Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Paradigm (released)

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer

https://af.gog.com/game/paradigm?as=1649904300
http://store.steampowered.com/app/600370/

Paradigm is a surreal adventure game set in the strange and post apocalyptic Eastern European country of Krusz.

Play as the handsome mutant, Paradigm, who's past comes back to haunt him in the form of a genetically engineered sloth that vomits candy.

Paradigm’s unfortunate life begins at DUPA genetics, a company who sells prodigy children to the rich and powerful who don’t want to leave their inheritance to their poor excuse for biological children.

Something went wrong during Paradigm’s growing process and he was left horribly mutated. To save their reputation, DUPA dumped the hideous infant in a nearby post Neo-Soviet abandoned town, forcing him to fend for himself.

Paradigm didn’t let this get him down and found solace in music. He dreams of becoming the best electronic music artist the world has ever seen! Unfortunately his past is set to catch up with him and he must reluctantly step up as the world’s saviour. When really he just wants to finish his latest EP.

On his journey, Paradigm meets an array of strange characters. Some include: a psychopathic superhero, an evil sloth, a secretary knight , and a glam metal cult leader pug.

Features

• Classic point and click adventure: Think Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Space quest, Full Throttle.
  • Surreal 2D Graphics: Pixar meets Fallout
  • Post apocalyptic: The year is 2026, dial-up is back in fashion.
  • 70/80’s influences: Paradigm's world is what people from that era imagined it to be; large super computers, space age furniture and floppy disks that can save the world.
  • Mature content and dark humour: Help the local drug addict and have a hot date with a toaster.
  • Ugliest protagonist in gaming (maybe): Look at him, Jesus.
  • Evil sloth antagonist: Who is a genetically engineered living candy machine.
  • Glam metal cult: May your pants be tight and your excess be excessive.

Last edited by a moderator:

bataille

Arcane
Jesus christ, that's one of the better things I've seen this month.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I've played a little. On the good side the game is as stupid as you'd expect it to be, on the bad side it's easy.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I completed the game. It's too easy, like too many recent adventure games, though the second act is slighty better than the first one. Past that aspect the game is fine, I guess, there are many funny little details and interesting visual stuff and so on, but personally I'm at least as much disappointed as satisfied. I don't know, you have rooms with several items and you can pick up almost none of them, that's just wrong to me.
Overall I don't know, judge by yourself, but in my opinion there are better recent adventure games available at the same price.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I'm glad that at least one Kickstarter that I shilled for promoted has panned out.

EDIT: Looks to be a runaway success! Biggest small-tier adventure launch in a while, and still growing.

Last edited:

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Finished it. The game is not challenging but I'd say it's not the point. It has been a long time a game made me laugh that way.

My advice is : don't give a shit about Pewdiepie's opinion and make your own. Play the demo, look at the trailer. If you crave for more, the game will deliver it - and surprise you a few times on the way.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
I could listen to the dialogue and accents all day. Playing in short chunks to extend the pleasure.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Well, playing it right now. It oozes personality and creativity at every turn.
Very refreshing but probably not for everybody.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom