Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vote For Grimoire On Steam Greenlight

Sòren

Arcane
laughed really hard at the steam threads. this is so classic. haven't read such funny posts from cleve in a long time.

good luck on steam! hope everythings works out fine :salute:

aratuk

Cipher
8eac4bd4ca6667acdfd8c22300688b6f.gif

So happy. So very happy.

Saduj

Arcane
I have pledged my Greenlight vote and my Home Shopping Network replica katana sword to Grimoire.

Cudgel

Learned
Patron
This is like real life eve-online, the codex continues to deliver such interesting depths.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Just blew through a 1000+ YES votes in 14 hours which I believe is one of the most amazing records for any game on Greenlight, certainly a game that has not actually had a press release yet.
Tracking projects this game will sell 50,000 copies minimum over a one year period.
Worked on a game that received 10k votes in 12 hours with zero press coverage. Sold 30k total over a year. I wouldn't be so optimistic about the sales.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
If the price is somewhere around $39 (which I suspect), even with 10.000 copies it'll be about $300.000.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just blew through a 1000+ YES votes in 14 hours which I believe is one of the most amazing records for any game on Greenlight, certainly a game that has not actually had a press release yet.
Tracking projects this game will sell 50,000 copies minimum over a one year period.
Worked on a game that received 10k votes in 12 hours with zero press coverage. Sold 30k total over a year. I wouldn't be so optimistic about the sales.

what game? maybe it was shit

Xi

Arcane
I will buy this regardless of the overall quality of game. The demo was quite enjoyable, IMHO. The one thing I would like to see fixed is the disappearing section walls as you move. Makes the scenery seem a big off as you move from square to square.

Hopefully it sells like hot cakes and Cleave becomes a trillionaire. Good luck.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Which game was that? It is only projections and only for one day so you could be right. Which game was it?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
The one thing I would like to see fixed is the disappearing section walls as you move. Makes the scenery seem a big off as you move from square to square.

You can switch off the smooth movement, which fixes the problem.

Speaking of which, I can see a lot of people disliking the clipping issue. So maybe the best solution is to have smooth movement switched off by default in the released game. It'll play even more like Wizardry 7.

Last edited:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
But how will Robert Sirotek try to sabotage the flight of the Golden Baby? What nefarious schemes he has up his sleeve this time?

Find out soon. Same next Friday, same Grimoire thread.

Xi

Arcane
The one thing I would like to see fixed is the disappearing section walls as you move. Makes the scenery seem a big off as you move from square to square.

You can switch off the smooth movement, which fixes the problem.

Speaking of which, I can see a lot of people disliking the clipping issue. So maybe the best solution is to have smooth movement switched off by default in the released game. It'll play even more like Wizardry 7.

Awesome, good to know!

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Cleve's Steam Greenlight comment said:
I kept hoping something would happen today, maybe I would be seriously injured in a smelting accident or maybe hit by an asteroid. Despite my deep desire for it to never end, it apparently has. I guess it had to end sometime. It's as good as I can make it. My next game will be even better. I guess this one is going out now. It's everything I ever hoped it would be. In it's way it is perfect for what it is.

Your next game?

See you all in 2050!

Self-Ejected

Repulsive

Self-Ejected
Patron
Cleve's Steam Greenlight comment said:
I kept hoping something would happen today, maybe I would be seriously injured in a smelting accident or maybe hit by an asteroid. Despite my deep desire for it to never end, it apparently has. I guess it had to end sometime. It's as good as I can make it. My next game will be even better. I guess this one is going out now. It's everything I ever hoped it would be. In it's way it is perfect for what it is.

Your next game?

See you all in 2050!

Next week*

Fireblade

Erudite
The real Grimoire still has a shot at beating the impostor Grimoire to market - looks like that thing is still in early access. No comments yet from their Gloryhole Superhero Neckbeard Lawyer on this potentially alarming development.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Apologies my dude, slid into home plate just a few tenths of an hour before you posted.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
This is the only game that will never be released that can provide such levels of entertainment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom