Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
http://ellisstudios.org/rod/index.html

https://kieferd20.itch.io/realm-of-darkness

https://www.igdb.com/games/realm-of...00-hours-of-authentic-role-playing-experience

http://gamejolt.com/games/realm-of-darkness/190768

Discover an addictive combat system. Over 300 unique types of enemies roam the lands , each capable of posing their own kinds of threats to your adventure. There are hundreds of possible strategies to lead the group to victory, including the use of scrolls and all types of magic.

Customize your characters anyway you want. . There are 8 character classes and over 20 useful skills, there are over 100 side quests, crafting skills.

You will never get bored with Realm of Darkness

• Realm of Darkness is available for Windows based computers.
  • Have up to 5 characters in your party at one time.
  • Play as a male or female character.
  • Customize your characters anyway you want with stat points.
  • Improved HD widescreen graphic resolution and details.
  • DRM Free! We respect our customers.
  • New weather effects: snow, rain, and thunderstorms. Weather isn't just an effect; severe weather effects gameplay stats and skills.
  • Additional skills and improved skill balancing.
  • Lots of crafting and jobs.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Will you at least admit that you're the developer now?

Ellis Studio's Realm of Darkness comments section said:
kieferd20
yesterday
2016 Marks a great year!
Dearest Fan/Customer/Friend:

f6Hxn.jpg

polo

Magister
THERE WAS ANOTHER? After finishing savage bliss i was so sad, i wanted MORE.
THIS IS GREAT NEWS! :takemyjewgold:

How much will this one cost? 1.000$? 10.000$!??, 100.000$?!??
What!? only 4.99$? OMG, i feel like im robbing Ellis studios!

Neki

Scholar
  • Play as a male or female character.
C&C
  • Customize yours characters anyway you want with stat points.
OMG Can you guys believe that in all my videogame years i never such things in a RPG

• New weather effects: snow, rain, and thunderstorms. Weather isn't just an effect; severe weather effects gameplay stats and skills.
:stupid:

• Realm of Darkness is available for Windows based computers.

WUT?!?! You saying that i can't play on my Mac:decline:

Dude, you really need to improve your maketing department.

Also,the game looks like is shit

Hyperion

Arcane

Combat begins at around the 4 minute mark. I hope the game doesn't run exclusively at 17 FPS. If this is a serious post for the game, I would say it belongs more in the JRPG section. Combat screams it's a bastard child of Final Fantasy and Grandia. Having a visual bar for everyone's action time, but not bothering to at least copy Grandia's Combo and Critical system to allow for canceling of enemy turns is a missed opportunity of astronomical proportions. Unfortunately, it looks like the entire game was made in the time since the Savage Bliss thread was created.

I only skipped around certain points of the video, and while it's quite possible some of the character development systems might be ...competent, the writing is atrocious, there are grammatical errors left and right, the writing style gives (what I assume to be fantasy archetypal characters based on portraits) the complete wrong 'tone' of voice to said characters, and as a whole wouldn't inspire me to do the myriad sub-, side- and main quests this game claims to have, let alone even download it.

The sizes of characters and objects feels completely arbritrary. The PC is nearly the size of a house, but only twice the size of a signpost. Barrels looks like they barely approach the height of the PC's knees. Nor does he look like he would fit under the roof of the bamboo hut / gazebo thing in the thumbnail.

There's no fluidity to the animations. Even when a character is hit and takes damage, you can see the game subtracting the numbers before the final value is reached.

Physical attacks deal 1 damage, but a spell does 17. In response, lowly Goblins can one shot a Fighter, and the game uses random battles but without an escape function? Sounds like the single most frustrating gaming experience you can ask for.

Last edited:

Trip

Learned
Like any self-respecting RPG-developer, Kieferd is surely aiming at a trilogy. I'm waiting with bated breath for the inevitable third announcement. Go Kieferd!

crpgnut

Augur
I'm playing Realm of Darkness, at least until it breaks. I've been trying to get the developer to send me a non-broken version for over a week now. She's sent me a ton of stuff, but the bottom line is I've never seen anything past the first little island. There is an invisible person that has gotten further. Unfortunately, there is no proof said person exists until we see some video, that isn't from one of the other replicas (Humans and Monsters, Savage Bliss, Dragon Dung, oops Clan). Even the developer won't send me a save game as proof that there is anything past the first island. Seems fishy, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

If I don't get proof today, I'll send you guys a bunch of entertaining emails that show the comedy.

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer

Combat begins at around the 4 minute mark. I hope the game doesn't run exclusively at 17 FPS. If this is a serious post for the game, I would say it belongs more in the JRPG section. Combat screams it's a bastard child of Final Fantasy and Grandia. Having a visual bar for everyone's action time, but not bothering to at least copy Grandia's Combo and Critical system to allow for canceling of enemy turns is a missed opportunity of astronomical proportions. Unfortunately, it looks like the entire game was made in the time since the Savage Bliss thread was created.

I only skipped around certain points of the video, and while it's quite possible some of the character development systems might be ...competent, the writing is atrocious, there are grammatical errors left and right, the writing style gives (what I assume to be fantasy archetypal characters based on portraits) the complete wrong 'tone' of voice to said characters, and as a whole wouldn't inspire me to do the myriad sub-, side- and main quests this game claims to have, let alone even download it.

The sizes of characters and objects feels completely arbritrary. The PC is nearly the size of a house, but only twice the size of a signpost. Barrels looks like they barely approach the height of the PC's knees. Nor does he look like he would fit under the roof of the bamboo hut / gazebo thing in the thumbnail.

There's no fluidity to the animations. Even when a character is hit and takes damage, you can see the game subtracting the numbers before the final value is reached.

Physical attacks deal 1 damage, but a spell does 17. In response, lowly Goblins can one shot a Fighter, and the game uses random battles but without an escape function? Sounds like the single most frustrating gaming experience you can ask for.

No the game runs fine it was the video editor i used :( im not good at making videos lol

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer

Most of this info that was written is wrong and false, the min damage you can do is 1, weapon damage is based like ad&d rules each weapon has there min and max. like longsword is 1-8 plus str bonuses.
there is an escape button all you do is hit escape :) the video is very laggy that explains why things dont look right. the game runs perfect.

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
THERE WAS ANOTHER? After finishing savage bliss i was so sad, i wanted MORE.
THIS IS GREAT NEWS! :takemyjewgold:

How much will this one cost? 1.000$? 10.000$!??, 100.000$?!??
What!? only 4.99$? OMG, i feel like im robbing Ellis studios!

Sold 400 copies in 1 week i think its doing pretty well :)

kieferd20

Ellis Studios
Developer
If anyone wants to help out with marketing and promoting i would pay royalties if need be, also need help testing and stuff, humans and monsters is going great just need some help. you can always email me

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom