Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Temple+ Support archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceilingrat

Novice
Update: Had a think and a cuppa, turned off door re-locking thing in the temple plus launcher. Eureka! The chests, they unlock!

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Update: Had a think and a cuppa, turned off door re-locking thing in the temple plus launcher. Eureka! The chests, they unlock!
Oh right, I didn't notice that disabling the door relocking also disable the unlocking :oops: fixed, will issue patch now.

Pygmy

Novice
Another stupid question please? Can you please explain how the "Dungeon Master" console function works separately from typing into the grey bar at the bottom of the console?

By the way I found that even with several successful open lock rolls I was unable to open the chest in Welkwood Bog without cheating and using a Knock scroill (1.0.39)

Windows Defender (Windows 10 ) blocked the extraction/packing tool provided in the Templeplus modding block - instead I used the .dat extraction tool originally provided by Co8 to extract the Templeplus Character files.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Another stupid question please? Can you please explain how the "Dungeon Master" console function works separately from typing into the grey bar at the bottom of the console?
Not sure I understand your question... but generally the DM feature is meant to allow you to modify the existing encounters with a convenient UI with spawning and creature editing fearures. It's also a handy debug/testing tool ;)

By the way I found that even with several successful open lock rolls I was unable to open the chest in Welkwood Bog without cheating and using a Knock scroill (1.0.39)
Yeah, fixed that in 1.0.40, out now...

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Windows Defender (Windows 10 ) blocked the extraction/packing tool provided in the Templeplus modding block - instead I used the .dat extraction tool originally provided by Co8 to extract the Templeplus Character files.
Hey,

I just sent a false positive report to MS, and its malware detection status is listed as "Not Detected". Can you check again?

Pygmy

Novice
Hey,

I just sent a false positive report to MS, and its malware detection status is listed as "Not Detected". Can you check again?

I checked again, I double-clicked on Tio-unpack application and got a mauve box with the statement that Windows Defender was protecting me from an unknown app and I had no say in the matter

florian1

Novice
I just updated my temple+ from 1.0.24 to 1.0.40, and now it crashes immediately upon attempting to start the game. I get the message that the program "requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". Tried it several times, always the same result. I am using windows 8.1. Can anyone suggest what I might try to fix it? Thanks

florian1

Novice
Problem solved. Was still using the 1.0.24 shortcut to start the game. Switched to the V.40 shortcut, and all seems well at the moment.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Continuing random bug check. My 2nd lvl Paladin cannot find another target for his Lay on Hands than himself (does not offer possibility of conferring it to somebody else).
Couldn't replicate this.. can you send a save?

Will do as soon as I am back up to Lvl2. Started over again and will go through Welkwood Bog tonight. I will try the feature again and see if it is still wonky.

Another thing I noticed. Most of the time when I come into contact with a new map, the screen automatically goes into the mode with the options to save, load, return or quit the game.
Hi, is this still an issue? I haven't seen anyone else report it nor have I encountered it.

Also I'm in a cleanup phase before the next "big" release :)

Sitra Achara

Arcane
-a trip attack made by a monk (or any character with Improved Unarmed Strike) provokes AOOs even if it shouldn't. Same thing happens when wielding a trip-weapon
I was wondering if that's indeed by the rules. The rules are worded terribly on this, and not surprisingly people have argued for and against this:

http://secretsofthearchmages.net/Threads/WOTC/2008/Equipment and Combat/600623.html
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-72399.html
https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/z5y72/dd35_featmaneuver_question/

Seems like it could go either way, but I'll rule in favor of the Monk since it's such a shit class anyway :P

g0ld0

Novice
Continuing random bug check. My 2nd lvl Paladin cannot find another target for his Lay on Hands than himself (does not offer possibility of conferring it to somebody else).
Couldn't replicate this.. can you send a save?

Will do as soon as I am back up to Lvl2. Started over again and will go through Welkwood Bog tonight. I will try the feature again and see if it is still wonky.

Another thing I noticed. Most of the time when I come into contact with a new map, the screen automatically goes into the mode with the options to save, load, return or quit the game.
Hi, is this still an issue? I haven't seen anyone else report it nor have I encountered it.

Also I'm in a cleanup phase before the next "big" release :)
Nan, never got back to it anyway and finished the playthrough.
Please do go on to other things....
Can't wait for the magic tricks you are going to pull out of your hat....

Pygmy

Novice
I thought a Favored Soul/Sorcerer/ Mystic Theurge would be an amusing idea.... Unfortunately two classes requiring spell selection at level up defeats MT advancement so you get no Favored Soul spell advancement with MT level-up. More amusingly the Favored Soul/Sorcerer MT starts getting slots into which she can MEMORISE domain spells but she has no domain spells to memorise. For amusement value I was able to use the console command for resetting the domain_1 for clerics to give this poor unfortunate the protection from evil an Aid spells from the Good domain which she was able to memorise. I didn't notice this domain spell nonsense with a single class Favored Soul who gained spellcasting normally

I am playing 1.0.42 by the way.
Fixed 1.0.43

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
I thought a Favored Soul/Sorcerer/ Mystic Theurge would be an amusing idea.... Unfortunately two classes requiring spell selection at level up defeats MT advancement so you get no Favored Soul spell advancement with MT level-up. More amusingly the Favored Soul/Sorcerer MT starts getting slots into which she can MEMORISE domain spells but she has no domain spells to memorise. For amusement value I was able to use the console command for resetting the domain_1 for clerics to give this poor unfortunate the protection from evil an Aid spells from the Good domain which she was able to memorise. I didn't notice this domain spell nonsense with a single class Favored Soul who gained spellcasting normally

I am playing 1.0.42 by the way.

Thanks, MT didn't support FS since it was written in a non-generalized way. Fixed for next version.

Dr. Bak

Novice
I was wondering if that's indeed by the rules. The rules are worded terribly on this, and not surprisingly people have argued for and against this:

http://secretsofthearchmages.net/Threads/WOTC/2008/Equipment and Combat/600623.html
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-72399.html
https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/z5y72/dd35_featmaneuver_question/

Seems like it could go either way, but I'll rule in favor of the Monk since it's such a shit class anyway :P

The rules do not show any contradiction as written. We can only argue on what was the original intent.
My view: In 3.0 tripping didn't provoke AOO and Improved Trip's benefit was only the extra attack. In 3.5 the trip attack became unarmed by default, hence the AOO reference.

florian1

Novice
Is there some way to remove a PC via the console? Attempting it using the registry at the Welcome Wench makes the game crash every time. I am running a solo character, and then decided to change the feat selections, so I made a second character with the same stats and then leveled them up and made different feat selections. When I try to remove the original character, the game crashes every time. Using temple+ v. 40

florian1

Novice
Update on my problem. I just clicked on the ? symbol on the mini portrait, and the game asked me if I wanted to dismiss the character. And it worked!

Maybe that was the suggestion, but I had only tried to dismiss the corpse in the Inn using the register, which crashed the game

ImANarc

Novice
Hey! I'm really enjoying Temple+ (especially the new classes) but I ran into something.

At some point I can no longer cast spells or attack without the game crashing. There is an earlier save that works fine and if you want me to upload that too, I will (I didn't want to inundate y'all with a bunch of links). I have the save file and the bug report it gave me but if you need anything else I'll send it over.

https://ufile.io/gqu7x
Fixed 1.0.43

Last edited by a moderator:

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Hey! I'm really enjoying Temple+ (especially the new classes) but I ran into something.

At some point I can no longer cast spells or attack without the game crashing. There is an earlier save that works fine and if you want me to upload that too, I will (I didn't want to inundate y'all with a bunch of links). I have the save file and the bug report it gave me but if you need anything else I'll send it over.

https://ufile.io/gqu7x
Thanks, fixed for next version.
It looks like a null handle got stuck in the initiative list somehow, perhaps from a summoned creature. You should be able to work around it for now by pressing 'C' to enter combat mode and then returning to the game.

Pygmy

Novice
Having thought I was previously unaffected I am now suffering from the previously reported bug in which Templeplus 1.0.42 causes C++ to terminate in an unusual way on first entry to Hommlet - immediately after the initial introductory adventures (I have tried CG and NG) and am currently unable to start a new game

florian1

Novice
You must be this Lawful Good to continue as Paladin!
Our party's NG Cleric of Obad-Hai went Cleric4/Fighter1/Paladin1 but could not take a second Paladin level, despite being able to level in all other base classes if we chose. Uhh...

Lax rules are enabled.

Just noticed this, but did not see an answer posted. I do know that if you have one or more levels of Paladin, and you take a level in another class afterwards, you are forever blocked from taking more levels of Paladin. This is also true for Monk. It seems that "Lax Rules" does not change this rule.

Pygmy

Novice
Having thought I was previously unaffected I am now suffering from the previously reported bug in which Templeplus 1.0.42 causes C++ to terminate in an unusual way on first entry to Hommlet - immediately after the initial introductory adventures (I have tried CG and NG) and am currently unable to start a new game
I find the savegame I tried failed in the same way - I think my proto.tab and character class modding might have been responsible - a full re-install seems in order SORRY

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom