Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News New teaser website appears to be counting down towards Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition reveal

I wonder whether they'll try to re-render or retouch the videos. It's one of my favourite things about Torment, e.g. this spell:

they used advanced technology to make it widescreen

QxAhsl8.png

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
I found it really interesting that the post declares Dragonspear flopped. How do we know this for sure? It could have made enough to pay for its budget. I mean, at least in theory the game shouldn't have cost that much to make (engine was old sure, but that should mean art costs were on the lower end of the spectrum). I couldn't find anything to back up this claim, not even any steamspy data to confirm it one way or the other wtf happened to it. .

Exactly. There is nothing on steam spy. BG:EE has 615,440 owners, and BG2:EE has 424,175, which is a lot for a modded game.

Crolug

Liturgist
Let's see... Torment EE - probably around $20-30 vs. Torment 4CD edition (which I won in the CD Projekt's short story contest back in 2000 - i.e. I didn't pay for it) + Widescreen Mod (free) + Widescreen GUI (free) + Unfinished Business (free) + FixPack (free) + TweakPack (free)... Hmmmm... decisions, decisions...

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'm sure someone said this already, but why don't people just use Qwinn's patch and the resolution patches (forgot if they're also Qwinn's)?

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Because people are retards and for most of them installing a mod is a problem. I've been tracking P:T EE news (and as usual Codex is days ahead of other gaming sites) and in the comments users are saying "finally I'll be able to run it on Win 10" and the like. Some of them might not know that mods exist or that something like GOG exists and some of them can't follow simple instructions and I read comments like "mods take half a day to install" (see comment made by Devliyn but he's not the only one).

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm sure someone said this already, but why don't people just use Qwinn's patch and the resolution patches (forgot if they're also Qwinn's)?
I did this. When I bought PST on GoG I found a topic there that explained it all and gave me links to mods. I found it easier than modding Bg1 (with Bg2 content).
While I am known here as a supported of BG1EE and BG:SoD even I cannot see the value in PSTEE existing or being used over PST + mods.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
To be frank, no mod offers the zoom functionality. Widescreen fixes pixelated UI, but it puts the camera at a very large distance from the ground. Only EE's zoom fixes it. I like to play the way I used to play back in the day, when I could see only a small part of the area, not the entire area at all times.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Has this been posted yet?
updates "curated" by Chris Avellone, the lead designer on the original

[EDIT: I know his involvement was posted, but I hadn't seen it mentioned that there would be substantive "updates" that he would be "curating".]

Last edited:

Delbaeth

Learned
Let's see... Torment EE - probably around $20-30 vs. Torment 4CD edition (which I won in the CD Projekt's short story contest back in 2000 - i.e. I didn't pay for it) + Widescreen Mod (free) + Widescreen GUI (free) + Unfinished Business (free) + FixPack (free) + TweakPack (free)... Hmmmm... decisions, decisions...

Few years ago, I believe it was pretty hard to find online a boxed copy for less than $40 (I mean the original one). But then Interplay released the DVD box, and IIRC they tried to add a loosy DRM inside (easily avoidable in fact). Then the GOG release.
And then prices dropped.

But now, with the EE, will the prices for original regular boxes uprise again?

Xeon

Augur
Man, kinda wish if they went for IWD2 instead of PST.

Didn't like PST all that much so will probably not get the EE for it. Will probably check if they improved combat, if they did, I might buy it then if its good. Still why PST, even new Torment apparently not that good.

Oh and still no news from Gaider's game, kinda looking for that the most.

Malpercio

Arcane
Give me a fucking break...

I don't play RPGs to get bombarded with faggot propaganda just because some person feels the need to share their mental illness/degeneracy in hopes of legitimizing it.

ME:A is a shit game, written by shit people, who focused more on jamming a pathetic agenda into a game than they did actually making that fucking game.

So fuck 'em. I hope the game sells shit. And fuck you, for thinking it's normal to have this kind of shit in a game in the first place.

Hard to believe the /v/ thread about this is better than the Codex's. Really makes you think.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Jesus fuck. So those screenshots with horrible UI were all true.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom