Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
First Parkan game is now on Steam:

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Conclave is an online RPG with the story and turn-based combat of a classic fantasy tabletop campaign. It supports both solo play and co-op parties of up to four players, who can adventure together in real time or take turns separately at their leisure.

The game is set in and around the lands of the Conclave, last refuge of the Kin. Its story begins with the unexpected return of a long-vanished Dreamcaller and leads to the discovery of an ageless secret locked within the heart of the Conclave itself.

• Play a campaign of 25 interconnected adventures that combine combat encounters with story decisions.
  • In combat, take advantage of your abilities and the special qualities of each encounter's battlemap to defeat your foes.
  • During story decisions, choose from options unlocked by your skills, traits, and previous decisions. Your choices influence your path through the story, the encounters you face, and the resources you can draw upon to defeat them.
  • As you gain renown, the Conclave shares better equipment to complement the special items you discover on your adventures. No scrounging for useless items to resell.
  • Five archetypes support a variety of play styles: Vanguard, Beacon, Rogue, True Bow, and Runecaster.
  • Five playable races, all unique to the game's setting: Trow, Nix, Mezoar, Lumyn, and Forgeborn.
  • Not near your desktop? Log in and play through a browser at playconclave.com.

Conclave is the work of the two-person team of 10x10 Room, with additional artistic and musical contributions from Chris Rahn, Devin Night, Christina Roberts, and Sam Hulick.

Seems p. cool. I'd buy it but I'm swamped with other games for now.

Mustawd

Thanks. Buying this.

EDIT: Scratch that. You can only control one party member? Wtf kind of design decision is that?

I don't generally like mp games, and its a shame there's no full party control in this (at least if I'm reading the reviews correctly). What a waste.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Thanks. Buying this.

EDIT: Scratch that. You can only control one party member? Wtf kind of design decision is that?

I don't generally like mp games, and its a shame there's no full party control in this (at least if I'm reading the reviews correctly). What a waste.

Sounds disappointing. Having it being MP is a nice feature, but kinda retarded if you have to play it online if you want to play with a party. Makes no sense to not have both features in.

Mustawd

Originally posted by FroBodine:
Do you have any plans to make it [single player party control]?

Not firm plans, no. It's something we'd like to support, but right now we don't know when or if we'll be able to. It's competing with a lot of other priorities, and the two of us have pretty significant time constraints.

The main reason we haven't done it is that it's more complicated than it might sound. Most of the work is in the user interface: defining a way for you to select a character to act during combat, making sure story decisions don't ask you to vote for each character you control, that sort of thing. There are also some special cases we'd need to design around. For example, would two players be able to team up and control two characters each? Could one control three and the other just one?

It's mostly a matter of having a large enough block of time for us to design how this would fit into the rest of the game without causing bugs or confusion with the multiplayer style of play.

Do the devs truly think there's a market for MP only for this type of game? I'm really fucking surprised.

I put in my 2 cents worth, and at least they're looking into it. If they do implement it then I'll probably buy.

Fair enough! We've strived to make single player a good experience, but we certainly understand wanting the tactical interplay that happens when you've got multiple characters. We'll keep you posted if we're able to support one player controlling a full party.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DramaticPopcorn steamspy shows 2.300.000 owners for Undertale, at 10 bucks each that's 23 million. Gaben takes 7 million out of that, plus the game was on sale at 5$ a couple of times, so that leaves it roughly at 10 million. Don't know how much it cost to make, but I suspect it wasn't a whole lot.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The four horsemen of the apocalypse.

tumblr_inline_okmqhlypzJ1qkv52g_400.png

Last edited:

Kraszu

Prophet
Damn Ignition is fun but that game never felt finished to me, 7 tracks is just pitiful.

Is that game any good? There is shitload of contradicting opinions about it, and complains about DLC.

Don Peste

Arcane
Payday 1 was a fun new co-op game. So Payday 2 was promising: More of everything. But grinding, DLCs, cheaters... make it quite disappointing for me. It can be fun if you are playing it for the first time. But only if you can play with people you know (aka friends).

Latelistener

Arcane
Is that game any good?
They slowly but surely turned the game into a fucking circus, with tons of DLCs, weird characters and weapons (bows, swords, spears, etc.), and probably due to some struggle in the studio, a few important people left Overkill.

Despite the online, right now the game is pretty much dead, because the audience that is playing it is brain dead. I remember some time ago they were asking Overkill to add anime characters.

You still can get some fun out of it, if you have friends you can play with, but don't expect anything good in the future.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Another Interplay re-release is coming:

ss_7a5ead324dcea7abef4514d8fb4facca8c66561d.600x338.jpg

I bought it in GOG, it has a breaking bug where cars start exploding nonstop. There's a fix in the forum, but that's not what you'd want from a new release. I hope they do the GOG Connect thing because I don't want to rebuy it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom