Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock

SymbolicFrank

Magister
When it was announced, I immediately bought two collectors editions. Successor to System Shock 2!!!

When I finally got them, I couldn't play it. The copy protection crashed the game when I tried to crawl into Rapture at the very start.

When I tried to get help on the official forum, everyone told me I was an asshole, because that only happened to pirates, and how did I dare posting here? I broke and trashed one of the CEs because of the sheer frustration.

I got an email from a Russian, who helped me so I could play the game after more than two weeks.

And it was mostly "meh". Yes, interesting and nice to look at, but no SS3. I finished and forgot about it.

So, today I decided to reinstall it. And it complained that the application isn't compatible with the installed operating system. Which is bollucks: what they mean is that their copy protection is incompatible.

Bah! Fuck them! Again!

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I tried having sex with prostitute once. And it was mostly meh. Nice to look at, but not my ex. I finished and forgot about it.

Bah! Would not fuck them! Again!

Master

Arbiter
If anyone out there is interested theres this mod
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=1128.0

Its supposed to make the game harder and whatnot and theoretically force you to specialize. I tried it but it seemed like the same old shit to me. In the end it just made me want to play Doom 3 again. And to make it worse i was in such a rush to uninstall it that i deleted Blade of Darkness by mistake. Fuck this game.

tormund

Arcane
Making the game simply harder can actually just accent its shortcoming and thus make it worse, like Infinite with "oldskul" 1999 mode that was constantly hyped before its release. Increasing the enemy HP, decreasing weapon damage and making the resources more scarce isn't a way to fix Bioshock. It needs complete overhaul of its mechanics, and that will never happen.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I played Bioshock 1 then when I got to 2 the performance was just so fucking shit I gave up. I well exceded recommended settings for the game but it was unplayable. I got the remastered 2 for free on Steam because of owning 2 there, can anyone tell me if it actually runs any better?

Freddie

Savant
I played Bioshock 1 then when I got to 2 the performance was just so fucking shit I gave up. I well exceded recommended settings for the game but it was unplayable. I got the remastered 2 for free on Steam because of owning 2 there, can anyone tell me if it actually runs any better?
I just finished Bioshock 2 Remastered run. Impressions in What games you are wasting time on, see here and here.

Roderick

Savant
Don't even bother playing it. But it could be the basis for a decent movie

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom