Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

J1M

Arcane
Please move the terrible fan fiction discussion to an appropriate thread. This one is for lowering our expectations for Andromeda.

Freddie

Savant
Please move the terrible fan fiction discussion to an appropriate thread. This one is for lowering our expectations for Andromeda.
Hey you autistic bigot. There are few people having fun killing time, so post some news of Andromeda to discuss of or fuck off.

Freddie

Savant
Hey you autistic bigot. There are few people having fun killing time, so post some news of Andromeda to discuss of or fuck off.
Thanks for rewording my post. :lol:
Feel we got common ground eh? That's nice. It sometimes happens when people converse, not everyone have any idea what's actually being discussed so not everyone is actually having a same conversation but such is life.

donkeymong

Scholar
Good thing she went to riotgames after 2 and the Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer became halfway decent.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effe...e-dialogue-system-replacing-paragon-renegade/

Mass Effect: Andromeda director Mac Walters explains the dialogue system replacing Paragon / Renegade

Mass Effect's Paragon vs Renegade morality system was one of the series' hallmarks - a way of defining your character that felt entertaining rather than uninspired. But it won't be a part of BioWare's next adventure amongst the stars. Speaking with Official Xbox Magazine, Mass Effect: Andromeda creative director Mac Walters explained why:

"So, Paragon and Renegade is gone. The reason they’re gone is because they felt very Shepard – they were very tied to the Shepard character, so they didn’t really make sense if we weren’t going to have Shepard as our protagonist," Walters said.

"What we have now is based more around agreeing and disagreeing. The reason I like that is because in the trilogy it’s like, 'I’m gonna play Paragon,' and then you know which way you’re moving the stick on every conversation. You don’t have to think about it, because you’re just going to hit Paragon every time."

I don't know about you all, but personally, I can definitely relate to that. When playing through Mass Effect 1 - 3, I usually held the thumbstick up and to the right, ready to select whatever the Paragon option was. I didn't really pay attention to what I was saying, just that it was the "right" thing to say.

Walters continued: "With agree and disagree it changes by the circumstance and it changes by the character you’re talking to, so you have to actually be more engaged in what’s going on, to know if you’re going to do that."

Walters also said that you and other characters will be able to respond in specific tones of voice. "We’ve added in four tones and we’ll talk a little more in the future, but they basically allow other types of characters to express them[selves] in one of four different ways, and sometimes one of two different ways. And I think that gets back to that more traditional role-playing sort of feeling which is less about 'Do I want to be good or bad,' and more about 'How do I want to express myself?'"

Andromeda's trailers and gameplay videos so far have focused a lot on combat and exploration. And that's fine! But for me, the draw of the ME series was always its characters and story. If these new dialogue systems help flesh those out, maybe we won't even miss choosing whether or not to push that jerk out of a window.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
http://www.gamesradar.com/mass-effe...e-dialogue-system-replacing-paragon-renegade/

Mass Effect: Andromeda director Mac Walters explains the dialogue system replacing Paragon / Renegade

Mass Effect's Paragon vs Renegade morality system was one of the series' hallmarks - a way of defining your character that felt entertaining rather than uninspired. But it won't be a part of BioWare's next adventure amongst the stars. Speaking with Official Xbox Magazine, Mass Effect: Andromeda creative director Mac Walters explained why:

"So, Paragon and Renegade is gone. The reason they’re gone is because they felt very Shepard – they were very tied to the Shepard character, so they didn’t really make sense if we weren’t going to have Shepard as our protagonist," Walters said.

"What we have now is based more around agreeing and disagreeing. The reason I like that is because in the trilogy it’s like, 'I’m gonna play Paragon,' and then you know which way you’re moving the stick on every conversation. You don’t have to think about it, because you’re just going to hit Paragon every time."

I don't know about you all, but personally, I can definitely relate to that. When playing through Mass Effect 1 - 3, I usually held the thumbstick up and to the right, ready to select whatever the Paragon option was. I didn't really pay attention to what I was saying, just that it was the "right" thing to say.

Walters continued: "With agree and disagree it changes by the circumstance and it changes by the character you’re talking to, so you have to actually be more engaged in what’s going on, to know if you’re going to do that."

Walters also said that you and other characters will be able to respond in specific tones of voice. "We’ve added in four tones and we’ll talk a little more in the future, but they basically allow other types of characters to express them[selves] in one of four different ways, and sometimes one of two different ways. And I think that gets back to that more traditional role-playing sort of feeling which is less about 'Do I want to be good or bad,' and more about 'How do I want to express myself?'"

Andromeda's trailers and gameplay videos so far have focused a lot on combat and exploration. And that's fine! But for me, the draw of the ME series was always its characters and story. If these new dialogue systems help flesh those out, maybe we won't even miss choosing whether or not to push that jerk out of a window.

goddamnit, playing renegade was bestest thing about mass effect dialogue wheel, now this shit feels like political correct budget dialogue.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/5sti1f/how_i_see_the_comparison_photo/

MlSG6vO.jpg

:russiastronk:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Shepard is one of the best and most recognizable human characters in modern gaming.

The nailed the bad ass space Jesus look... The new character looks like a pampered man child.

J1M

Arcane
I wonder how much Cliffy B. is getting in residuals for the use of his likeness as Ryder. :lol:

pippin

It's not only that, his armor makes him look stronger and manlier. New Guy's design seems to be a faggy boy scout imo.

in the trilogy it’s like, 'I’m gonna play Paragon,' and then you know which way you’re moving the stick on every conversation. You don’t have to think about it, because you’re just going to hit Paragon every time."

Fucking Christ. How do these specimens even manage breathing without an awesome button?

Also, the cycle of shitting on the previous title to promote the new one is alive and well, I see.

Shepard is one of the best and most recognizable human characters in modern gaming.

The nailed the bad ass space Jesus look... The new character looks like a pampered man child.
Shepard wouldn't recognize bad ass if it sat on his face. His most renegade antics could at best be passed off as an uppity teenager and he had all the personality of a brick. He was a shit character. Only reason he's recognizable is because he is the ME franchise.
That the new metrofaggot manchild somehow manages to be even worse isn't a very good reason to start praising the old.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Shepard wouldn't recognize bad ass if it sat on his face. His most renegade antics could at best be passed off as an uppity teenager and he had all the personality of a brick. He was a shit character. Only reason he's recognizable is because he is the ME franchise.
That the new metrofaggot manchild somehow manages to be even worse isn't a very good reason to start praising the old.
Shepard did a lot of bad ass things...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He had sex with several different alien species, who can say they have done that? Except Kirk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom