Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Humans and Monsters

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
For grins, I just bought a copy of Realm of Darkness. There is a link to a patch on the website that is full of trojans, according to McAfee. I've contacted Paypal about this. Okay, tested it with AVG and Kapersky and they say it is a virus too. Note, this is the supposed patch that has the viruses, not the game itself. I just got the link to the game itself and will run that through several programs to see if it is infected too. If so, Paypal will likely go after these guys. I've learned that folks don't mess with Paypal. Okay, the game itself looks clean.

If the Dev comes here, you might want to look at your links. They may have been hacked. They're definitely full of bad stuff. I'll throw the game itself on a cheapy pc and see if it is infected too. Will let you guys know.

Scan is clean on the game. I'm going to run it and see what happens.

Its one thing to not like a developer or a game he has made but to make false allegations about virus's is the bottom of the barrel...there are not virus's or trojans in none of the packages, they have been fully tested
and all the files are on itch.io and they do virus scans to protect there members. Thats wrong and you know it!

crpgnut

Augur
So created a character. You are automatically a fighter and once you type a name you become Name the The Chosen! Yes, two the's in a row! Special! I haven't even taken a step and found the first bug. No keyboard commands for walking or anything. This is almost 100% mouse driven. Okay, so I go into a shop. If you click on a weapon, you will buy it. There is no way to back out of a purchase either, that I can tell. I accidentally clicked on an axe and ended up with as many as I could afford. Same with stat points. I wanted to see what each did, but the second you click on one there is no going back.

Okay, really simple mechanics, but it looks okay to me. I'll play this today and give some impressions after a couple hours. If they added key bindings for the most common stuff, that'd be cool. I for inventory, etc.

Last edited:

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
So created a character. You are automatically a fighter and once you type a name you become Name the The Chosen! Yes, two the's in a row! Special! I haven't even taken a step and found the first bug. No keyboard commands for walking or anything. This is almost 100% mouse driven. Okay, so I go into a shop. If you click on a weapon, you will buy it. There is no way to back out of a purchase either, that I can tell. I accidentally clicked on an axe and ended up with as many as I could afford. Same with stat points. I wanted to see what each did, but the second you click on one there is no going back.
OMG why are you so set on lieing? arrow keys move you around lol enter to interact escape to cancel shift to run...wow!

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
ok guys to set the records straight im going to let you all have a free run at it, I sure do not like the lies.
heres the link try it out if you like you will find that there are no virus's and you can use the mouse or keyboard lol
http://ellisstudios.org/rod/ROD1.exe

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But is your main character good at fighting enemies? Also worth noting that here the fighter's name is actually "Fighter". Fighter the fighter.

489aebe8fc0e9f10cdc5879b77afcab8_original.png

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
But is your main character good at fighting enemies? Also worth noting that here the fighter's name is actually "Fighter". Fighter the fighter.

489aebe8fc0e9f10cdc5879b77afcab8_original.png

for one thing you are referring to another game.....You downloaded realms of darkness not Humans and Monsters :) two different games! that screenshot is with the default name fighter lol you will change it at character creation

crpgnut

Augur
Its one thing to not like a developer or a game he has made but to make false allegations about virus's is the bottom of the barrel...there are not virus's or trojans in none of the packages, they have been fully tested
and all the files are on itch.io and they do virus scans to protect there members. Thats wrong and you know it!

Um, how do I post a pic here. I'll show you what McAfee is showing. Note this is from your site, no the itch.io site. They may be fine there and I'll give those a shot. I'm actually trying your game and paid for it. It looks simple, but that's okay.

crpgnut

Augur
Yeah, I'm talking Realm of Darkness. It looked like the newest game that was actually released. Are the others more advanced?

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer

Um, how do I post a pic here. I'll show you what McAfee is showing. Note this is from your site, no the itch.io site. They may be fine there and I'll give those a shot. I'm actually trying your game and paid for it. It looks simple, but that's okay.

What im saying is the same package thats on ellis studios is on itch.io nothing different. i ran a scan after you said that it is coming back clean.

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer

What im saying is the same package thats on ellis studios is on itch.io nothing different. i ran a scan after you said that it is coming back clean.

Humans and Monsters is the newest

crpgnut

Augur
Weird. I get a ding from McAfee and Kapersky on it. My Kapersky is old though....I have no idea how to post a screenshot of a file from my pc here. I'm not anit-Ellis Studios though. It seems okay to me, to be honest. Arrow keys do work! Anything else obvious that I'm missing? I wouldn't know the first thing about a Let's play. Somebody will do one, it is inevitable.

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer

Well one reason they are simple is because my son helps me make them he enjoys it, he has leukemia and loves rpg's he takes after me :)

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
Weird. I get a ding from McAfee and Kapersky on it. My Kapersky is old though....I have no idea how to post a screenshot of a file from my pc here. I'm not anit-Ellis Studios though. It seems okay to me, to be honest. Arrow keys do work! Anything else obvious that I'm missing? I wouldn't know the first thing about a Let's play. Somebody will do one, it is inevitable.
I am not sure why the arrow keys are not working for you....that is the first I've heard of that, I just loaded it and they are fine.
To make a screenshot just hit print screen then go into paint and hit copy the screenshot will show up. then save it and upload it here

Zdzisiu

Arcane
What to do to provide a screenshot:

1. Press PrtScrn or PrintScreen on your keyboard, it will take a screenshot of your current display, the shit you see on your monitor.
2. Open MS Paint, use ctrl v to paste it into the program.
3. You can crop the screenshot and then save it on your computer.
4. Go to some image hosting website like imgur.com and upload the file there.
5. Copy the link imgur gave you here and we will be able to look at the screenshot. Direct link to image or whatever imgur wants to call the link.
6. ???
7. Prosper!

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer

Also It could be a false positive from the package program I use clickteam install creator. But I know all files are clean.

crpgnut

Augur
I can confirm they are clean, Dawn. I just let them install in spite of the error and the game seems fine. My pc isn't getting any extra activity either. Should we delete that part of the post? I don't want anyone skipping the game because of a false positive by my Virus softwarez.

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
I can confirm they are clean, Dawn. I just let them install in spite of the error and the game seems fine. My pc isn't getting any extra activity either. Should we delete that part of the post? I don't want anyone skipping the game because of a false positive by my Virus softwarez.
Its all good...no hard feelings.

crpgnut

Augur
Have you advertised over at RPGWatch? If not, they're a good backup forum to these for indie games. I'll post about your site over there in a bit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom