Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Fallout 3 IS Oblivion with Guns

Herbert West

Arbiter
Ooh... no, NO! Is it really Oblivion with guns?? NO! It won't have spears then! I want my fuking spears beth!1

Shoelip

Arbiter
fastpunk said:
Saint_Proverbius said:
Feral ghouls were hit with so much radiation that they basically devolved into zombies. Some of them glow.
- OXM April 2008

Then why do they still wear pants?

Because of the ESRB? Imagine the scandal if zombie cocks got into the final game... and they'd be glowing.

Oblivion zombies didn't have pants. They just had a gory hole in their crotch. Which is apparently perfectly Teen rated. Unlike nipples.

Top Hat

Scholar
Shoelip, after a quick glance at your post, I was wondering where the hell Bethesda was going with this game. Then I realized the word was "gory", and now I'm still wondering where the hell Bethesda is going with this game.

She pointed to the security guards and said "You need to shut up"

Why why WHY didn't he take his wife's advice?

Actually, that's a thought. How about tipping off the Department of Homeland Security to Bethesda's "game" about the effects of a nuclear bomb going off in D.C.?

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I predicted a year ago that Fallout 3 will be full of misplaced, awkward attempts at humor. The Charisma screen confirms it.

My other prediction was that Bethesda will implement 3-headed brahmin as a totally hilarious inside joke.

:|

We'll see if that comes true as well.

slipgate_angel

Scholar
kingcomrade said:
4chanFallout3.jpg

I can see why people hate 4chan now. Do ALL of the people that are looking foward to the game act like that? Because that's just plain wrong.

Lurkar

Scholar
slipgate_angel said:
kingcomrade said:

I can see why people hate 4chan now. Do ALL of the people that are looking foward to the game act like that? Because that's just plain wrong.

Meh, it's /v/. It exists in a state of hating and constantly trolling itself.

roshan

Arcane
Jeff Graw said:
Fallout also had huge unrealistic amounts of gore, but when F3 does it we shit a brick? Come on, you guys are *failing* at making fun of *Fallout 3*. Do you know how sad that is?

Fallout 1/2 had artistic gore sequences. The gore in F2 is based on exploding body parts which is lame.

myne88

Novice
I believe the death sequences in Fallout were really inspired by Crusader. Just sayin'

This reminds me of a magazine (Gamepro I think) which listed Fallout 3 in their "upcoming shooters" preview article, denoting that the game contained an "RPG twist." :shock:

I'm trying to keep an open mind about the game until it actually comes out, but it sure is getting harder.

Texas Red

Whiner
slipgate_angel said:
Also, at first, I too didn't like the zombie, but then again most of the ghouls in the game were hostal.

You should replace "most" with "none". Unless, of course, you do something, like destroy their reactor or steal the water chip. Ghouls were just like every other NPC. Mindless, "hostal" ghouls is the invention of Bethesda(obviously).

MetalCraze

Arcane
I reposted that quote by Todd on a forum with the high concentration of oblibians fanboys incl. moderator. I wonder if I'm banned now

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Black said:
POOPERSCOOPER said:
Locue said:
Lumpy said:
Locue said:
TheLostOne said:
Also:
"And it was here in this blighted land that he learned to live again." Isn't this a direct quote from Mad Max?

I could be wrong, havent seen them in a while.
They switched "place" with "land", but other than that its a direct MM2 rip! I'd be angry but I'm just not that surprised. :roll:

Edit: "And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again."
:roll:
It's not that fucking hard to figure out. They had a picture where the Vault Dweller walks into the sunset. The magazine thought the picture looked like Mad Max and decided to reference it in the pic comment. But OMG BETHESDA ARE RIPOFFERS.
Well, geez, Lumpy. I hadn't read the damn magazine before I wrote my reply. Don't you roll your eyes on me, Squall! My bad but I'm still not all that crazy about it, y'know.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You make us Fallout fans look bad, you have to be smarter than this. It's pretty fuckin obivous that the magazine wrote it, have you ever read a magazine before?
What he said.
My, oh my, r00fles and other such utterances!

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The Walkin' Dude said:
slipgate_angel said:
Also, at first, I too didn't like the zombie, but then again most of the ghouls in the game were hostal.

You should replace "most" with "none". Unless, of course, you do something, like destroy their reactor or steal the water chip. Ghouls were just like every other NPC. Mindless, "hostal" ghouls is the invention of Bethesda(obviously).

no, that's untrue fallout sequel :)))

DraQ

Arcane
The Walkin' Dude said:
slipgate_angel said:

There was a lot of hostile ghouls above the ground in Necropolis, IIRC. Of course there were many more not trying to rip your entrails out and willing to talk with you.

Ausir

Arcane
And there were hostile "ghoul crazies" and "mindless ghouls" in random encounters.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
slipgate_angel said:

Actually, you'd be surprised how many communities just go into circle-jerk mode whenever Fallout 3 news surfaces, and start immediately flaming NMA whenever Fallout comes up. I think the more prominent ones that do this are Something Awful, Through the Looking Glass, Quarter to Three and NeoGAF (these are, by the way, also all forums Bethesda devs like to frequent, 'cept maybe TTLL. Good going, Bethesda, avoid critical voices, and go and sit with people that are fighting over the right to suck your cock).

Most other communities are of more mixed sort. Other than a few (mostly console) forum communities where users don't seem to be able to get beyond one sentence per post, most other forums have people pointing out both negatives and positives whenever new info comes out.

I once made a thoughtful, relatively intelligent (for Digg) post on Digg about my concerns for Fallout 3 and the areas in which it seemed like it may fail as a Fallout game, an RPG, and simply a game in general.
I got -30 Diggs, but I don't think anyone actually replied. It was kind of fun to watch.

Zeros

Novice
Brother None said:
I think the more prominent ones that do this are Something Awful, Through the Looking Glass, Quarter to Three and NeoGAF (these are, by the way, also all forums Bethesda devs like to frequent, 'cept maybe TTLL.

Somethingawful? Really? I thought they were "better" than that. Sure, things might get a little extreme -though fun- here, but shit on me if bethesda doesn't deserve it.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
SomethingAwful has always had a psuedo-bad boy, jaded gamer rep, but when a dev shows up.. Well, their user base flings themselves lips first at said developer's crotch. Any angsty rebel schtick cred goes out the window the second their faces meet foreskin. That's why devs post there, it's a place they can get a quickie from teenage boys without Dateline showing up.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
that interview said:
And that's the final piece of gear you'll need to pack before your vacation at the end of the world: a wicked sense of humor. "It's so depressing that you have to see the humor in it," says Pagliarulo. "If not, you'll lose your mind or slit your wrists. Part of your brain refuses to admit it will ever happen, so you have to look at it and laugh. The dark humor of talking to an old lady who's really nice to you, and then blow her head off, put her head on a counter, and pretend to talk to her...there's a certain charm to that."

I get the certain urge to shoot someone in the crotch [which is removed from FO3, maybe because that could be rated as sexual content] now, preferably Todd.

No, really, how can they be that stupid? Okay, I could imagine such a scene being fun... in a game like Planescape Torment, where there's some actual thought behind the situation and good dialogue with it. But we know that won't happen with Bethesda, so it's just fucking dumb. Dumb as in "Lol let's include some outrageous violence scenes in the game, so the teenie kiddies will buy it!"

Also: "The dark humor of talking to an old lady who's really nice to you, and then blow her head off, put her head on a counter, and pretend to talk to her...there's a certain charm to that."

Pretend... yes, indeed! Pretend, this is what role-playing is all about, isn't it? I wonder if you can roleplay an executioner in Fallout 3!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
They need a Dev-inspired NPC self insertion in-game to make it complete. Rub it in yer facez, coz F3 is 2008's RPG OF THE YEAR IMO

Herbert West

Arbiter
JarlFrank said:
I get the certain urge to shoot someone in the crotch [which is removed from FO3, maybe because that could be rated as sexual content] now, preferably Todd.

No, that's not it. The graphix are so awsum that if you shoot someone in the crotch his dick would fly 100 meters into the air, spewing blood on everyone close by. That would be sexual content and I'm sure some people would find it to their liking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom