Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Age of Decadence Spanish Translation Thread

Arch-Vile

Learned
Cazzeris and I have been working on this translation for over a year (with the help of some more folks), and now it's almost ready to be released, but first we need to be sure that everything works as it should. If any Spanish-speaking codexer is interested in testing the game in Spanish, here are the steps to follow for its correct installation:

Instrucciones para el Testeo BETA

Descarga las cuatro carpetas de la build (art, levels, core y scripts) y pégalas en el directorio donde se encuentra el ejecutable del juego AoD.exe.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B64WsLWmF4NjRUhVcWxIckFCTFU

Luego accede a \Documents\My Games\Age Of Decadence\prefs.cs y cambia:

$pref::ITS::Language = "english";

por

$pref::ITS::Language = "spanish";

Luego inicia el juego para probar.

We've already discovered that some stuff is currently impossible to translate (for example, the credits and the skill names which appear when your character receives training), but our testers did not experience any errors whatsoever.

Arch-Vile

Learned
Very interesting! as of now, I observe...

How much translated so far?

Everything has already been translated (dialogues, interface, items, ending slides, etc). We just need to test it before updating the game on Steam.

Some screenshots:

aeD1gtO.jpg

neDpwyL.jpg

6BcKuRp.jpg

RVXRaEp.jpg

Arch-Vile

Learned
Nossa!
So, since when you fellows have been working on it?

Makes me want to translate it to portuguese!

We started when the game was released, and it's taken us hundreds of hours of work. Take into account that Cazzeris and I translated about 95% of the files, while the Russian translation team consisted of more than 20 people.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Elhoim/Oscar was also involved in this spanish translation.
Big up still

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
So now, are you going to translate Dungeon Rats too? That would be great for Sunfire's project ;)

Arch-Vile

Learned
Would like to, but it all depends on how much time will I have in the future. I don't know much about Sunfire's project, though.

Arch-Vile

Learned
Released on Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/aod/announcements/detail/704082239826890542

La versión en Español ya está disponible
10 DE DICIEMBRE - ELHOIM
La versión en español de The Age of Decadence ya está disponible. Pueden cambiar el idioma en el menú Opciones (a través de la selección desplegable Idiomas). Esperamos que disfruten del juego. Si tienen alguna pregunta sobre el juego o su mecánica, por favor publíquelos en los foros de Steam o Iron Tower Studio y le responderemos con prontitud.

Queremos agradecer a la comunidad de juegos de habla hispana que hizo lo que creíamos imposible y tradujo 600.000 palabras de texto en el juego. Nos sentimos honrados y muy, muy agradecidos por su esfuerzo para llevar el juego a la gente que no sería capaz de jugar de otra manera. Su trabajo duro es un sello de aprobación y nos gustaría agradecer a todos los que fueron parte de ese proyecto. Esperamos que muchos jugadores de habla hispana tanto en el Nuevo y el Viejo Mundo que gustan de los RPG hardcore aprecien su esfuerzo.

---

The Spanish version is now available

The Spanish version of the Age of Decadence is now available. You can change the language in the Options menu (via the Languages drop-down selection). We hope you will enjoy the game. Should you have any questions about the game or its mechanics, please post them on the Steam or Iron Tower Studio forums and we'll reply promptly.

We'd like to thank the Spanish-speaking gaming community who did what we thought was impossible and translated 600,000 words of in-game text. We are humbled and very, very grateful for their effort to bring the game to people who wouldn’t be able to play it otherwise. Their hard work is a stamp of approval and we’d like to thank everyone who was a part of that project. We hope that many Spanish-speaking players both in the New and the Old World who like hardcore RPGs will appreciate their effort.

Dungeon Rats should follow Soon.

dogusy

Barely Literate
Cazzeris and I have been working on this translation for over a year (with the help of some more folks), and now it's almost ready to be released, but first we need to be sure that everything works as it should. If any Spanish-speaking codexer is interested in testing the game in Spanish, here are the steps to follow for its correct installation:

Descarga las cuatro carpetas de la build (art, levels, core y scripts) y pégalas en el directorio donde se encuentra el ejecutable del juego AoD.exe.

por

We've already discovered that some stuff is currently impossible to translate (for example, the credits and the skill names which appear when your character receives training), but our testers did not

por

We've already discovered that some stuff is currently impossible to translate (for example, the credits and the skill names which appear when your character receives training), but our testers did not experience any errors whatsoever.

experience any errors whatsoever.

por

I want to translate this game to my native language but I can not open dso files it gives error when I tried to open with editor(notepad++,visiual studio,c++editors)
then I see your translation and your files is cs file
my question is how did you transform dso files to cs file?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
dogusy
Sunfire who resides on IT forum is the translation guru, in case Arch-Vile won't be able to help, contact him (in fact you should contact him anyway, I'm sure he'll be able to help you in some way and make your work easier). AbounI is currently doing French translation AFAIK so you can contact him too.

Last edited:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Like Goral already said, you need to contact Sunfire first. His translation tools are very welcome : Passolo+Google drive works fine, specially for novice translator like myself.

Then, make sure to have LOTS of free-time. There are about 80k entries to translate, not to mention some graphic edition for the character screens and various panels (hello photoshop). So don't expect in can be done in a few months.
Are you alone for this project or will you have friends enough motivated to help you?

By the way, I would suggest you to first translate Dungeon Rats. Shorter is easier. But still, it would help a lot since the lore is the same, so items descs in exemple will be the same (at least most of them, for those who appear in both games). you'll also be able to re-use the same glossary (a must task).

As for AoD translation now, expect to find many "crossed part of text". I mean, same textual entries can be found in several files, so be warned if your goal is to obtain an homogeneous translation. Here, it's easy to miss them when too many translators are working seperatly. And with more than 700 files, you'll have to search for them often the further you will progress, each time you think you've already faced one part of text where you have a doubt. Which means you'll need a good knowledge of the structure of the files. But it's quite easy to guess where to search once you're used to. That's a rigorous task.
By the way, you can still rely on your own correctors for that, but better check them as early as possible.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom