Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Where my Bubbles Gone?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
*retires over the inclusion of a single line in a review because of the misconception that the reviewer never played the game in question*

Prime Junta

*retires over the inclusion of a single line in a review because of the misconception that the reviewer never played the game in question*

There's almost always more to it than that. Straw, camel, back, that sort of thing. Perhaps somebody's been mean to him and this just pushed him over the edge. :(

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Crap what happened, have I missed drama?! Serves me well for spending more time irl :argh:

no but seriously what happened?

Prime Junta mentions AoD in his review while he didn't play it
Bubbles complains, leaks parts of the review and asks for removal of that part.
Infinitron says fuck off and the review gets published anyway.
Bubbles took it personally and announced his retirement.

That's all you can learn from the drama thread.

However, there is possibility that something mysterious was going on in the depths of the secret forum and private conversations that made him quit.

Last edited:
Perhaps somebody's been mean to him :(

I can't tell if you're being a dick or not.
aiee.gif

Bubbles was a great poster tho he did get a bit too serious when he started contributing to the site which should be lesson to everyone I think.

Prime Junta

no but seriously what happened?

I was asked for, and wrote a review of Tyranny. There was a line in it to which he objected. It didn't occur to him to mention it to me despite being in the PM thread about the review. Instead he pre-emptively published it on the front page with a clickbaity title, then deleted it. I got butthurt and announced that I'm quitting. Now he's gone MIA. In the interim it appears I have effectively retracted my self-ejection since somewhat to my surprise I'm still here.

No doubt the Inner Circle(tm) has more but that's about it AFAIK.

Prime Junta

I can't tell if you're being a dick or not.

Not intentionally. Not this time. I don't like it when people are mean to each other, and I certainly don't have anything against Bubbles other than this one incident which as far as I'm concerned is water under the bridge.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bubbles was a great poster tho he did get a bit too serious when he started contributing to the site which should be lesson to everyone I think.

Yeah, this. I am reading up on this now a bit and this is completely overblown. People should stop taking the codex so god damn serious, sure yeah it's a prestigious magazine and all that but it's the CODEX and in the end no one should let this affect themselves too much. Just... don't take this place, your "job" here and yourself in general too serious.

Sorry if this sounds mean, not supposed to ;)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't want to say anything bad about Bubbles. We're all flawed people, working for free for a video game site for no practical reason. I just hope he realizes in time that we're all better served if he returns to what made him great - producing excellent content and reviews. Everything else is a distraction.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't want to say anything "bad" either, but abusing the ability to post on the frontpage to belittle another user who also contributes to this site is a pretty.... un-nice move to say it mildly and more than a bit revealing.

But whatevs. I'm always fine with drama :3

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You have to be careful around goons and people with the goon mentality. A bit of a sadistic, authoritarian streak in 'em.

Not all goons of course. Josh Sawyer and CB aren't like that.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I privately asked Bee for my ejection on Monday and expect it to go through at some point in the near future. The decision has been well-considered, as far I can judge that myself. I do not plan to return to these forums in any capacity, and I think I'll be able to stick to that. I won't post about RPGs anywhere else, and I won't publish content anywhere else. I apologize to everybody I have hurt or offended.

My remaining Gamescom+GDC content will be delivered to Bee unless she objects. It will consist of pure transcripts, without any commentary. The commentary should be left to those who are still part of the site.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I privately asked Bee for my ejection on Monday and expect it to go through at some point in the near future. The decision has been well-considered, as far I can judge that myself. I do not plan to return to these forums in any capacity, and I think I'll be able to stick to that. I won't post about RPGs anywhere else, and I won't publish content anywhere else. I apologize to everybody I have hurt or offended.

My remaining Gamescom+GDC content will be delivered to Bee unless she objects. It will consist of pure transcripts, without any commentary. The commentary should be left to those who are still part of the site.

Come on man, that's needlessly extreme. If there are things on this forum that disturb you, then we can find a way to keep those things away from you and still let you do the stuff you're great at. Even if it means leaving the forum almost entirely - look at TNO, he came out of nowhere after years of absence and gave us a DX: MD review. That's good too. I mean, if you'd never had access to the Content forums and never saw what was behind the curtain, would any of this had happened? Find out what works for you and do it.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

aw damn. just wanna say, me and i am sure alot of people here are fucking damn grateful for your contribution. i might not be a part of this place for long, but it's still sad to see you go. personally i cannot do anything if that's your final decision.

so yeah, i hope you change your mind, but if not, i'll just say thank you. it is good you're a part of this place for quite long and have done so much for us. :cry::salute:

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire

Lad, aren't you taking this a bit too seriously? You make enjoyable content, no need to distil it with drama.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

:salute:

Live long and prosper.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom