Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 13: Temporary Subtitle

sqeecoo

Arcane
Is there such a thing as self-butthurt Anhur? I'm not sure your rating makes sense.

Zibniyat

Arcane
My rating makes sense because whether I'm butthurt or not (and I've already stated that I am) has little to do with whether you're butthurt also (and it's obvious you are).

sqeecoo

Arcane
Wait, hold on. What is the definition of butthurt? I thought it meant something like being unjustifiably salty/sulky/angry towards your opponents about loosing or somesuch. Ragequitting a game/conversation being a perfect example. I'm angry at my own dumb mistake but not at anyone else, and not sulky or anything. Does that still qualify as butthurt? I'm genuinely interested.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Ragequitting a game? Never done that. I've always played till my last man standing or until I just get bored wasting my effort "stalling" my enemies' advancement (which is not the case in this game, here I love it). Ragequitting a conversation? Never done that as well. Just because I rarely use smilies, have "serious" tone in my messages, and don't like wasting effort on meaningless "deals" you've offered in no way implies I "ragequitted" anything.

This is only a fucking game. I have "serious" tone because that is who I am, not because the situation is oh so butthurt-inducing. Etc. Don't feel like giving more explanations to already unneeded and useless one given right now.

sqeecoo

Arcane
No no bro, I'm not calling you butthurt at all (never said that), I'm trying to understand what the word means to most people and whether it can be applied to people mad at their own mistakes.

(I love pointless conversations :D )

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You are butthurt when someone f*cked you in the rear and you are upset about it. Metaphorically speaking. Usually.
In this case, you did that yourself.
Hence you are butthurt.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Butthurt means that your butt is hurt (this is a joke). Whether someone hit you in the butt, or - as in your example - you kicked yourself (quite a feat if I may say...), or both (which is the reality here), is of secondary importance. The important thing is that you feel some anger because things haven't played according to your wishes - towards yourself or others, it does not matter.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I see, thank you. I will bow to the majority opinion, of course, but I always saw butthurt as having an active social component. Being sulky or angry towards someone else, stopping talking to them or such. Unfortunately, it's very hard to stop talking to yourself or shun your own company.

Harpsichord

Arcane
I played the turn but forgot to send it, god fucking dammit.
my8TWcF.jpg

sqeecoo

Arcane
Sorry guys, I went for a small trip and though I would be able to play a turn on the road with no extensions, but I just haven't found the time. I apologize, I'll be back tomorrow and do it then fo sho.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'm very very sorry, I've only just arrived and I'm too tired to play/type rationally, I'll have to push it off to tomorrow. I truly apologize bros.

Eadee

Scholar
Playing rationally is overrated. Get some sleep, then get drunk, then play your turn. :smug:

profreshinal

Arcane
Bandar Log's ministry of truth has revealed the new top in academic excellence.

25f0lkh.jpg

Ulm and Mictlan have serious research advantages. Yawzors.

The ministry also warns everyone to be carfeull of the sea-jews.

Zibniyat

Arcane
R'lyeh should be set to AI or another sub found. Letting others just easily pick appart R'lyeh ruins the balance of powers. Why do I care? I don't, but I can never watch such sleazy injustice being committed!

mondblut

Arcane
What is that R'Lyeh ancient kraken parked atop Pelagian capital since forever? Is R'Lyeh about to have the entire UW for itself all while stalling non-stop?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Can I get a 24hr extension plz thanks. Holiday travel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom