Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR: Automata from Yoko Taro and Platinum Games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not sure if the 25 hour mark refers to multiple endings ot not. I usually don't go for all endings.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Two unassuming, middle-age Jap guys asking if we can buy their game, please

One would like to have a concert for his music, 'cause I guess every composer would like to once in their lifetime

Well

Best marketing I've ever seen, I guess I gotta break the "never buy at release" for this one

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
So unassuming, yet made some of the best soundtracks in the entire history of video gaming,

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
He hasn't done a lot. Mainly Drakengard 3, anime stuff, Tekken 6, a song for a Katamari game.

The Drakengard 3 OST is outstanding, of course.

tripedal

Savant
http://www.rpgsite.net/interview/49...alks-rpg-systems-and-the-platinum-partnership

It's really difficult to put into numbers, but the image that I have is that maybe 30 to 40 percent of the game is action and then around 70 to 60 percent of the game is RPG. So it's not really a 50/50 - it's actually more RPG-oriented. That being said, it's more about the storyline.

We wanted it to be so that you'll be able to clear the game by leveling up the characters rather than having to really rely on your own skills.

Seems like it's not going to be a traditional Platinum game.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Wonderful 101 was very untraditional. Let's hope this is as unique as that title.

Adon

Arcane
I guess how well this might go depends on how exactly enemies and bosses are changed up in higher difficulties, and if it'll allow for a low-level challenge type of run, or something that allows for more skillful players to challenge themselves.

Ivan

Arcane
if they have enemies as smart as these fuckers, we're golden:
latest

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well, they said in Gamescom interviews that they're aiming for a worldwide release on both platforms. So probably not that far.

tet666

Augur
Well, they said in Gamescom interviews that they're aiming for a worldwide release on both platforms. So probably not that far.

Exactly release will be worldwide, i really can't wait this looks so damn good.

Ivan

Arcane
me gusta la musica

those some PS2 models
hEpKPGi.jpg

:shredder: Platinum keeping their females tasteful
hLos3AT.jpg

GAUNTLETS. FUCK YES
1473811863-nier-boxing-gif.gif

asdjKtG.jpg

wonder what this one is about
8T6fbQi.jpg

Platinum hasn't done levels (progression) before. I wonder if this is going to open up the opportunity to tackle enemies that are deliberate above your level to test your combat skills. That would be dope.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
According to VGChartz, 3 sold poorly, NieR sold reasonably well:

Drakengard : 0.65 Million units worldwide
Drakengard 2: 0.13 M
NieR: 0.93 M
Drakengard 3: 0.30 M

Remember, please: everyone was basically out of their mind they made Drakengard 3 despite the relatively low interest in the franchise.
To THEN make NieR 2 is completely unheard of. Personally, I read that Yoko only got to make Drakengard 3 (he was jobless or doing mobile games in-between, I forget) because he had friends in high places with Square that owed him a favor.

How in God's name he convinced them to let him make NieR 2 after the Drakengard 3 sales is a complete mystery. Personally, I believe child sacrifice was involved.
But in this case, it was for a good cause!

Martius

Liturgist
From what I heard Square was interested in making new game with Platinum so I guess we can call it happy accident. Although if not Nier 2 I have no idea what they could make.

lightbane

Arcane
*checks video* The Popola and Devola twins are back! They shall suffer an horrible fate, of course. Probably because of your fault, to add. In fact, I predict there will lots of women dying, the SJWs would spontaneously combust with this game (or any other from the saga). There's one guy who seems to have weaponized the Black Scrawl, or he's using a fancy transformation sequence. Your robot companions seems awkwardly cute... Which means they will die horribly, too (due your fault, again).

Lastly... EMIL!!! Your poor bastard, you're back! :love:
It's unfortunate chances are he'll get an horrible fate as well. In fact, that also pretty much implies the enemy are something more than simple machines. Anyways... DRAKENGARD!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom