Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Self-Ejected

Wilco

Self-Ejected
I like this one the most:
princess_stomper said:
I think I'd be suitably horrified if any 'kid' was playing Oblivion... Once you get your head around it being designed for 30-minute cocksucking blasts rather than marathon sessions, you'll see what everyone else sees in Oblivion i.e. it's excellent.

Top Hat

Scholar
Sometimes I think that when Bethesda uses the phrase "open-ended" to describe their games they are actually referencing the gigantic goatse they are secretly giving their customers.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I'm just read the 1st thread about TW there.

Wow, even the Place That Shall Not be Named seems to like it, what the hell
So this is what they call the Codex - didn't know that.

DraQ

Arcane
Oblivionites never fail to deliver LULz:

its pronounced cure-ass in-game. Personally i think its an american word, in england we would call it a Breastplate.

WhiskeyWolf said:

Rather logical when talking with another person who knows about the Codex.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
I'm in the 2nd thread about TW and there is one guy arguing that CRPG's don't need C&C :shock:

And, yet, they are role-playing games despite your wish that they were so, so obviously an cRPG does not need choice and consequence. QED.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
CRPG's don't need C&C, though. Unless you also count "If I choose to have a party of six fairy wizards I will suffer the consequences of the game being harder".

It's a nice addition, but it isn't required to make a game an RPG. Or maybe it is these days, but I wouldn't know. Back in the old days RPGs were just fine without.

afewhours

Scholar
SeraphLance said:
Fallout? "Hardcore"? If that word had any meaning to begin with beyond being a stupid buzzword, Fallout still wouldn't be it. If a game is hardcore, it's Rogue or Nethack. Calling Fallout hardcore is like calling Chrono Trigger hardcore.

This guy should post over here; he could discuss classic dungeon crawls with Jasede. The username's a bit odd though. Isn't a Seraphlance some kind of Final Fantasy weapon? It certainly sounds like one.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
afewhours said:
SeraphLance said:
Fallout? "Hardcore"? If that word had any meaning to begin with beyond being a stupid buzzword, Fallout still wouldn't be it. If a game is hardcore, it's Rogue or Nethack. Calling Fallout hardcore is like calling Chrono Trigger hardcore.

This guy should post over here; he could discuss classic dungeon crawls with Jasede. The username's a bit odd though. Isn't a Seraphlance some kind of Final Fantasy weapon? It certainly sounds like one.

It's an expression for "angel's penis".

Deleted member 7219

He seems like a Scientologist, judging by the quote in his signature.

WILL THE MADNESS NEVAR END

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
afewhours said:
SeraphLance said:

No-you're thinking Sephiroth, the most over-rated villan in FF ever.

Lingwe

Liturgist
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... pic=816093

Never gets old. My favourite is:

God of Water :- another argonian but a shining blue one this time. he is quite young and has followers like slaughter fish and mud crabs but he hates anvil for they go in HIS water he was put in prison for drowning anvil people. when he got out he swam and ran to anvil and made his home again now with an even bigger hatred for anivl how dare they imprison a demi-god or demi-deadra he now commands them to come under water and drown. he also now takes damadge out of the water because of being in prison so he has to make potions called water essence to stay on land.

WhiskeyWolf

Staff Member
Ahzaruuk said:
WhiskeyWolf said:

Guess that sorta makes us like Voldemort :P
I rather be Voldemort then that Pussy-Potter.

DraQ

Arcane
Lingwe said:
Never gets old. My favourite is:

God of Water :- another argonian but a shining blue one this time. he is quite young and has followers like slaughter fish and mud crabs but he hates anvil for they go in HIS water he was put in prison for drowning anvil people. when he got out he swam and ran to anvil and made his home again now with an even bigger hatred for anivl how dare they imprison a demi-god or demi-deadra he now commands them to come under water and drown. he also now takes damadge out of the water because of being in prison so he has to make potions called water essence to stay on land.
My brain! It broke my brain! :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom