Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian's new and totally non-Aliens rpg!

fastpunk

Arbiter
Game Informer said:
Drawing on the three J.B.s for inspiration—Jack Bauer, Jason Bourne and James Bond—the developers are giving players plenty of different ways to tackle problems.

The Bourne trilogy was excellent, I hope this game will lean more towards that series' feel. :D

Radisshu

Prophet
A spy RPG sounds quite original compared to all the fantasy RPGs being released these days. I'm glad they're going beyond making fantasy and very fantasy-like sci-fi stuff.

NiM82

Prophet
I see Obsidian are trying to one up Splinter Cell with nightvision goggles too.

3 glowing lenses are so last gen...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Wasn't NWN a rip off of BG?"

Nah. It was a rip off of NWN, and pretty much any D&D game. R00fles!

"Go say that at the Obsidian boards. PUSSY."

I've said much worse on the Obsidian boards. L0L ie. BIO > OBS Let me tell ya, they don't like that. :lol:

Texas Red

Whiner
Alien and now this. Was there a sale on crappy settings or what? Though Alpha Protocol's feature are all nice and dandy, the whole James Bond espionage setting is pure shit, possibly meant to attract the consolers since such modern day crap is popular there. Way to go on taking inspiration from Hollywood, by the way.

lame.setting. that we have enough of already, though completely of no surprise. A bigbut franchise for a game and now this mainstreamed theme. Before that a SW and a D&D game. Will Obsidian ever do something original?

dragonfk

Erudite
Volourn said:
LOL Rippin off ME. L0L

God, its painful to see your fanboism day by day. I know you're canadian, Bioware is canadian but seriously get a more sober look on world.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
NiM82 said:

Two glowing "night vision" lenses are bad. Three is retarded. Four is... I don't there is any word to describe four.

Nael

Arcane
Lestat said:
aprilcoverreveal.jpg

Correction:

b_155510.jpg

"It will change the way you think about roleplaying games!!!" - Tom Cruise

"My Tom is the greatest roleplayer of all time! He's so dreamy!" - Katie Holmes

"Everything is going as according to planned..." - L. Ron Hubbard

"Deeessh isshh totaaahhlly awweshhhuum!!!" - The Four Eyed Super Elite See-in-the-Dark Squad

PS-Respect my MS Paint skills!

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
And on that note, the bad guys should be the Church of Scientology. Seriously. Everyone who played Ultima VII or ever posted on 4chan would buy this game then.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
I consider the dialogue in Bloodlines as good as RPGs have ever had it, and I understand that Mitsoda wrote a lot of it. Thats the sort of pedigree that makes you look forward to a game (with MCA's contribution needing no further booster). So yeah, I'm looking forward to this. Actiony combat is not ideal, but not a deal breaker for me. Plus, spy games are cool in concept.

DraQ

Arcane
Sovy Kurosei said:
NiM82 said:

Two glowing "night vision" lenses are bad. Three is retarded. Four is... I don't there is any word to describe four.
Unless you put them on spider-morphs - they can support up to 6-8 while still staying in the 'bad' zone.

I had the hope this game would be more on the line of Spycraft/KGB. My interest on it just died a bloody, almost snuff like death.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Guys, read the notes on the game. It does take ie rip off ME. It even admits so.

And, oh, ME didn't rip off James Bond. It's rip off target was a certain Bauer from t, and sci fi stuff. Not James Bond.

"Why would anybody want to rip you off?"

HA! But, sadly, certain sad fools, have ripped me off and tried to copy me. And, failed, of course.

"God, its painful to see your fanboism day by day. I know you're canadian, Bioware is canadian but seriously get a more sober look on world"

HAHAHA!

If you knew my political views or my favorite sports teams; you'd know I don't care about what country someone (or a company) is from. R00fles!

P.S. Who are you?

Nael

Arcane
Greatatlantic said:
I consider the dialogue in Bloodlines as good as RPGs have ever had it, and I understand that Mitsoda wrote a lot of it.

Anyone who ever played as a Malkavian female in that game probably would agree wholeheartedly with you.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
The Walkin' Dude said:
Alien and now this. Was there a sale on crappy settings or what? Though Alpha Protocol's feature are all nice and dandy, the whole James Bond espionage setting is pure shit, possibly meant to attract the consolers since such modern day crap is popular there. Way to go on taking inspiration from Hollywood, by the way.

lame.setting. that we have enough of already, though completely of no surprise. A bigbut franchise for a game and now this mainstreamed theme. Before that a SW and a D&D game. Will Obsidian ever do something original?
How the fuck is this an unoriginal setting? Have I missed something?

Krokar

Scholar
SEGA is very excited to be introducing a new type of gaming experience to next-gen consumers,” stated Sean Ratcliffe, Vice President of Marketing for SEGA of America, Inc. “With ground-breaking new RPG action and an interactive storyline matching the best spy-thrillers, Alpha Protocol delivers a true next-generation RPG experience.”

Loyalty carries a price and no one knows this more than agent Michael Thorton. A talented young agent cast out by his government, Thorton is the only one with the information needed to stop an impending international catastrophe. To do so means he must cut himself off from the very people he is sworn to protect. As players determine how to accomplish different objectives, the decisions made and actions taken in each mission will ultimately transform the type of secret agent Michael Thorton will become. Every choice the player makes as Michael Thorton will carry consequences for his future and the fate of the world.

“Alpha Protocol blends Obsidian’s knack for intricate story, engrossing characters, and significant character advancement with fast-paced modern combat,” said Feargus Urquhart, CEO of Obsidian Entertainment. “Alpha Protocol embraces everything we enjoy about making RPGs from a fresh perspective. We are confident our talented staff at Obsidian will enable us to deliver this exciting RPG experience.”

Alpha Protocol is slated for an early 2009 release for the Xbox 360, the PS3 and PC.

And the new forums: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showforum=67

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom