Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradox has bought White Wolf, plans on giving "some fresh blood" to the WoD/Vampire IPs

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Time to prove how little graphics matter to you core Codexers.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Oh, I expected some clicker or something. I guess in a sense this is a step up at least. At least something is finally moving.

Could get it... at 75% off.

Cromwell

Arcane
I wanted to test it immediately and then I read this:

Set in modern-day Sweden, Mage: The Ascension: Refuge by critically-acclaimed author Karin Tidbeck, lets you experience today's social and political upheavals while awakening to the power of True Magick.

the fuck?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Zak Smith and Sarah Horrocks.

ss_b2cb8f24670ae2c62719378795bc35c1181860b4.1920x1080.jpg

Cancerous all around, avoid.

(for additional context, Zak S is one of the most unholy of combinations, a sjw and a third edition-loving grognard http://mandymorbid.tumblr.com/post/106857162470/im-a-chainmail-bikini-feminist-and-im-fucking)

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Can I have a version without the eye cancer?

And by that I mean the text.

Gerrard

Arcane
I wanted to test it immediately and then I read this:

Set in modern-day Sweden, Mage: The Ascension: Refuge by critically-acclaimed author Karin Tidbeck, lets you experience today's social and political upheavals while awakening to the power of True Magick.

the fuck?
Karin Tidbeck (2012)
Karin_Tidbeck_i_panel_p%C3%A5_%C3%85con_5.jpg

Karin Tidbeck at Finncon 2013 in Helsinki
Karin_Tidbeck_C_IMG_4180.JPG

:what::prosper:

the_1990

Educated
hmm, someone rated my post "old", but the Werewolf game has not been mentioned in this thread so far.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.pcgamesn.com/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-sequel

Paradox know "people want a Bloodlines sequel," will make one "when the time is right"

Paradox Con 2017 just wrapped up in Stockholm, and there have already been lots of exciting announcements about the ambitious strategy publishers' coming plans. Some of these should concern the intellectual property of White Wolf publishing, which includes the 2004 cult hit Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, so we asked Paradox CEO Fredrik Wester about that very subject.

Apart from the fact that they now own VTMB, many of the leads on that game now work at Obsidian, with whom Paradox have collaborated before.

“Yeah, on paper that's a really good match,” says Wester. “Of course, sooner or later, people will want a follow-up to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines… and when the time is right I guess a sequel will find its place in the market. But it's too early to say anything about that right now.”

Paradox bought White Wolf in 2015, but it’s clear that they are taking their time making games based on their IP. Wester accepts this, saying they don’t want to announce anything too early for fear of disappointing fans, “but things are coming - that’s not a secret. There’s no use buying such a rich catalogue of IPs just to be sitting on them another ten years.”

We ask about Werewolf: The Apocalypse, a forthcoming videogame adaptation of White Wolf's tabletop RPG, which is due to be published by Focus Home Interactive.

Wester stresses that White Wolf are “very much independent from Paradox. They have their own team, their own CEO, and they pretty much run the business. And we have a lot of contact, but we’re not stepping on each other’s toes.

“The deal with Focus, I just heard about. They were like ‘we’re making a deal with focus, and it’s an RPG, and it’s a Werewolf game,’ and I knew just two weeks before the announcement. I don’t even know what it’s about. Sounds a bit sloppy, but I have full confidence in the White Wolf team that they’re going to deliver the right stuff.”

How's that for a hands-off management style?

If all this talk of Vampire Bloodlines has got you nostalgic, the original is available on Steam here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom