Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect BioWare Montreal's Mass Effect: Andromeda - where element zero meets trisomy 21

He has terminal liver cancer. Although a Twitter Update from January Said the Tumor us shrinking and the doctors Five him an actual chance to beat the cancer now.
i'm sure it's an old and answered already question, but i never cared. just curiosity: what makes it sure that it's not some prolonged publicity stunt? people fake anything all the time.

He stopped showing his face in the podcast for awhile, and then a picture leaked showing why. The disease or the treatments were wrecking him.

dBDAd1T.jpg

I don't see him telling people to get cancer and die like he used to, so there's that.

Monkeysattva

Cipher
So I saw in one video that you move from one part of the galaxy to another, right?

Is there an explanation for this, since there are, I assume, no Mass Relays?

Too lazy to search through the thread...

salaciousbcrumb

re: your wtf rating

I think ME1 does give you several achievements when it comes to romancing characters. I'm not 100% sure about the sequels, but if you wanted to 100% ME1 you had to romance straight people too (which was the criticism behind romance in MEA, that there was a straight romance and this made a faggot angry).

I rated you WTF because Lhynn said in reply to my post that the next Mass Effect should have a cuck romance, that there should be an achievement for it and you said there are achievements for romances in Mass Effect. Implying that being a cuck is an achievement:lol:

Anyway Mass Effect Andomeda has claimed it's first victim, video game related violence strikes again mixed with a little Cluedo...

EXCLUSIVE: British public school graduate ‘was choked to death with a metre-long candlestick during a Swiss skiing holiday by wealthy friend on drugs who thought he was a green alien’

• Alex Morgan, 23, was a former pupil Prince Charles's public school Gordonstoun
  • He was brutally killed with shards of glass, a candlestick and a golden sculpture
  • The alleged killer, Bennet von Vertes, 31, was high on cocaine and ketamine
  • He is said to have thought he and the victim were the last two people on earth

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-death-1m-long-candlestick.html#ixzz4cZRF0euT

Total Biscuit is such a casual. Spends most of his time on things like UI and gashing over the combat/jumpjets etc. Actually says the writing is mostly decent. smh
I watched a bit of his stream. He was in full fanboy mode with this game.
He actually suggested putting helmets on party NPCs as a way to deal with the bad animations. :shittydog:
You make it sound like he was trying to downplay the animations when he was insulting them. 'I call it paperbag-on-head mode' he says, voice dripping with contempt.

That's fair he does say that, but he should not have done that, if he wanted to review the game fairly there is no justification in covering up the bad bits, he even, like I said earlier ignores countless glitches and pop ins in a short clip he records in the Nexus, only once does he mention his shadow bugging out. Now being fair on him I think it's because he assumes that is old ground, yet still he's playing the game on a pretty high powered machine so he should acknowledge that the game is glitching and bugging out, as well as he acknowledges the graphical work he finds good later on.

J1M

Arcane
That is exactly my point. Your view of the 'average' tv show/movie/book is vastly skewed if you think it is above the average game.

No, your point was "average literature writing is not better than average game writing".....because of some one game you pointed out.

If you can't see that Steven King, however not exactly a Nobel laureate, is a vastly better writer than basically anyone in the gaming industry (same goes for the bulk of mainstream literature writers) than your judgment is not only skewed, it doesn't exist.
Thanks for clearing that up. So the guy was a contractor working for another company but under googles banner, promising the world, wouldn't be the first time things were outsourced to dodgy contractors who have to make sales, it happens over here all the time.
Dude, no. The guy was probably just "Google Certified" at most - a free online certification anyone can get.

Such independent contractors aren't under Google's banner, or anyone's. I've been one. The difference is, the shady ones do promise the world and usually don't deliver. That's not about Google, that's about them and their poor business practices.

SEO is an entire industry. Payscales are upward of $135 an hour for employees. Potentially more for contractors. That kind of industry wouldn't exist if you could simply do a backdoor deal to get to the top. Google doesn't get any money from SEO directly. They make money with ads. Ads anyone can buy and run. Ads that aren't secret:
http://www.google.co.uk/adwords/

Ads that would be irrelevant if there were a secret backdoor that adblock couldn't block.
And like you said if they can de-index sites, dosen't that mean they can de-index sites that are running negative stories on something they are paid to promote?
It is possible. The tell-tale sign would be that the articles can't be found even if searched directly. Alternatively, Google might have made a manual correction to their rankings.

A lot of things are possible here, but it's best to have proof before throwing around those accusations or you risk de-legitimizing yourself and these accusations in the future. Sort of like Antifa calling everyone nazis, or feminists calling everything sexist, people tend to not take the boy who cried wolf seriously after a while.

As I said, the same result could be achieved "naturally" simply due to the amount of shills Bioware has writing praise for them, or by Bioware directly by bombing the negative articles with bad links.
Yes, SEO is a thing. It is also a thing that google can mark a site as 'fake news' or 'illegal content' or any number of other subjective tags to increase/lower its search ranking without actually making a special exemption in the algorithm. The efforts of big business to influence the last election cycle are well-documented, and not exactly new. To think that they would only intervene every 4 years is beyond naive.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Its a shit deal what TB and his family are going through, but he did act like a cunt with the entire Trump supporters want to kill me and every viewer who is a Trump supporter is a murderer rant.

Being sick doesn't excuse someone from being a cunt.

P. lolzy as usual but he has the "THROW MORE CELEBRITIES AT IT" approach to the voices, as if Seth Green came up with Joker on his own. The guy voicing the gay krogan probably didn't even know what the character looked like. The voice itself is fine, but it looks like the director dropped a script saying "use a haughty tone" on his lap and left to Starbucks.

Its a shit deal what TB and his family are going through, but he did act like a cunt with the entire Trump supporters want to kill me and every viewer who is a Trump supporter is a murderer rant.

Being sick doesn't excuse someone from being a cunt.

I think he was ranting out of self interest there. People do say a lot of dickish things, especially totalbiscuit, but he does sometimes have the humility to apologise for it. Besides which he tends to be very focused on the customer in his reviews and tries to be balanced, which I respect him for, when we live in an age where your average game review is just awful fanboy buy it now shilling (either paid or unpaid). I was watching a short section of games reviews on a tech segment on the BBC news the other day, where the guy went through every title and said buy it now it's awesome on everything... Mass Effect Andrewsliversalts... Buy it now and try for yourself (WHAT? Buy it to try it)...A Baseball game... If you like Baseball you'll love this, you should buy it now! Then there was another game which he said the same type of thing.

Not once did the guy mention a fault, bug or anything, basically he was just a cheerleader, a hype merchant as most of the gaming press are. So it's nice to have totalbiscuit around in such an enviroment as a counterpoint moaning about key bindings and draw distances and I hope he gets well despite him being a touchy dickhead at times.

Max Stats

Liturgist
In the new SJWified Star Wars movie, everyone is essentially asexual and celibate
Well, the negro obviously has a crush on the white girl and I here the next film features a full on interracial romance.

tbh, I'd much rather no romance than SJW cringe degeneracy.

Nonsense, a bonafide cuckhold is incoming and we can watch the "black bull" fucking the shit out of her and a white cuck can clean with his tongue after them after watching them in a masturbatory way, apologizing for coming too early. Just cause it is all :incloosive:.

:troll:

Oh God now I'm hoping Bioware survives so they include a romance with a cuck option in the next game:D

-I like you too
-Sorry there's someone else
-I like men/aliens
-I like you too but there's someone else, another man/alien, someone I'd like you to meet.
-I'm too old for this shit.

Oh man you haven't lived until you've watched an asari rail your krogan girlfriend with a giant turian strap on.

pippin

The shills are trying to sell videogames to people who don't play them, so they do have that approach. TB seems to be more neutral, but I do think part of his commentary on Andromeda might be influenced on how harsh he was against DAI. At least I do think he was one of the few mainstream voices who claimed the game was just boring, although he admitted he's more into faster games than the usual slow burning rpg (which now that I think about it might explain his thoughts on MEA too).

re: celebs, yeah they don't do the characters by themselves but you can't deny their actual acting. Or at least you can't deny part of what made Joker the character he was is related to the fact that Seth Greene was playing himself. All in all I think the use of celebs in the original trilogy was actually quite sensible for a major videogame imo.

The shills are trying to sell videogames to people who don't play them, so they do have that approach. TB seems to be more neutral, but I do think part of his commentary on Andromeda might be influenced on how harsh he was against DAI. At least I do think he was one of the few mainstream voices who claimed the game was just boring, although he admitted he's more into faster games than the usual slow burning rpg (which now that I think about it might explain his thoughts on MEA too).

FFS Pippin the shills are the ones selling games to the people who play them, all those people dropping 60 bucks on the latest awesome looking sports games or shooters, only watch trailers or hype merchants on TV. The other lot are the pre-order kids who fall into the hype of the biggest gaming channels and would trade their cow for 2 "magic" beans if it had a big franchise written on them then trade in a couple more cows on the "magic" bean dlc and "magic" bean multiplayer.

The only people who criticise games are sites like the codex and chans and we hardly play fucking games and we're not likely to pre-order or drop 60 bucks on day one on a pile of shit we've been ripping apart for the last week, the last game I played was Sunless Sea on a free weekend from steam and though I enjoyed it, I can't bring myself to play it anymore let alone buy it. The last full price game I bought was racing manager at christmas because it reminded me of scalelextric and gave me some casual shit to do in between coping with the family.

pippin

"If you like baseball, you will like this game!". "If youlike Star Wars, you will lie this game!". These are not statements directed at people who play videogames.

"If you like baseball, you will like this game!". "If youlike Star Wars, you will lie this game!". These are not statements directed at people who play videogames.
I only mentioned the baseball one and yes it is a statement directed at someone who plays videogames. As is if you like golf or football or wrestling or Boxing. As they are selling games to casual players who have gaming systems and like that sport. The problem I have is that they offer no criticism of the game at all, I remember back in the day you used to get reviews that said that it's a great game for all, if you like baseball then you may like it, or only for a diehard fan, then they gave you a list of other, older titles that they thought were in the same ilk as recommendations. Now everyone is on the giddyup to sell you the latest game at full price and acting all excited about it, while explicitly ignoring older better titles in the same ilk you may enjoy more.

Basically the gaming media is a mess, it's not that it's just full of shills, it's also full of idiots, who are so stupid they don't even have to be paid to hype up the new releases, they're just mimicking a pattern of behaviour that they've seen from "gaming critics" and think it's the way to act. Just look how hyper they all are, how they use the same words, look at there glazed over eyes, it's like they're mad cult recruiters.

Last edited:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Having only Battle Brothers to keep me entertained at the moment, I decided to go ahead and buy andromeda, problems be damned.

1) Ah right, you need Origin. Ugh, download. Haven't logged into my Origin account since... ME3?
2) What was my password again? Fuck, reset it.
3) Log in, notice that Origin still feels like this sluggish java-website from a decade ago. No real change. They re-arranged some UI crap though, wow...
4) All my games are gone except for one. Command and Comquer 4. Wat. Got that in 2012 because nostalgia (it was complete shit of course, this would prove prophetic btw).
5) EA account site tells me I have been a member since... Today. Wat. Even though the details on cnc4 tell me I got it in 2012 and my old ea e-mail tells me I joined in 2011.
6) ME Andromeda costs like 60 Euros for the standard edition.

In conclusion: God is real and this is Him telling me that I should not buy this trash game.
EA Origin may as well be malware and is still substantially worse than Steam so many years after it's creation. Amazing.
EA Help site is full of people getting accounts hacked, losing games off their library randomly, whatever, same problems since 2011!

How does EA even still exist, they're about as competent as the bioware animations team.

Having only Battle Brothers to keep me entertained at the moment, I decided to go ahead and buy andromeda, problems be damned.

1) Ah right, you need Origin. Ugh, download. Haven't logged into my Origin account since... ME3?
2) What was my password again? Fuck, reset it.
3) Log in, notice that Origin still feels like this sluggish java-website from a decade ago. No real change. They re-arranged some UI crap though, wow...
4) All my games are gone except for one. Command and Comquer 4. Wat. Got that in 2012 because nostalgia (it was complete shit of course, this would prove prophetic btw).
5) EA account site tells me I have been a member since... Today. Wat. Even though the details on cnc4 tell me I got it in 2012 and my old ea e-mail tells me I joined in 2011.
6) ME Andromeda costs like 60 Euros for the standard edition.

In conclusion: God is real and this is Him telling me that I should not buy this trash game.
EA Origin may as well be malware and is still substantially worse than Steam so many years after it's creation. Amazing.
EA Help site is full of people getting accounts hacked, losing games off their library randomly, whatever, same problems since 2011!

How does EA even still exist, they're about as competent as the bioware animations team.

Why don't you buy something good instead from a less shit outlet, or 6-10 good games for the same price?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom