Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

I legit can't wait for Monday and Tuesday. :lol:

Imagine the EA stock price at mondays opening now Pewdiepie has shit on it:bounce:

Imagine the fucking hell on earth in Biowares studio when the EA execs descend on them to "Sort out this fucking mess.":bounce:

Imagine writing a game and doing the voice acting where a fag doing a voice for a female/trans species of aliens with who have such a rigid patriarchal society it would shame an Arab, is the best and most beliveable voice actor and defined NPC:bounce:

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

This glitch is just super bad. There are two stages of the game showing up at the same time.

"It's apparent that from minute one Bioware wants you to be inside other men."

This issue seems to appear often:

tumblr_omwvg01uYL1w0gs5mo1_540.png

It's worse than people inside of other people. That glitch contains actually a spoiler for you in the early stage of the game.

Because you get your brother/sister in the crio-pod...and on the bed at the same time. And you can actually talk to the medic who is attending to him/her.

It's like some kind of space-time travelling shit, it makes you play a late game conversation in an early game stage, it's absurd.

This game is so fucking broken, like...not even Fallout 4 was this bad.

I was thinking about how I would write MEA and I came up with the following.

You arrive in a new galaxy. All your remote telescope pre-mission stuff unsurprisingly turns out to be useless. Instead of a stupid energy problem you get something more severe and realistic: food will run out if you don't find a world to settle. Over the game you will have to decide between waking up people to make you more capable to find a world or keep them asleep to conserve it. You will be able to create temporary fixes like produce disgusting protein sludge.

Anyway, you move out to explore the worlds and.. shit, it's all dextro-amino and not levo-amino based. Great for Turians but you aren't a Turian. In ME lore that means you will all starve unless you find a rare planet to match your physiology.

The whole game shall be exploration, discovery, meeting of new races and trying to barter for your survival. None of them are especially happy to find newcomers who want to set up shop. You can convince some but mostly try to avoid the wrath of other, more expansionist forces.

Just because levo-amino lifeforms are pretty unknown in that galaxy and you aren't really stealing viable planets to settle won't change the fact you have to show to be useful somehow to a larger empire. As the game progresses you find clues and remnants of other arks that already failed or barely manage to eke a living in a remote unclaimed area of space.

I would probably add that the Turians are doing fine and have managed to negotiate settlement rights with a minor power for warfare expertise. If only because I like the idea of scaly bird aliens. Also Garrus. RIP.

Your going abourt this all wrong it's a space ark travelling 634 years into the future if you comapre it to earth and that time period you would get this...

12-web.jpg

and this...

AP_111835182005.jpg

Talk about waking up on a hostile planet.

Why she would need video game experience? She has done animations before and doing normal animations are lot harder than making game animations. Good animator can easily make good perfectly looping walking animation in less than half hour that looks good on video games.
She has over 4 year experience of working in animations and about half year experience on 3d modelling. Thats really good considering how young she is.

Have you see her animation showcase reel...

http://theralphretort.com/a-cosplay...l-animator-for-mass-effect-andromeda-3017017/

Weasel
"Misidentified" by whom... had she left that on her profile even though she'd left the company, or exaggerated her role a bit?

Anyway, lead facial animator on a big project must have seemed a prestigious title... until a few days ago :lol:

FUDU

Arcane
That is disgusting. What kind of world are we living in where...

image_uploaded_from_ios.jpg

...worth it.

Well at least I hope someone at Bioware was able to get their dick wet.

More like, got their vag Scissored.

Juggie

Augur
No it's not edgy or try hard what we are doing. This is a video game forum and we are all customers, if a game company makes a bad product, they deserve to be exposed, if they constantly make bad products and operate bad anti- consumer business practice, shilling DLC to chisel the customers and removing content to sell as Pre-Order bonus' (the worst example I've ever seen was the Prothean squadmate in ME3)

Video game developers have being getting away with murder for years, because most of their customers are fucking numbskulls who think that pre-ordering something and buying a season pass is something to be proud of. No other industry I can think of gets away with promising the world and delivering a painted potato and such awful business practices, while it rips off their customers who are so dumb they lap it up and want to be friends with the developers and worship them like Gods.

All the while the supposed watchdog of the gaming companies and consumer advocate, the games media is a paid up hype machine advocate peddling this snake oil while running banner ads for the games. There is no other industry that gets away with this and it's high time these people are held to account.

I'm a builder and we get shat on constantly by the media, just look at how many programs there are on TV about builders from hell. I saw an article the other day in the Mail where a couple had moved into a new build and was blaming the builders for their washing maching dancing across the floor. This was nothing to do with the builders at all, because whoever delivered and installed the washer hadn't removed the transit bolts, yet that wasn't mentioned in the article it just shat on builders.

So your wrong this thread isn't a ciclejerk, it's justice. Bioware need to be held to account and judged on their work, thats fair and it's just and it applies to every other industry, so why do you want to give this pile of crap a free pass?

You're so fucked up with your video game Stockholm syndrome that you even acknowledge all the critcisms, but yet still drink the kool aid and attack the critics and say the games fine if you ignore all the terrible parts and remember the old Mass effect...The game is a joke and deserves to be mocked
Sorry, but you either cannot read or you're just dumb.

I expressed my dislike for several parts of the game but I still see an improvement in some other parts. I consider ME series mediocre action adventures (why is this thread in GRPG again?). I consider ME2, specifically, a terrible fucking game. I was expecting complete shit and after playing the trial it seems like gameplay and level design is actually the best in the series so far.

If anyone was expecting top down, squad based, TB, tactical strategy they are delusional. Gameplay-wise this game is ME through and through. Criticizing shoddy visuals, voicing and writing is OK as long as it doesn't turn into 100 pages of embarrassing competition of who can come up with the worst meme about retarded facial expressions.

Anyway, I tried pointing out that within context of the series this game is not exceptionally bad but the angry mob just keeps spamming inane gifs over and over until all pages are flooded with shitty animations we've all already seen 20 times while reassuring each other that this is the worst game evar. I couldn't care less except for feeling disgusted by so many codexers who apparently care more about visuals and voicing than the actual gameplay. What really got me though, was when some retard who haven't even played the trial but watched a stream (fucking degenerate thing) came here and claimed that the original Mass Effect game's intro mission Eden Prime is better than the one in Andromeda. That's just pure gold. Back in the days of Mass Effect release it was mocked by Codex, among other things, for having crappy linear missions. When Andromeda improved at least this one thing one the most linear missions I can think of in pretty much any game is suddenly great? Just keep on embarrassing yourselves people.

I played ME and ME2 recently so I still have shitty taste in my mouth from pretty much all their gameplay mechanics.

Also your psychological analysis with the "video game Stockholm syndrome" is real spot on. If you cannot tell that I'm not in favor of Bioware here (actually I pretty much dislike all their games since at least KotOR) you should just cease posting altogether.

But like this wise person said here ...
Don't bother, once the circle jerk gets rolling nothing can stop it, least of all facts.
... I should just shut the fuck up. This thread cannot support meaningful discussion at this point.

You can hear entire video, but it's 0:40 when it gets :cool: They went full out with it
I wonder if we are prepared for this. Probably not.

:incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline:

:incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline:

Can any of you guys do me a favour and give me the basic gestalt on what this video was about, as it's been deleted and seems to have provoked a reaction.

Thanks.

tormund

Arcane
Juggie

Your arguments would have some minimal merit if people here were constantly praising previous games or claiming that they were fantastic, complex RPGs. They aren't doing that, though. At all.

You are kinda cute, you know. You are trying your very best to hide your fanboyism, to look like one of the guis, to pretend that you are displeased by something other than the mere dislike for the game. But it keeps seeping trough. You really aren't at all good at this.
You oughta take rest, chill out a bit and all that.

Latelistener

Arcane

This glitch is just super bad. There are two stages of the game showing up at the same time.

"It's apparent that from minute one Bioware wants you to be inside other men."

This issue seems to appear often:

tumblr_omwvg01uYL1w0gs5mo1_540.png

It's worse than people inside of other people. That glitch contains actually a spoiler for you in the early stage of the game.

Because you get your brother/sister in the crio-pod...and on the bed at the same time. And you can actually talk to the medic who is attending to him/her.

It's like some kind of space-time travelling shit, it makes you play a late game conversation in an early game stage, it's absurd.

This game is so fucking broken, like...not even Fallout 4 was this bad.

I think even Bloodlines wasn't this broken. At the end of the video player is suppose to to scan some shit, but he can't do it. I mean, literally, the first hour in the game, and it's already broken so you can't progress. How many people will be able to complete it on release?

Padzi

Arbiter
You can hear entire video, but it's 0:40 when it gets :cool: They went full out with it
I wonder if we are prepared for this. Probably not.

:incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline:

:incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline::incline:

Can any of you guys do me a favour and give me the basic gestalt on what this video was about, as it's been deleted and seems to have provoked a reaction.

Thanks.

Scott and Vetra were flirting but after 0:40 Humax x Turian mating calls begun. They were pretty cringy.

Tick Tock Crocodile

Thanks.

Male Ryder and Vetra(?) get into some kind of cliff-climbing contest, start bantering. Around 40 seconds in it transitions to a lot of really suggestive moaning. Cue Careless Whisper playing in the background.

(Towards the end I think she said, "Is this real?" and Ryder was like "Yeah, the sky's real." She says something along the lines of no, she meant that he seems to care for her as more than a friend, and she doesn't mind if she's wrong thinking that, but she has to know so things don't become difficult. Ryder says "I thought we were just playing." Cue record scratching. She says something like "Oh. That's good then."

So basically it's only funny if you actually hear the moaning and George Michael.)

mans1ay3r really is going to have some fun with this game, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

tormund

Arcane

Zeriel

Arcane
So our favorite animator appears to be a man-hating feminazi too.... A perfect fit for Bioware. No wonder she was hired. :lol:

I'm particularly confused by that. "I hate men" says a cosplayer model who literally only has a career because men like how she looks. Typically people who work in modeling don't have such a warped view of the world.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So our favorite animator appears to be a man-hating feminazi too.... A perfect fit for Bioware. No wonder she was hired. :lol:

... watch the video. She nowhere said she hates men, she just used parts of movies which she then animated. And the specific part of this old black and white movie wasn't even about MEN SUCK LOL, but it was a monologue about how unfair it is that men age well while women age worse and THAT is why the movie character says "I hate men".

She doesn't deserve the shit she is getting and it makes all the guys who shit on her now look like the gigantic fucking assholes the media painted them as during gamergate. Fuck this is making me angry.

Padzi

Arbiter

Thanks.

Male Ryder and Vetra(?) get into some kind of cliff-climbing contest, start bantering. Around 40 seconds in it transitions to a lot of really suggestive moaning. Cue Careless Whisper playing in the background.

(Towards the end I think she said, "Is this real?" and Ryder was like "Yeah, the sky's real." She says something along the lines of no, she meant that he seems to care for her as more than friend, and she doesn't mind if she's wrong thinking that, but she has to know so things don't become difficult. Ryder says "I thought we were just playing." Cue record scratching. She says something like "Oh. That's good then."

So basically it's only funny if you actually hear the moaning and George Michael.)

mans1ay3r really is going to have some fun with this game, though.

Somebody was taking the notes! :smug:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

... watch the video. She nowhere said she hates men, she just used parts of movies which she then animated. And the specific part of this old black and white movie wasn't even about MEN SUCK LOL, but it was a monologue about how unfair it is that men age well while women age worse and THAT is why the movie character says "I hate men".

She doesn't deserve the shit she is getting and it makes all the guys who shit on her now look like the gigantic fucking assholes the media painted them as during gamergate. Fuck this is making me angry.
Yeah agreed. This thing is starting to make it seem like anti-gamergate has a point. Very sad!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom