Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Humans and Monsters

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/406176324/humans-and-monsters

Trailer

Let me know what you think, putting together a demo it will be ready soon.

One of the longest enduring and inhabiting role-playing games, the Humans and Monsters is similar to that of

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons and offers a much, much deeper RPG experience.

SO. MUCH. CONTENT. Measured against its production values, this game provides the player with an amount of quality content unmatched, I believe, in any other RPG. The diversity of encounters, spells, quests and, well, just about everything, makes Humans and Monsters a one-of-a-kind complete experience. The combat is turn-based. Humans and Monsters has everything I look for in an RPG: a multitude of quests, an extreme amount of unique and interesting loot, a myriad of monsters to fight (over 500), and a story which, while not exactly Shakespeare material, is quite solid and memorable. In my opinion, this is pretty much the perfect RPG.

Many memorable Characters and Npc's all with there own story to tell. Replay value is very good because recruiting different Characters can change alot of things.

The game is huge, (Play testers have said well over 100 hours) with lots of different areas to explore brimming with content. Especially Bellmonia, the capital of Moryar, it is a joy to explore, and is definitely the best designed city in any computer RPG, with every inch of real estate used to good effect. The combat is turn-based with lots of strategy many magic spells and skills, which is the main reason most people love Humans and Monsters. Compared to the turn-based Gold Box games, there are far more options here when it comes to skills, abilities, spells, items and monster variety, as well as the better AI. Combined with the best encounter design of any RPG.

You will find so many different places to explore, cities, towns, villages, camps, dungeons, caves, towers, lots of hidden areas to find. So many different types of jobs, like fishing, hunting, mining, lumberjacking, alchemy, blacksmithing just to name a few. Buy and sell houses.

An exceptional RPG in every way; put Humans and Monsters near the top of your "games to play" list.

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
I love monsters but I hate humans. Could you remake this game with only monsters and all the humans taken out?

Haha that was funny! Really though that is a good idea! something different a world with all monsters good and evil lol

Neki

Scholar
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons and offers a much, much deeper RPG experience.
Humans and Monsters a one-of-a-kind complete experience
a story which, while not exactly Shakespeare material, is quite solid and memorable
the best designed city in any computer RPG
the best encounter design of any RPG.
Not interested:keepmyjewgold:
In my opinion, this is pretty much the perfect RPG.
:takemyjewgold::d1p:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Why would you go and stick a ball of light right in the middle of the M?

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is this a part of the same epic critically acclaimed series as Savage Bliss and Realm of Darkness? Is there gonna be another game next week?

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Measured against its production values,
May I ask, what the fuck this even means? Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the production values the amount and quality of the shit compared to the budget, not the budget itself.

Also, do you realize which forum you are on? If you make promises like this, and do not deliver, the Codex will not forget we will not forgive... Unless your name is Josh... Or Cleve... But that's not the point. If this turns out to be another RPGMaker game, you will be forever banished to the land of the Prosper and the Re Tar Do.

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
So much love in this room :)
And people wonder why its hard for indie Dev's lol

Wayward Son

Hey, I was just giving some friendly advice about hype and delivering on said hype. Especially when it comes to the Codex.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ah yes, the ultimate hardship of game development; people saying your game might not be the best thing since sliced bread on the internet.

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
Play the game....Then you will see why people like it. Wouldn't it be best to play a game before criticizing it? Makes sense to me.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
With screenshots of your run-of-the-mill RPGMaker game, a trailer that shows the game running like a slideshow and no demo... Yeah not wasting 5 dollars.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Man you guys will look so dumbfounded if all those promises of totally-not-at-all-not-even-a-bit-biased OP turn out to be true.

How about OP-who-puts-industry-and-chris-avellone-to-shame provides a free copy to a volunteer to look into the game for an hour? If it is as good as he claims, that timeframe should suffice to get the hype juices going and make us spread the word?

Wayward Son

kieferd20 Don't take this wrong. No matter the quality of the game, you succeeded where I haven't yet. You actually finished a game , RPGMaker or no. That earns a modicum of my respect. However, hyping your game up to no end you saying it's the best in this and that may get you sales, but you lose that respect, and people will fail to trust anything you say about a product you've made. Especially if it's only $5 USD, even if you say, "Yeah, it's got a lot of quests, almost all of decent quality, alright to good combat and cliche but decently written story, all with some RPG mechanics thrown in that I personally find pretty good, better than at least a few popular games out there right now in that respect." You will make sales. Hyping something the way that you have will cause people to A) Not purchase the game at all, especially from an unknown indie dev, or B) Get enraged at the slightest hint that you haven't delivered, and leave a negative review and quite possibly, return it, causing a net loss of income by lowered sales due to lower scores. Unlike some, I am not saying or implying that your game is inherently bad. I haven't played it, so I don't know for sure. However, in the case of single man teams, they often do not deliver on promises like those you have made. Your game might be good, it may not be good. But a good way for an unknown variable such as yourself to advertise something like this is to be modest and honest. That was the point I've been trying to make.

crpgnut

Augur
For grins, I just bought a copy of Realm of Darkness. There is a link to a patch on the website that is full of trojans, according to McAfee. I've contacted Paypal about this. Okay, tested it with AVG and Kapersky and they say it is a virus too. Note, this is the supposed patch that has the viruses, not the game itself. I just got the link to the game itself and will run that through several programs to see if it is infected too. If so, Paypal will likely go after these guys. I've learned that folks don't mess with Paypal. Okay, the game itself looks clean.

If the Dev comes here, you might want to look at your links. They may have been hacked. They're definitely full of bad stuff. I'll throw the game itself on a cheapy pc and see if it is infected too. Will let you guys know.

Scan is clean on the game. I'm going to run it and see what happens. It's unfortunate if someone hacked their patches. Hopefully, the devs can clean that up or figure out why they're getting false positives on their software.

Last edited:

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
For grins, I just bought a copy of Realm of Darkness. There is a link to a patch on the website that is full of trojans, according to McAfee. I've contacted Paypal about this. Okay, tested it with AVG and Kapersky and they say it is a virus too. Note, this is the supposed patch that has the viruses, not the game itself. I just got the link to the game itself and will run that through several programs to see if it is infected too. If so, Paypal will likely go after these guys. I've learned that folks don't mess with Paypal.
Wow...the patch is just images and sound files not trojans

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom