Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

They need to make a new Golden Axe!

Andhaira

Arcane
The original crew should do it; teach the younger brats of today what action gaming is really all about, and how an old dwarf with a long beard and axe was the original bad-ass action game hero who could whup dante and kratos's asses.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
AznSoundTankwhat.jpg

I'll second part of that

Andhaira said:
It was a great game!

Oh I'll second that - I spent MANY 20c coins playing that in the timezone arcades as a kid, and many hours playing co-op on friends' consoles. BUT it is a very old game and I don't think modern games have anything to learn from it. It was one of the best of the 80s side-scrolling beat-em-ups, LOTS of fun at the time, but frankly I don't think one could go back to that kind of gameplay now and enjoy it the same way.

Like Double Dragon - only good for nostalgia, and barely good for that, by my god it rocked in 1987!!! I remember about 1989 or so arcade games and arcade beat-em-ups in particular started to suck mainly because they started to introduce ridiculous timelimits, unbalanced difficulty and other craptastic ways to milk more coins out of you. In their heyday you could put in a single 20c coin (40c later as prices went up) and - if you were good at the game, which took only a moderate amount of practice - you'd have a fair shot at making it all the way to the end for a solid half hour of arcade gaming. You'd spend quite a few credits getting good enough to do that, but the point was that if you died or ran out of time, it was because you made some identifiable mistake rather than inbuilt impossible timers or parts where losing at least one life is unavoidable.

Double Dragon 3 was the archetype of that kind of slide - playing co-op good players could beat DD1 on one credit, but then came the rip-off that was DD3. Not only were there impossible time limits and ridiculous 'must-lose-a-life-here' parts, but worst of all YOU HAD TO PAY EXTRA CREDITS TO GET ALL THE MOVES. That's right, an already by then pricey $1 to buy into the game, and then to get all the moves you'd have to spend another $3. And the game was designed so that even WITH the extra moves you couldn't really clock it affordably - without the extra moves it was just ridiculous.

Little wonder then that as the next gen of consoles hit households in the 90s, arcades went down the drain. Haha sucked in to all those grimey arcade merchants that ripped us off as kids for crap games that merely cashed in on our expectations from previous good games - that was truly an example of capitalist market karma:). Now if only the same thing could happen to Bethesda and the other companies who are doing the same thing as those old arcade fraudsters.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Andhaira, *please* start posting links together with your threads, or at least descriptions of the game you want to talk about so those people who haven't played it or can't remember it have a clue. The way you do it right now I have to google it all the time, and your posts don't really attract discussion either. They're mostly just composed of one sentence, no real opinion, no real description, just "let's discuss this game!".

More details, please.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
lolqq2.jpg

You guys are a bunch of losers. Look at my fuckin awesome hair, my huge muscles, and that sweet piece of ass standing next to me. I'm the fuckin MAN. You don't even know how much pussy I get with this fuckin horse dick I'm packin'.
Just thought I'd let you all know how shitty of a life you have.

Later, Bitches

P.S. You can whack off to the image of my girlfriend if you like. You know you'll never get a hotty like her.[/img]

Texas Red

Whiner
Bozia, you're pretty short though. Are you working out so much out of compensation?

Andhaira

Arcane
@Azrael: I agree with your comments about the arcade money grabbers. (and boy was it ever satisfying watching them get driven OOB by the power of PLAYSTATION and NEOGEO Consoles)

Also, I actually firs tplayed it when it was released on computer (I played it first time on a black and white IBM . The game was one a single 5.25 floppy)

But anyhoo.

GOlden Axe was ahead of its time (like most of the games I adore; being a forward thinking person unlike other people I actually realize the value of a game that is ahead of its time right when I play it, rather than years later)

It had amazing gameplay, and some fantastic innovations (village on turtle; enemy wipe out mega-spells) and some amazing grafix for its time. The game, as RAW is more than playable even TODAY!

The sequels were ok, but nothing as gorundbreaking as the original. (are they ever?)

I hope they not only release a new one, but make it an action-rpg. Furthermore the orginal cast (dwarf, conan looka like, and the babe! should return)

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Whats the point of posting that pic with two lesbians looking like fucking scarecrows? The one on the right looks like she had a sex change.

Top Hat

Scholar
bozia2012 said:
You guys are a bunch of losers. Look at my fuckin awesome hair, my huge muscles, and that sweet piece of ass standing next to me. I'm the fuckin MAN.

Yeah, but which one is the MAN? I'm certain it's the one on the left. You're a drag queen, right?

You don't even know how much pussy I get with this fuckin horse dick I'm packin'.
Just thought I'd let you all know how shitty of a life you have.

Later, Bitches

Pussy? Horse dick? Bitches? Clearly, you are a furry.

P.S. You can whack off to the image of my girlfriend if you like. You know you'll never get a hotty like her.

Why not? I can go down to the adult store and buy a blow up doll of my own if I really wanted.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
You're not supposed to discuss with a direct quote from 4chan.

It's one of those recurring threads, that keeps them boards runnin'.

Rhett Butler

Scholar
bozia2012 said:
You're not supposed to discuss with a direct quote from 4chan.

It's one of those recurring threads, that keeps them boards runnin'.

Actually it is part of cancer that has killed 4chan's /b/. Not "is killing" but " has killed". That place belongs to John and the camwhores now.

Edit: You also did it wrong, the original John pasta goes as follows;

OrigCash.jpg

Hey Faggots,

My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass pictures. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on facebook.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than "jack off to naked drawn japanese people"? I also get straight A's, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

Pic Related: It's me and my bitch

I'm not sure how you could screw that one up, it's only been posted every three minutes for the last month or two. Fucking cancer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom