Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Deleted member 7219

So how many publications have broken Brian Fargo's embargo?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wonder how they explored the initial question of "what does one life matter?". I hope it's not a derpy "huuuurrrr, everyone's speciul" shtick.

Moth

Learned
I wonder how they explored the initial question of "what does one life matter?". I hope it's not a derpy "huuuurrrr, everyone's speciul" shtick.

I was typing something almost identical when I checked for updates. I agree. I'm a little concerned that the very thesis topic for the game may have been lost during development.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
What the fuck is that interface. Jesus. I've purposefully been avoiding the beta's updates and screenshots for the last couple months.

It's not even as bad as everyone here in the codex said it was. It's fucking worse.
Pull your head out of your ass and use that small brain of yours. Can't you see that is that PS4 HUD? And if you took 1 minute to look up a PC screenshot you would see that it is nothing like that. Fucking Christ, some people are playing the Codex attitude to the level of idiocy.
The UI on PC is pretty much identical. The only difference appears to be the radial menu to the lower right of the main UI.
Did you have it confirmed how many foci are in the final game?

Father Foreskin

Learned
Its not confirmed but probably 3 foci. If only Fargo liked his games as he likes his women he would be adding stuff and not cutting it. I wonder if he will sponsor fake tits to Colin as a performance bonus, it would increase Colins Twitter credibility.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What the fuck is that interface. Jesus. I've purposefully been avoiding the beta's updates and screenshots for the last couple months.

It's not even as bad as everyone here in the codex said it was. It's fucking worse.
Pull your head out of your ass and use that small brain of yours. Can't you see that is that PS4 HUD? And if you took 1 minute to look up a PC screenshot you would see that it is nothing like that. Fucking Christ, some people are playing the Codex attitude to the level of idiocy.

Nothing like it? J_C gonna J_C I guess.

Come on, man, be fair. The PC version doesn't have the wheel. Nothing like it!

But I'm not worried, I'm sure inXile will fix it in the Director's Cut when they get enough complaints that you can't properly play it with a gaypad on PC.

FeelTheRads None other than Andrew Plotkin appears to be livetweeting this panel as well: https://twitter.com/zarfeblong
https://twitter.com/zarfeblong

What is a livetweeting?

Oh my god, they have review embargo this is practically like a Holocaust of video games.

I don't know what the problem of those people is, not gonna read the thread, but weren't reviews usually a thing you got before the release of the game?
Same as with demos, that disappeared too, I guess you can't have people know beforehand if your game sucks.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I don't know what the problem of those people is, not gonna read the thread, but weren't reviews usually a thing you got before the release of the game?

No, in the old days it was actually the other way around. SOmetimes you had to wait couple of weeks until one of the magazines printed a review. You kids don't know how good you have it nowadays.

Same as with demos, that disappeared too, I guess you can't have people know beforehand if your game sucks.

What's the point of demos anymore if you can just get the refund?

Turjan

Arcane
By the way, GOG keys are available from the backer portal now.

You cannot download the game yet though.

Last edited:

FeelTheRads

Arcane

No, in the old days it was actually the other way around. SOmetimes you had to wait couple of weeks until one of the magazines printed a review. You kids don't know how good you have it nowadays.

What's the point of demos anymore if you can just get the refund?

Really? What old days were those? Before threats of pulling advertisements if review scores were below an acceptable limit?

Kids... what are you like 20?

Sòren

Arcane
why do people still care about reviews anyway. there is so much content on youtube of this (and almost any) game, why would you still bother to read the garbage of a person that is pretty much paid to promote stuff like this.

it's the current year goddamit

Xzar

Augur
So... There are no incentives to buy right now, while its still early access? It is said on Steam page that after release there will be some editions... EA buyers may miss on those editions content?

Deleted member 7219

The thing that gets me most about the appallingly shitty companion portraits is this game looked like it had art direction going for it right from day 1. What happened? Did they fire all their artists and hire Fargo's kids?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
"Let's check his pockets to see if he has something to remember him by", who says that, seriously?

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
He prefers to lead from behind

if-you-know-what-i-mean-127.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom