Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
I don't even recall reading much criticism on the game itself - mostly just bashing Br$$$$$an Fargo, the cut NPCs and Techland.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
That Polish magazine looks proper oldschool, with an apparent emphasis on solid text, black on white and neatly organized in straight columns. Thumbs up bros.

This game will sell less than wasteland 2... On consoles it won't sell enough to fund a night out in Hollywood with whores and coke.
I don't believe that. Already the ones that have seen Joe's show will buy it just because it's cool. Sure, they will not finish it but everyone will praise it.

Last edited:

Fairfax

Arcane

edgy.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
When the 24 year old womanchild acts more professionally than some of the older VAs. :negative:

I skipped ahead and Tybir and the two cast-offs are also cool (for some reason, Rhin's VA is still a mystery). My final party has been assembled well.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
That Polish magazine looks proper oldschool, with an apparent emphasis on solid text, black on white and neatly organized in straight columns. Thumbs up bros.
Sadly this magazine is shit and was founded thanks to an elaborate scam. It’s not a respectable source of information, despite how it looks.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Voice acting was a mistake. I can't wait to see the retards defend this.

Voice acting is really a double-edged sword. If it's and all (major) voices are well casted, then it can really add to characterization of the characters. But if it's shit the it will destroy the athmospere. Shadowrun games didnt have VA and it was right choice.

Moth

Learned
I could hire people off of the street with equal or even superior talent than half the cast. Their choices are really bizarre.

Really makes you think what spurred them to choose some of these people. On the other hand, Alligern, whose actor is an exceptionally unusual choice, is probably one of the better ones. Shame that the character isn't as compelling.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This game will sell less than wasteland 2... On consoles it won't sell enough to fund a night out in Hollywood with whores and coke.
I don't believe that. Already the ones that have seen Joe's show will buy it just because it's cool. Sure, they will not finish it but everyone will praise it.
The potential audience for TToN is obviously narrower comparing to W2.

Unfortunately the game is short. I have confirmed information from the guy that wrote the review he is near the 3nd play though and got the game one week ago. You do have to finish the game multiple times to see everything but damn, I guess is the size of Tyranny.

Unfortunately the game is short. I have confirmed information from the guy that wrote the review he is near the 3nd play though and got the game one week ago. You do have to finish the game multiple times to see everything but damn, I guess is the size of Tyranny.

From what I've read, about the length of the game, the main campaign is about 25 hours.
But there are so many side-quests, Dialog and places to explore that it's suppose to be much more longer that 25 hours...

But, i'll know the truth only after i'll play the full game...

P.S. Tyranny was claimed to be a short game. But, I finished him after 45 hours (did all the side-quests) - so it turned up to be NOT THAT SHORT.

Last edited:

fobia

Tyranny .... 75 hours

You forgot the game running and went to sleep?

It really depends on how much of the text you read, or so I assume.
I only played the first chapter and about a third of the second chapter so far. I am waiting for more patches and the DLC that hopefully finishes the game.
But comparing to the complaints on how short the game is on the Paradox forums, it took me nearly twice as long for said part of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom