Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nintendo's new console: the Switch (formerly NX)

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
C0EoAFTXAAEIEJu.jpg

Dead on arrival.

Perkel

Arcane
So in the end it will have worse hardware than Nvidia shield.
Still MH in 720p should be doable on it.

Or at least until 3DS emulation gets better.

WizardTim.jpg

"I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew didn't you?"

One or two Zeldas, a mainline Mario game and of course a cart racer. Some experimental games and a handful of competent third party titles. That'll be the library worth acknowledging. Can't even count on a guaranteed quality Harvest Moon. See you in three years when we do this again.

Mortmal

Arcane
WizardTim.jpg

"I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew didn't you?"

One or two Zeldas, a mainline Mario game and of course a cart racer. Some experimental games and a handful of competent third party titles. That'll be the library worth acknowledging. Can't even count on a guaranteed quality Harvest Moon. See you in three years when we do this again.

The WII U exclusive zelda is not even out yet and the console is on her death bed. It will be exactly the same thing for the switch unless it has something revolutionary like the wii mote was. I hope they dont expect us to buy this for a low res version of skyrim.Nintendo used to be low tech console with unique exclusive well crafted japanese games, now its just low tech with shitty western ports. Its like if they completely forgot we buy consoles to play games.

Tehdagah

Arcane
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/74745820

5+ posts in less than 10 minutes. if you have an account feel free to add fuel to the fire.
Interestingly, you seem to be the one having the biggest meltdown.

i know because i'm one of the fan they've lost trust. i love nintendo, and would still if they do the right thing, but they keep screwing up.

they still have s***ty online services, their deals are alot worse than PsStore/Xbox Marketplace/steam.

i've played nintendo games since the SNES era, and aside from early effort with some cool exclusives (which numbers are pathetically low compared to other console or PC exclusives) it's like nintendo wanted themselves to fail
bigshow2rh.jpg~c200

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

5+ posts in less than 10 minutes. if you have an account feel free to add fuel to the fire.

i know because i'm one of the fan they've lost trust. i love nintendo, and would still if they do the right thing, but they keep screwing up.

they still have s***ty online services, their deals are alot worse than PsStore/Xbox Marketplace/steam.

i've played nintendo games since the SNES era, and aside from early effort with some cool exclusives (which numbers are pathetically low compared to other console or PC exclusives) it's like nintendo wanted themselves to fail
bigshow2rh.jpg~c200
thats callee a bait buddy

DramaticPopcorn

bigshow2rh.jpg~c200
thats callee a bait buddy
Deflection

J1M

Arcane
I'm amazed they wouldn't have a 1080p screen in the handheld. They must have signed the display supplier contract 5 years ago.
They're cutting every corner possible to get more than 2 hours of battery life out of an Nvidia Shield. See also the 15 fps on Zelda when it's undocked.

it was clearly running at 30.
And that's good enough since the human eye can't see any higher than that.
Looks like someone started campaigning early for their 2017 retardo tag.

J1M

Arcane
If they made and marketed this as a console specialized in playing 2D games I'd buy it.

That's the only way I'd buy it.

I'm amazed they wouldn't have a 1080p screen in the handheld. They must have signed the display supplier contract 5 years ago.
They're cutting every corner possible to get more than 2 hours of battery life out of an Nvidia Shield. See also the 15 fps on Zelda when it's undocked.

it was clearly running at 30.
And that's good enough since the human eye can't see any higher than that.
Looks like someone started campaigning early for their 2017 retardo tag.
You mean shitposter tag, because it's fucking clear that he was being facetious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom