Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's get a giant troll statue into a beautifully desolate adventure game!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Beautiful Desolation; Bubbles; Kickstarter

The guys that did STASIS are doing another adventure game thing on KickStarter. Read the details here.

We're hoping there's enough Codexian interest over the next 16 days to meet the Community tier goal:

Pledge $2,199 or more

COMMUNITY EDITION

This tier is specially for game sites or groups that want to feature in DESOLATION and does not include previous rewards.

We will provide you with 25 game keys for your community (beta enabled).

We will also dedicated an entire game area to your community and in this area we will erect a sculpture of your choice. You will send us a reference image (within reason) of your logo or a symbol of your choosing. This area will feature a plaque with your dedication on it - it will include 50 members names as well as a phrase of your choosing.

We will integrate this sculpture into the game scenery and build a legend around it.​​​

As always, there'll be a special campaign tag and we'll chuck in some potato too so you can go ad-free and such.

Donate to our campaign! We've confirmed that every donation of $19 or more will receive a game key.

----

In other fundraising news, our recent Bubbles In Memoria campaign has concluded, with all $503.60 USD being sent to Bubbles - so that he learns to take decent pictures from now on:

15444.png

No doubt our coverage of the next games-whatever will be even more awesome as a result!

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Moar details plox. Like of the 25 keys are they raffled out to whoever backs it? I was going to do it through their kickstarer, but if I can get another pointless forum badge ofc I'll do it through the dex.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
"Next gamescon"? Does it mean Bubbles will attend next events on behalf of the codex and make reports, despite having abandoned us like used goods?

Or was this an assumption/wishful thinking?

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I am shocked and literally shaking because of this suggestion of using Mexican child labor.
Clearly it would be for Bubbles' best interest to use Venezuelan child labor since it could be purchased for the affordable price of a single roll of toilet paper.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Moar details plox. Like of the 25 keys are they raffled out to whoever backs it? I was going to do it through their kickstarer, but if I can get another pointless forum badge ofc I'll do it through the dex.
It would be nice if we could guarantee keys for people who donate a certain amount, but at this stage, the 25 keys will go to the top 25 donors.

"Next gamescon"? Does it mean Bubbles will attend next events on behalf of the codex and make reports, despite having abandoned us like used goods?

Or was this an assumption/wishful thinking?
One never truly leaves the Codex.

Turok

Erudite
I am shocked and literally shaking because of this suggestion of using Mexican child labor.
Clearly it would be for Bubbles' best interest to use Venezuelan child labor since it could be purchased for the affordable price of a single roll of toilet paper.

I am from Venezuela... i live in Venezuela and i don't like the mexican either your Venezuelan Joke,

and is false about the toilet paper, even if you pay $100 to the child either way he can't buy it because there is no toilet papers on the supermarkets.

Yes my english sux i know.

Jason

chasing a bee
In other fundraising news, our recent Bubbles In Memoria campaign has concluded, with all $503.60 USD being sent to Bubbles - so that he learns to take decent pictures from now on
Wait, you had a fundraiser to buy some asshole a $500 camera? I wander off for a bit and the Codex turns into a charitable organization for misfit children. Jesus fucking Christ. Ok then, how about a fundraiser to score me a sheet of acid and send me off to spend the day at inXile or Obsidian. I'm sure I could talk some of the developers to dose with me and then maybe go to the Santa Ana Zoo or Knott's Berry Farm (Disneyland is too expensive these days) or Fullerton Arboretum or Long Beach Aquarium to wander around and attempt some interviews in the process. And if we raise enough money, we can tempt them with a coked up shopping trip at the snazzy Southcoast Plaza Mall then hit them with the interviews.

Lexxx20

Learned
In other fundraising news, our recent Bubbles In Memoria campaign has concluded, with all $503.60 USD being sent to Bubbles - so that he learns to take decent pictures from now on
Wait, you had a fundraiser to buy some asshole a $500 camera? I wander off for a bit and the Codex turns into a charitable organization for misfit children. Jesus fucking Christ. Ok then, how about a fundraiser to score me a sheet of acid and send me off to spend the day at inXile or Obsidian. I'm sure I could talk some of the developers to dose with me and then maybe go to the Santa Ana Zoo or Knott's Berry Farm (Disneyland is too expensive these days) or Fullerton Arboretum or Long Beach Aquarium to wander around and attempt some interviews in the process. And if we raise enough money, we can tempt them with a coked up shopping trip at the snazzy Southcoast Plaza Mall then hit them with the interviews.
Well, he kinda wanted to leave because of some Internet drama issue so that was Codex's attempt to bring him back to our caring red clawed arms. I don't know if it worked though.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Wait, you had a fundraiser to buy some asshole a $500 camera?
Technically, it'd probably be a $250 camera. I'm assuming photography lessons will be a couple of hundred and a tripod Mexican would cost about $50.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Technically, it'd probably be a $250 camera. I'm assuming photography lessons will be a couple of hundred and a tripod Mexican would cost about $50.

Point camera at subject - press button. $250 please. I'm all out of Mexicans, but we have an upstart Venezuelan in this thread who may have children. I know Venezuela is actually in Brazil rather than Mexico, but it's close enough.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
When did this game become an RPG?

Anyhow, considering I wasted money on backed WL3 and got a copy of Stasis for doing so (I tell myself I bought Stasis and some of the money went to WL3, so I don't get too many regrets) I suppose I should back this too...

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
What happens if we don't make the goal? Is there a backup plan, other than point-and-laugh-while-sipping-martinis-Fosters? I should probably have asked that before handing over my money.

Prime Junta

I give photography lessons. I'll tutor Bubbles for free. Also have a shitty old tripod Mexican I don't use anymore, he can have it for free. :M

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There should be more adventure in RPGs. Also, I'm psychic, and I'm sure the nonbackers will end up losing their souls. Trust me, you don't want to lose your soul.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom