Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

spekkio

Arcane
Onimusha 3 - Further Decline

vqXCfXZ.jpg

:desu:

EGpiGQM.jpg

:?

2XDv6sT.jpg

Isn't it...

eKZKcQu.jpg

:yeah:

It looks like Samanosuke caught another fine Capcom specimen...

f124657fb44f.jpg

:greatjob:

Meanwhile, second playable character...

RjTH8UC.jpg

eKt6UYo.jpg

:hmmm:

GE2SXMN.jpg

4Po3APE.jpg

watthefack4.png

A horse of course

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (2010)

Whilst the main Crystal Dynamics team secretly worked on their second reboot of the Tomb Raider franchise, Square Enix began releasing spinoff games under the Lara Croft title, differentiating them from the mainline series whilst preserving the classic (or at least first reboot's) depiction of the character as an adrenaline-fueled, acrobatic superheroine. Guardian of Light is an isometric twin-stick shooter combined with rudimentary puzzle and platforming elements that opens as a team of mercenaries force Lara to enter an ancient South American tomb to release both the ancient demon Xolotl and his jailor, the Mayan hero Totec. With the mercenaries slaughtered by Xolotl's minions, Totec and Lara team up to find the Mirror of Smoke and entomb Xolotl once again.

Whist designed as a co-op game, there are no issues playing through the main campaign alone, as Lara simply gains the items and powers usually attributed to Totec. Most areas are totally linear, with extra items typically stashed up on ledges or over a more precarious route through one of the many trapped paths, although there are several optional tombs containing slightly more complicated puzzles and difficult enemies for those interested in extra content. Several larger overland areas are presented as hubs of a sort, with a number of different tombs scattered around these maps containing items needed to progress onwards, but the player is usually railroaded from one of these tombs to another via blocked paths, and what little exploration is available will, at best, uncover a miniboss or a couple of extra collectibles. Though controls can be slightly awkward using WASD and the mouse (particularly when jumping), the game automates a lot of the process of jumping from one platform to the other, so unless you leapt in completely the wrong direction, you're unlikely to miss your target. Combat is typical of the genre, and there are a number of bosses best defeated via the use of strategically placed traps and environmental hazards.

There's not much to say beyond the basics - as a single-player title, it's a reasonably competent light puzzle/shooter hybrid worth wasting a few hours on - albeit a bit dull, bordering on monotonous. As a budget title, I though it made good use of recycled assets - such as the soundtracks from the previous three Tomb Raider games - to keep costs down, so I'm surprised it never developed into a yearly cycle of releases, with the sequel only materializing in 2014.

zi6S9Gv.jpg
jbK9dLT.jpg
7UesgSH.jpg
iCAYeVa.jpg
qZZmkLj.jpg
bJ8UowT.jpg
SRSDiFp.jpg
qUGOQEJ.jpg
XoPTtZy.jpg
hxP0RR2.jpg
qL5xwGY.jpg
NaMTmNr.jpg
Xe3ym2K.jpg
wc5S4o3.jpg
wceH47e.jpg
XvlTDkm.jpg
j7C4BYC.jpg
2CNYFjf.jpg
6wKvnky.jpg
lgVY6XZ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

A horse of course

I just finished ToO and I enjoyed it more than the first due to the greater emphasis on action and swifter movement. I was apprehensive about it after seeing the reviews but I can't say I ran into any of the deleted savegames, glitches or poor performance (though running a 2014 twin-stick on my 2016 I should damn well hope not). I'll post the screens once I've progressed a bit into Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I think 10 hours each is overstating it though. I only went out of my way to get powerups/weapons and collectibles in the main levels and skipped the tombs, and they were about 5hrs each, at most.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Vatnik Life Simulator
DF893074E6AD4276513C3F84E44A5D4053CCD085

A38CA401F3AB1E3AF6D04E05949C6D3782A91217

BE6A54AE62C09D4C52E55A718E002ADDB2630152
9825F3814D80CA8F74B0C08B409D358C1603E297
06EACAD0803727590410E60A039C6F794D947BD5
See that message, where some guy found Mama's Beads? I found that guy, shoot him (because Zone yada yada lawless) and guess what - he go it in the pockets.
P. useful.

Last edited:

AArmanFV

Arbiter
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Resuming Wiz4, the levels are quite interesting, the combat mechanics are something boring, is like gambling, your monsters are your dice and they roll in combat, but the game is cool though, it feels like a Wizardry despite that.

aJm5WWF.jpg

f2XdHRt.jpg

Minesweeper_board.jpg

9Z8GHyy.jpg

2Yzwi0V.jpg

OAoMeVX.jpg

EKronG1.jpg

u4KaJkY.jpg

HcUHfvm.jpg

ulWY96Z.jpg

ExlnIqN.jpg

Yes, some stones that I lost because Thiefs.

qgWOfVh.jpg

JjlHKxd.jpg

6GvrdWz.jpg

So this is how darkness looks like now.

5pfbrSG.jpg

pr6AUvH.jpg

I can't imagine a ziggurat buried 7 levels below eath

Ws9g8F5.jpg

That's Bullshit.

EahkFlO.jpg

Maybe I should.

TX32TDO.jpg

:kwafuckyeah:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Ah, the Ziggurat, the place where you long back to the minefield. Where every step forwards sends you two back. Where enemy mages magic you to death before you can say TILTOWAIT!

DraQ

Arcane
The fuck is this?

Can't say I enjoy the visual style, but it's certainly cut above the usual hipster shit and obviously done with good deal of care - I can definitely see a person honestly enjoying it without being a complete dipshit (I guess that's what respectful disagreement means).
:salute:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
As skaky said - I posted screenshots from Stalker - Call of Chernobyl, total freeplay game (too big to be a mod, more like platform for modding, with better engine and else).
People were complaining about things in CoCh. That include empty maps (solved with population bar in Options), spawning enemies on player position (also solved with off-life area in options), empty undergrounds (labs, most intense horror and terror fueled places in Stalker games) and lack of single player story (who the fuck needs that? Stalker is about avoiding main story line, like Skyrim and Ubisoft open world games).
All these things were solved with recent release of CoCh 1.4, and to play Story Mode you need to find Doctor somewhere on these 48 maps, full of hostile forces, military, fanatics and mutants without quest compass.
and I did it
Tell me old man, what you want to discover the truth of the Zone?
HLwl8xU.jpg

CZx3J.gif

go
fuck
yourself
Other screenshots
My character
EiTH2Ot.jpg

alWznM7.jpg

P1AcR0d.jpg

LuEXEKD.jpg

in memory of
4-kp9jjTZjPnjiBdsMGF40acm605T9Q_c4n5WoyyTzY.jpg

xjZwumQ.jpg

iRDZ6pj.jpg

BETfLhW.jpg

gc3WqXS.jpg

Other screenshots from recently reinstalled CoH. With Steam version (all in one with add-ons, no patching) it looks promising. And it already feel less trashy than CoH2. I liked that game for taking your time. You could make group of mortars operators and spam the shit out of it. Still not reaching panzer phaze, where all Relic hilarity and prosperity live long...
7B8AD273515861D3016D2798524B7A462241E6FE

8A0718B8AEE6DC6083C406EF849D1516FC32A99B
F39CAF44190052AA10A183BFE371DA279F8ED94E

62F9DBD5CCFDB689214B2B91C8DE39F2FB0F5733
68345FA678379DEE9C8DC830E90A2550EF2D87A0
0C212B6A04E1EC8B242AEDB16AC3168BA63D5A97
C0CDC49F319320EBDB36E4C7BC50CA16FA7C1418
to imagine that was looking good years back...obviously 3d games get uglier with age, not like fine 2d art masterpiece...

Last edited:

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shadow Warrior: Enter the Wang chapter.

V90e4qR.jpg

kU9ObaH.jpg

You are half the man you used to be, hhaha.

2MhFSpd.jpg

xxjelSn.jpg

QPTmPHD.jpg

S4M8kp2.jpg

Burn baby, burn! Flames are getting higher!

2BrYo4f.jpg

Master Putin and his waifus.

ip6jpGZ.jpg

Do you want to wash Wang? Or do you want to watch Wang wash wang?

85xrtr6.jpg

Follow little rabbit!

UFVdDxE.jpg

OZtVfmX.jpg

7sPH4VT.jpg

That's not how you use that thing.

4CS1RkX.jpg

2SRqmCw.jpg

Annoying wasps.

uOWE258.jpg

Hahah, horny rabbit!

vPhbpQp.jpg

IFvnHQn.jpg

I know.

bUfqx00.jpg

mSqCdtj.jpg

How do you reckon that move, you little shit?!

Cgqq77l.jpg

:smug:

dCgIlqJ.jpg

0MMjcSa.jpg

I love nucular weap... woops.

zMbYsGL.jpg

wuQ6ZN7.jpg

:negative:

Qow1GhV.jpg

:shredder:

UKS0ZVc.jpg

RwZS6fp.jpg

Riskbreaker

Your texture firtering brings great shame upon you, Naveen. Your rack of honor is akin to that of dishonorabre grasshopper that inhabits the untended rawn of widow whose morars are most questionabre.
You are to meditate on this!

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes, Redux. The filtering can be changed to "retro" style, though, which I guess is close to the original. Looks better actually.

FhQRrjg.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom