Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News First KOTOR 2 details

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

According to this <a href=http://www.rpgdot.com/index.php#27704>news post</a> at <a href=http://www.rpgdot.com>RPG Dot</a>, <b>KotOR 2: The Sith Lords</b> will be released in Feb 2005. Here is what's known about the game at this point.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>The game is set five years after the events in the original game. You are a Jedi outcast who returns to the Republic which is in a shattered state after the Revan Malak war. The Jedi Order is hiding in the Jedi temple ruins on Dantooine.
<br>
<br>
Revan and HK-47 are going to be part of the game again. Revan will not be a playable character. Ebon Hawk is going to return as well just as other characters from the previous game. Further details have yet to be revealed.
<br>
<br>
There will be no savegame import from the original game. The game engine is the same that was used for the prequel.
<br>
<br>
There is going to be a new Jedi "Prestige" class. The existing ones (Guardian, Soldier etc) will be there as well. </blockquote>Yes, Volourn, we're posting rumors again :)

Jarinor

Liturgist
Are there going to be four potential Sith apprentices that you're going to have to track down and kill off, on four separate planets?

Spazmo

Erudite
Revan and HK-47 are going to be part of the game again. Revan will not be a playable character. Ebon Hawk is going to return as well just as other characters from the previous game.

Oh please oh please oh please oh please have the plot of the game be the investigation of Bastila's bloody murder. Which happens before the game starts.

Offscreen.

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
Jarinor said:
Are there going to be four potential Sith apprentices that you're going to have to track down and kill off, on four separate planets?

To ultimately destroy the Star Vats which produces super Sith clones and kill the new Sith Lord.

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
Revan and HK-47 are going to be part of the game again. Revan will not be a playable character. Ebon Hawk is going to return as well just as other characters from the previous game.

Oh please oh please oh please oh please have the plot of the game be the investigation of Bastila's bloody murder. Which happens before the game starts.

Offscreen.

No! Jolee's murder, he's the worst!!

Jed

Cipher
1. Jolee was one of the best things about the game.

2. Wasn't Dantooine destroyed in the first game?

3. And? :roll:

triCritical

Erudite
Lets hope there is more roleplaying oppurtunities, outside of combat, or at least allowing you to solve quest different ways.

edit: for the different classes.

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
XJEDX said:
1. Jolee was one of the best things about the game.

2. Wasn't Dantooine destroyed in the first game?

3. And? :roll:

1.Jolee was the worst, I was so happy when I killed him at the end, along with that blue girl and her wookie. Jolee was so god damn annoying always remembering hiso ld days, and boring people around with stories, and trying to make you come back on the right path. His alignement was Neutral but he should have been ranked Good.

2.Dunno, why?

3......?

geminito

Liturgist
If KOTOR2 uses the cartoon style of the Clone Wars cartoon series, that might make it more interesting. And if the combat was turn-based. And the maps weren't so small and... stupid. And the characters didn't bore the crap out of you.

Never mind, I don't think I'll be buying it no matter what they do.

taks

Liturgist
mebbe...

i heard kotor was actually excellent roleplaying... only two roles, however, and they ended up the same, but still...

oh, me too, cynical that is :)

taks

Spazmo

Erudite
1. I agree, Jolee was pretty neat. Surely a whole fucking lot better than Bastila McWhineybitch.

2. Well, they didn't have a freakin' Death Star back then, Jed. They massively bombarded the whole planet, sure, but actually blowing the whole thing up is a bit much.

3. LOLOL;OLIPOP; :roll:

Ausir

Arcane
Dantooine appears in SW films era, so it couldn't have been destroyed.

Jed

Cipher
Spazmo said:
1. I agree, Jolee was pretty neat. Surely a whole fucking lot better than Bastila McWhineybitch.

2. Well, they didn't have a freakin' Death Star back then, Jed. They massively bombarded the whole planet, sure, but actually blowing the whole thing up is a bit much.

3. LOLOL;OLIPOP; :roll:
1. And my god, she had to have been the ugliest female lead in any game I've played.

2. Are you sure? All the other technology is identicle despite the thousands of years between the epochs. Fuck Lucas; what a dipshit.

3. "LOLLERSKATES." Ha! Go Killzig.

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
geminito said:
If KOTOR2 uses the cartoon style of the Clone Wars cartoon series, that might make it more interesting. And if the combat was turn-based. And the maps weren't so small and... stupid. And the characters didn't bore the crap out of you.

Never mind, I don't think I'll be buying it no matter what they do.

Wow, are you stupid or something?

Spazmo

Erudite
XJEDX said:
2. Are you sure? All the other technology is identicle despite the thousands of years between the epochs. Fuck Lucas; what a dipshit.

Well, the Death Star was apparently a huge innovation. And then Luke Skywalker destroyed it. Who says the Rebel Alliance was progressive?

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll buy it if its revealed that HK-47 killed everyone ten seconds after the ending of the first game...

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
Barghest said:
No. He just hasn't been brainwashed into believing KOTOR is the best game EVAR.

Me? I'm weak.

I haven't either, but what's the problem with KOTOR's graphics? If there is anything to discuss it's the game content, story and the RTWP combats.

Jed

Cipher
Spazmo said:
Well, the Death Star was apparently a huge innovation. And then Luke Skywalker destroyed it. Who says the Rebel Alliance was progressive?
You know, funny you should say that, because David Brin wrote a pretty interesting article critiquing the Star Wars universe as retrogressive, romanticizing a return to feudalism over human progress.

Voss

Erudite
Actually, its pretty clear in the original films that it isn't progressive.
Its all about the return to the Old Republic, using the Old/Archaic/Ancient Religion (as it is referred to several times) as a vehicle.

That being said, you have to remember that despite the positive spin & implications of the word progress, neither old or new ways are inherently good or better.

Spazmo

Erudite
Let's assume just for a spooky parallel universe second that we were in any way affiliated with RPGDot and also had magical powers to "give" their Adventure game division "our" discussions on KotOR.

As long as a game bills itself as an RPG and/or has an even vaguely plausible claim to the genre--regardless of whether or not the game is a good RPG--we'll cover it. Helps if it's on PC, of course.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom