Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
612A19FA1BFE900C700B42D51499993F1DBF49D0

021B0815EBB9C8F1B3DC641F83C67358A4A10666

6F3310EE6D175CC79646D0572491C2CA388D84EB

20002C9A366C52A5A456A7864EF20A0549CCF42D
2F0262E5481FC377DFFCAFE5EC8F27F498D5BE9E

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was expecting a Duke 3D, Shadow Warrior or Blood kinda of FPS.

The titles that you have mentioned still had the episode formula, so you are looking at bad direction. You have entire plot given to you in small pieces. The turret section takes something like 5 minutes to beat, it's just a tiny portion of the game so I don't understand making a big fuss about it. The bank heist was in the demo to help sell the game so I understand Ritual's approach. Since you are in the beginning of the game don't expect to be tossed into a giant pit from the start.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
9-ihLUa6OaV4J19.jpg

it sux fuckin ballz, until modern western europe happen, and NPCs start mocking your ye olde English

Running Naked in the Forest
IrBFAxE.jpg

I did not played Gothic in years, let's see what wonders awaits me
RRy7Rpz.jpg

ER5126d.jpg

:hmmm:
IM1HDjJ.jpg

ikHQ9fY.jpg

CL7W3dJ.jpg

k0OZZxZ.jpg

DO NOT FUCK WITH SCAVENGERS
Gothic2%202013-08-08%2023-01-08-99.jpg

AEOH8MP.jpg

n8ZE2hd.jpg

WOAH
23obeC0.jpg

qhHF7EF.jpg

this Returning 2.0 one sounds cool, and it's in english, groovy
oZh6wbV.jpg

around black
watch your back
he did not and got whack

bonus
Return to Castle Schwartzwurst
Bvcdqbb.jpg

either parachute did wonder or dunno
UEDkhSS.jpg

perfect barricade
bKOwcZK.jpg

fission moplete
not much saved
whatever
IGQjjXY.jpg

that's all for now

yet another bonus - exclusive screenshot from Diablo - The Hell 2, I broke NDA to get that one

Last edited:

Jazz_

Arcane
do people still play this online? yep. mostly with shitty no rules games.

Unfavorable uphill battle.

G3G01Zv.jpg

cavalry reconnaissance of my ally's army

FAaWNtj.jpg

helping my ally with my shit greek cavalry, ally gets wrecked shortly after

GYgfcyn.jpg

YOLO charge uphill

iqYSm1J.jpg

YODO

Z4SQKe9.jpg

A horse of course

I like how the IQ in a 2004 game looks much sharper than that of Warhammer: TW in 2016.

Fuck postprocessing.

Melcar

Arcane
do people still play this online? yep. mostly with shitty no rules games.

Unfavorable uphill battle.

G3G01Zv.jpg

cavalry reconnaissance of my ally's army

FAaWNtj.jpg

helping my ally with my shit greek cavalry, ally gets wrecked shortly after

GYgfcyn.jpg

YOLO charge uphill

iqYSm1J.jpg

YODO

Z4SQKe9.jpg

I bought the Steam version because my original install disc are unreadable now. Performance was atrocious despite having a PC 10x faster than when I first played the game. Refunded the game right away. Shame Feral did not port this one too.

Wished they had a Linux client for it.

Jazz_

Arcane
I bought the Steam version because my original install disc are unreadable now. Performance was atrocious despite having a PC 10x faster than when I first played the game. Refunded the game right away. Shame Feral did not port this one too.

Luckily I don't have any problem running it (well except if I use heavy mods like Roma Surrectum 2 and crank the unit size to the max, it makes RTW1 look like this: http://i40.tinypic.com/ibb385.jpg), but the problem with RTW1 is that the game can only utilize 1 core, so multicore processors can have problems running it. I remember reading a solution some time ago if you are interested: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/3xs8gn/just_found_out_how_to_greatly_improve_performance/

If you crave some ancient roman warfare there is also EBII which is a total conversion of MTW2 and it's pretty dope. Well, there is also RTW2 but that one blows cocks.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Not really, but it is improving. There are a lot of design flaws throughout so it might never reach its potential.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Gray matter is a pretty cool adventure game, a bit too girly emo and had a somewhat anticlimatic ending but still better than the vast majority for what passes for adventure games these days. Ohh, on a better world Jane Jensen would keep making games.:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom