Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Time to Conquer the Cold: Wasteland 3 Fig Campaign is Live

Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
What are you talking about? They fixed almost all the problems with the game after Director's Cut
What, they added choices & consequences?

R@tmaster

Educated
You can make a console version and a good PC cRPG, as other games like DOS, probably Torment have shown us.
You right. But I thought that inXile will also make few original games. For me this kickstarter something like a manifest.

I really don't understand why all the complains...

I think Wasteland 2 was a good game!

Far from perfect, but at least I finished it and enjoyed every second of it.

The UI was shit, and also the graphics - but lots of the best old school games suffered from UI problems and shitty graphic.

On the other hand, the atmosphere was great, and the writing was good!

I backed Wasteland 3.
Actually, I backed all InXile games.
20$ for a game (and free Stasis/Underrail copy) it's a great deal.

And I truly believe that InXile improve their games over the years...

So how many of the 4 games you've backed have you received?

One & a half.

BUT!!!

The one I got (Wasteland 2) was exactly what I was expecting!
It was a solid game in a period when good crpgs were nowhere to be found!
So it was a good game especially for its time.
And I played the beta of Torment and I think it's going to be amazing!

So I trust InXile with their products.
And I can wait the years...if they'll keep making good games.

I can understand some of the complains here.
But I think that some people here made InXile their enemy...for no good reason.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Edit: Actually, I saw the collectors edition and am weakening.
You mean this mockup?

The picture is not impressive, but the description of all the juicy loot I could pick up is compelling. That was yesterday, however, and today I have moved on to other things. This suggests that paying money for a game that may be out in three years is not a wise decision.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Not sure why people are butthurt about the "pre-order" thing. Essentially every kick/fig starter is a pre-order, some have longer scopes than others. And come on 25 bucks? Hardly alot of money, maybe for some of you, but most new games cost 50-60 bucks from a preorder. 25-35 dollars is such a low amount, that it's throwaway money, forgettable.

Regardless, I am very hopeful that Styg will soon announce, that he is indeed working on the game alongside InXile and Chris from The Brotherhood, because it would seem logical, given that one of the two games connected to the figstarter, has already an official announcement of the devs working on it with InXile.

DramaticPopcorn

Uh, how did this almost got backed already?

Currently sitting at 215$ per backer, what the hell men

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
All the people who missed the major Kickstarters and want to learn a lesson about game development on their own, expect an influx of whining new members in 2019

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Wasteland 2 was fucking shit, why would anyone give them money after that?
Don't you have anything else to say? Just spewing shit because that is the Codex way to react to everything? Why do you think people give them money, hotshot? Maybe they enjoyed their games earlier and want this game to succedd as well.

Why does some idiots on the Codex believe that their opinion of a game is the one true opinion in the world? Guess what, it is not!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Also, guess what, if your opinion aligns with the majority it is very likely you are a simpleton who can't form his own opinions.

Guess what!

acer palmatum

Scholar
Also, guess what, if your opinion aligns with the majority it is very likely you are a simpleton who can't form his own opinions.

Guess what!

It's about enjoying or not enjoying a former game of a developer making a new one - I at least, never liked a game because it was loved or hated by the majority. And I doubt very hard there are many people around enjoying a game that would normally be shit for them, only because most people like it.

Sprout

Educated
This suggests that paying money for a game that may be out in three years is not a wise decision.
Kickstarter was never about making the wise decisions. It's a question of wanting to see a game made and how much you're willing to sink money towards it. In this context backing wasteland 3 is a bit redundant. I don't have too much money to throw around so I'm not backing either, but seeing all the crpgs that came from kickstarter, I'm convinced that backing in general is a good thing.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Guess what!
Understanding FeelTheRads--> always be on the opposite opinion so you look smart.

Guess what, sometimes one's own opinion is in line with the majority's opinion.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Guess what!
Understanding FeelTheRads--> always be on the opposite opinion so you look smart.

Guess what, sometimes one's own opinion is in line with the majority's opinion.

Irrelevant. You keep using the majority opinion in some attempt to validate your opinion in front of others and/or for yourself.

Whether your formed your opinions yourself or just chose the most popular one really doesn't matter if you have to defend it like that.

D!!

Educated
Irrelevant. You keep using the majority opinion in some attempt to validate your opinion in front of others and/or for yourself.

Whether your formed your opinions yourself or just chose the most popular one really doesn't matter if you have to defend it like that.

Your opinion is shit.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Does FeelTheButthurts ever contribute to anything other than pure edginess for the sake of edginess and contrarianism? :D

I'm starting to doubt that he even likes cRPGs, let alone plays any of them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fireblade

Erudite
Uh, how did this almost got backed already?

Currently sitting at 215$ per backer, what the hell men

They had collected $1.3 million from investors before the Figstarter launched to backers.

So it's more like 85$ per backer
More like $45 - there's 10425 backers and $470K from backers. (For comparison, Bard's Tale IV got $700K from backers in its first day, if Kicktraq is to be believed.)

The rest of the money is $1.7M from investors, most of which was already there before the campaign even launched. I'm assuming investors aren't included in the "backers" count that Fig gives. Even if they were, they would be a drop in the bucket so wouldn't affect the $45 average much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom