Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is the summer, final, AoD update still planned ?

hivemind

And if it is are you aiming more for an end of summer release or during the prime of the summer months ?

Elhoim
Vault Dweller

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The update is still planned but it's rather large in scope and we can't do it while working on the dungeon crawler (we'd need at least 6 weeks of full time work). So far we're planning to finish the crawler's content first, start beta-test and work on the final AoD update during it. If everything goes well, it will be released in October.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I played AoD multiple times on launch all without a single update/patch, I believe. I decided to wait until all were out before going again when I heard about plans to add more content in future patches. Are you finished with it now, or how close is the next/final update? I've been listening to some of the soundtrack and am really craving another run.

Cromwell

Arcane
I played AoD multiple times on launch all without a single update/patch, I believe. I decided to wait until all were out before going again when I heard about plans to add more content in future patches. Are you finished with it now, or how close is the next/final update? I've been listening to some of the soundtrack and am really craving another run.

from the store page : The final content update will be released in December (most likely). Think of it as a free DLC to thank you for your support and encouragement. It will extend the endgame and introduce a new ending (among other things).

Pelvis Knot

Cipher
Hey Vault Dweller, I bought AoD from your site and activated it on Steam. But I didn't buy a game on Steam for a few years and prefer GOG (bought DR there yesterday).
I was wondering whether you have any plans to add AoD to GOG Connect in the future?

Vault Dweller

Developer
We will look into it (we just got an invite to use it but didn't have time to play around with it yet).

Vault Dweller

Developer
I don't think it's necessary (as in most cases it's just you against a bunch of evildoers) but we'll consider all options when the time comes. The main issue with the bar is it greatly increases the number of portraits required for the game. So a simple thing like moving the existing bar can keep the artist busy for a month. I hoped that Mazin would spend a couple of months on DR and move to the CSG but he worked on DR until the very last day and he's working on extra PC portraits now.

I really need him on the CSG now so I don't want to create new projects for him.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Vault Dweller, do you think that your two artists could make more art for text-adventure scenarios for the colony ship game if they were colorless and simpler?

pillarsreview6.jpg

Vault Dweller

Developer
I don't know as we've never tried it. In general, art takes time and our text adventures are more extensive than the ones in Pillars, so even if we do black-n-white illustrations it might become a major project. Since we're aiming to do more in less time, I doubt we'll have any room for such things.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So this thread confirms that the modifications from the combat in Dungeon Rats will be retrofitted to Age of Decadence, will this be done on the upcoming last patch for AoD and when can we expect it?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
VD, do you plan to add a new achievement related to the new ending?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom