Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Time to Conquer the Cold: Wasteland 3 Fig Campaign is Live

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Actually it would probably be less because the most generous backers are also the ones most likely to migrate to Fig, but that's still pretty good. Compare with Divinity: Original Sin 2, which got two million on Kickstarter.
Is there any way to see how the investments are distributed? I.e. how many small time 1k one share investments there are? That would tell a bit more about the popularity of the project.

We don't care about the investments, do we? We care about regular backers, ie normal fans. You can look at the number of people who have pledged to each tier. Push the little "i" button next to the funding progression bar to see how much of the funding is from them and how much is from investors.
Ah but the logic here is that the 1k share investors might have substituted their pledge for an investment of the same size, right?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You could try posting in the comments section and asking.

Weasel
I wonder about the likes of Dengler, who would put 10k+ into games to help get them made, and in return just get to go to the parties and some ego-stroking in game stuff... will they still do that or instead throw, say, 100k in as an investment, still feeling like they're being bros and getting the game made? And what is better for a dev, 10k non-repayable or 100k with a cut of revenues?

Wizfall

Cipher
I'm not in that business but as i see it, Fig investors are doing it more because they have an interest in the project than for the profits.
If it would only be of the profits i think there are more interesting things to do, especially using Fig as it is.
A bit like "ethical funds" but even more interested in the product than the profits (which still remains extremely important in the ethical funds).

Fry

Arcane
Something tells me that if you invest $10k in the game, InXile will be happy to comp you a game box.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Something tells me that if you invest $10k in the game, InXile will be happy to comp you a game box.

As a Fig investor, inXile never knows your name. It's the Fig support staff who would have to gift you a box, out of their company's profits.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Fig investments are capped at 2.25 mil, which they're likely to hit before the end of the campaign. If there's a sudden jump in high tier pledges right afterwards, that would indicate some overlap between the two audiences.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Very interesting! I backed this regardless since I enjoyed WL2 a lot - but I did find it weird that they're using a new platform instead of the better-known Kickstarter (which could have ended up making 'em more money).

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I also vote for a fundraiser we hve backed other projects recently (including D:OS2) so I dont see why we shouldnt do one

Way ahead of you.

CK9KD9E.png

Sannom

Augur
Very interesting! I backed this regardless since I enjoyed WL2 a lot - but I did find it weird that they're using a new platform instead of the better-known Kickstarter (which could have ended up making 'em more money).
Fargo has shares/interests in Fig. Considering his new business model is based on crowd-funding, it makes sense for him to try and create a new platform that is geared more toward video games.

Which game is that?
Tyranny. Paradox didn't steal it or anything like that, but it's obvious that the publisher model still comes with its disadvantages.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom