Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I, on the other hand, got an email that my store isn't able to supply my order until the end of next week, but that they can get me an italian copy of Persona 5 if I pay them 3€ up front (WTF?).. :hmmm:

I pre ordered from another place asap.

Jinn

Arcane
Goddamn I hope my mail carrier fucks up tomorrow and accidentally delivers this early.

Hyperion

Arcane
If you ordered from Amazon, in my experience, they're usually pretty damn good about getting stuff before the estimated delivery date.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Sigh, when I ordered my "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition through Amazon months ago, I selected an old credit card by accident - a credit card that was several years expired. Amazon caught it this morning and I updated the payment information.

The sad news is that now I won't get the game till Thursday... oh well.

Repressed Homosexual
I received it already.

I don't like the way it begins in the first few hours, stupid, boring and gay. Tons of dull cutscenes and linear environments and tutorials that never end. Every single character you encounter goes out of their way to treat you like complete shit. All other Personas had a much better introduction.

I don't like the overdone "flashy" interface either, it's much too distracting and you have trouble seeing menu options in fights clearly.

I suppose it improves later on though.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I received it already.

I don't like the way it begins in the first few hours, stupid, boring and gay. Tons of dull cutscenes and linear environments and tutorials that never end. Every single character you encounter goes out of their way to treat you like complete shit. All other Personas had a much better introduction.

I don't like the overdone "flashy" interface either, it's much too distracting and you have trouble seeing menu options in fights clearly.

I suppose it improves later on though.

the tutorial is first 10 hours in p5.

deal with it

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Sigh, when I ordered my "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition through Amazon months ago, I selected an old credit card by accident - a credit card that was several years expired. Amazon caught it this morning and I updated the payment information.

The sad news is that now I won't get the game till Thursday... oh well.
But you'd have time to work. You know write games. Wouldn't that be enjoyable too?

Actually I wonder if I'd be able to run it at 3.55, I want to keep PS3 able to do programming stuff.

Red Rogue

Learned
If you ordered from Amazon, in my experience, they're usually pretty damn good about getting stuff before the estimated delivery date.

While anecdotal, I bought Gears of War 4 last year and Amazon got it to my house two days after release and didn't offer shit in the way of an apology. Though usually I've noticed I'll get my game on release day about 3-4pm.

Not that it matters. I'll be working and out of the house running errands for pretty much the next 24 hours that I'm awake. I won't get a chance to play P5 until Thursday, even if it came in right now :0-13:

Repressed Homosexual
Ok, I played it almost 5 more hours this evening, and it does pick up. They have done a great job, especially with expanding drastically the environments and shops you can visit... you can actually get lost in that subway area.

I especially like the new "Arsene Lupin" approach to dungeons, and the fact that they have done away with randomly generated Tartarus dungeons, which were too generic, for hand-made one.

Other than that, it's pretty much the same thing as the last two Personas, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as I think most people just wanted more of the same.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Yeah, the opening is slow and the interface is overdesigned. Hoping it's not a letdown compared to P3/4 considering how long it took to make this. (and the wait between P3 and 4 was only about a year)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Seems like I won't be playing this game until later this week or something. None of the stores are carrying the normal version, only the ugly as shit steel case one. I don't know who thought that those steel cases are good.

Hyperion

Arcane
Steelbook is the generic Day 1 box, isn't it?. When will they actually send in a shipment of regular boxes?

Which Steelbook art does the US/EU get?

geo.png

This one is pretty badass.

persona_5_steelbook_edition_2_raw.jpg

This...is not.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Wow i didn't pre-order and are there are no more copies ! i have to wait till 7th,,,, are we living in the 90's ?!

Doktor Best

Arcane
With all the Persona 5 hype i decided i wanted to take a quick peak into the series to see what all the fuzz is about. Should i start with Persona 3 or Persona 3 PSP? As i have found out until now it seems that Persona 3 PSP has better combat (because you can control your party members) but lacks the Anima "cutscenes". How much of the gameplay value comes from the Anime part?

drae

Augur
Go with Persona 3 PSP and watch the cutscenes on youtube or something. While the cutscenes are much more enjoyable, the retarded AI that controls your teammates in the normal version of the game will drive you bat-shit crazy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom