Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ The Noah Caldwell-Gervais Thread

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
The line you're talking about is a complaint that VTMB comes across as try-hard pandering sometimes, especially when compared to the "for nerds, by nerds" vibe of Arcanum and ToEE.

I think I like the game more than he did, but he's not pulling that accusation out of his ass.
he apparently couldn't like the game enough despite those things, and he also does the ‘lol you may have liked it then but now you see its bad!!’, and yet, even with all the things that may seem stupid, there's still much more to be found in it than in any game made in recent years. anyone who says something like that is a decline loving retard

As has been pointed out, all he says is that he was disappointed with it on replaying it, especially after Arcanum, not that you should hate it and yourself for liking it. And I agree that it's the weakest game in Troika's catalog.

Are you really saying that Troika didn't attempt to sex cRPGS up (third person titty shooter actiontitsstravaganza in the HALF-LIFE 2 engine with tits on!) and pander to twelve year olds with many decision in VTMB? "There are worse recent games"--how does that change anything?

tormund

Arcane
Yup, fair portion of dialogue and character designs in VTMB are cringy and pandering. Might wanna replay it if you doubt that.
it is more than fair to criticize that, considering how much praise is regularly heaped on that game.

Axie

Scholar
Strange are the ways of Lord.

Just as I wanted to post his video in "YouTube section" of Codex, I find this (of course my manners "search before post" helped) topic.

Good guy Noah, like his thoroughlookats much. Shame he doesn't have more of them.

Axie

Scholar
Dear Codex, why I felt warmth in my heart when got surrounded with people wearing white socks in flip-flops, after escaping UK through Dover-Calais ferry?

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Lol, of course he got hired by Porygon, he'll fit in perfectly with the other omega turbodweeb shitlibs. I don't see what others in here saw in him.

mildTea

Learned
Sweeeeet
One of Kodex's favorite Youtubers snatched a pro game journo job. Serious :incline: of Polygon.

He's a freelance writer and has already contributed some reviews. The Wildlands one is not very good. It rambles about how the game tries to fit two opposite genres at the same time, but gives very little reasoning as why the final score is 6.0 only.

tormund

Arcane
He's needlessly harsh on the game, for it has been well received in its Kodexian thread. But he still argues his opinion with depth and erudition that we so love... We may disagree wtih him in this case, but we still respeKKKt him.

Looking forward to his future Polygon contributions. Here's hoping that his Thief retrospective video is still happening though.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
nerd culture.

latest

:imperialscum::imperialscum::imperialscum:

Master

Arbiter
He's needlessly harsh on the game, for it has been well received in its Kodexian thread. But he still argues his opinion with depth and erudition that we so love... We may disagree wtih him in this case, but we still respeKKKt him.

Looking forward to his future Polygon contributions. Here's hoping that his Thief retrospective video is still happening though.
Where did you get this that he will do a Thief retrospective? From his Dishonored video its painfully obvious that this peasant hasnt touched Thief.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
He's one of the handful of leftists in the whole God forsaken world who I can listen to, not get cringed to death immediately and (Jesus have mercy on me) sometimes even agree with. A rare phenomena. A shame he's such an obvious pussy and a nu-male. And yes, I do envy him as fuck, I would love to see these places myself one day (not a feasible thing to do for a potatoman from potatoland).

Neanderthal

Arcane
Tried watching a few of his videos but just like almost every Youtuber he takes too long to get to a point, it's just rambling bollocks, the fuckers need to self edit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom