Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's solo Baldur's Gate 2 on Insane (feat. The Codex)

Jenkins

Barely Literate
Hey, I've been lurking this thread for five years already, and I just registered to tell you two things:
-You are a serious competitor to Ted Mosby regarding telling stories.
-While The Codex gained all those levels and killed all those monsters (and died at their hands, too :cool:), I got a PhD.

Now seriously, thanks a lot for this LP, it has been the most enjoyable I've read by far. When I think about the amount of time it must have taken you while you surely had other important things to do, it makes it even more impressive. Thanks a lot for your dedication man! Respect!:salute:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, bros.

Dropbox is dropping* public folder support in March, meaning we might need a different image hosting solution for the LP (they do have some replacement to share files, but I have not figured out how to make it work yet). If you know of any alternatives that keep filenames intact (fuck you, imgur) and, ideally, have generous bandwidth limits (fuck you, photobucket), I will appreciate if you let me know.

*dropping, GET IT!? - that's funny 'cause it's DROP box

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I'm trying to PDF shit out of both LPs but most tools (browsers plugins mostly due Show Spoiler buttons, they're so nice they open these buttons for us when convertion happen) easily give up. One to convert them to printer-friendly format and another to PDF them for real. Need more coffee and hot chocolate.

Hey, bros.
Dropbox is dropping* public folder support in March, meaning we might need a different image hosting solution for the LP (they do have some replacement to share files, but I have not figured out how to make it work yet). If you know of any alternatives that keep filenames intact (fuck you, imgur) and, ideally, have generous bandwidth limits (fuck you, photobucket), I will appreciate if you let me know.
*dropping, GET IT!? - that's funny 'cause it's DROP box

One one I can think of is Flickr from yahoo (didn't know yahoo was owner of infamous tumblr, the more you know...)
1 TB of free space, names intact.
I tried to use it but interface was too complicated (more like I was too dumb to use anything more that "drag'n'drop" system, shame on me).
Felipepepe use it for his book and even bought PRO version, but even basic one shoud be sufficient.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
At one point I remember thinking, in honour of MicoSelva I will play a tribute playthrough of solo Insane FMT. That's a couple years ago now, but hey, now the LP's done, seems like the time.

I could LP it, but it's not interesting unless I change enough parameters - I could do SCS/Core instead of Insane, etc., though after more than a dozen SCS plays I might actually enjoy a vanilla run. Maybe an Ironman party SCS/Core run where dead party members are constantly replenished by Codexers?

BG1 original can be set up on my new Win10 laptop pretty well, actually, after a few tweaks. The walking speeds are a real pain, though.

v4HVpRX.png

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
BG1 original can be set up on my new Win10 laptop pretty well, actually, after a few tweaks. The walking speeds are a real pain, though.
Are walking speeds too slow for you, when you set Frames per second to 60 in Baldur.ini? How fast would you want them to be?

Good luck with your playthrough, drop a link to the thread if you decide to LP it. :)

Wayward Son

In honor of this, I started BG1 solo as a F/T. I am currently waiting for Sirine's feeblemind and confusion to wear off . Good times.

Jason Liang

Arcane

Wayward Son

My "In honor of this LP BG run" has ended. My Elvish F/T has defeated Sarevok. On to BG2

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom