Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie DrDungeon's Ultizurk and MADMAN Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Soon. Seeing what happens now that there's the new Steam Direct and how it affects already greenlit games.

It doesn't affect them. Your game is still eligible for release.

DrDungeon

Developer
This is daunting, to say the least. I'm now in the process of configuring & setting up everything through the Steam "pipe" and the myriad of tools in Steamworks. I must admit I'm feeling a bit humbled - after programming thousands of lines of code
for Madman, I thought this would be pretty easy but there are so many aspects of the whole process with so many tools and such that its taking me some time to get my head around all this. I'm in contact with a fellow developer who has a game on Steam getting some advice.
There's a lot going on here. I'll post updates. My understanding is that when all this is done, it will be about a month until it actually gets released.

Weasel
Good luck :salute:

(you could also ask Cleveland Mark Blakemore for advice as he seems to be mastering the Steam release system)

DrDungeon

Developer
I'm happy to report that my fellow developer friend has got madman uploaded to Steam! I actually downloaded and played from the Steam app itself!!
Not quite ready for the public yet - need to make the store. But getting the game to work with Steam was the hard part.
I'm almost done with the assets needed for the store but stuck on a little point and hoping someone knows something.
At one point they need two 32x32 icons. One is a .bmp or .jpg The other is a true windows .ico file, of the same image.
I tried everywhere online to convert a .bmp to an .ico but no luck so far. There is quite a difference in a TRUE windows .ico file (some people mistakenly think you just change the extension but that's not true!)

Anyone know of or have any REAL software - or a site that does this properly? Hard to believe this little thing is the only thing holding me up! Thanks, - Dr. D.

Weasel
I tried everywhere online to convert a .bmp to an .ico but no luck so far. There is quite a difference in a TRUE windows .ico file (some people mistakenly think you just change the extension but that's not true!)

Anyone know of or have any REAL software - or a site that does this properly? Hard to believe this little thing is the only thing holding me up! Thanks, - Dr. D.

Pretty sure in the past I just used GIMP/Photoshop to save ico files, but someone I know recommended this one (free for first 30 days)
http://icofx.ro/

DrDungeon

Developer
That worked, Zorba! Thanks! We are almost there. I set up the store and have my friend double-checking for a few tweaks like in the spacing of the description, which was oddly tricky. Almost there!

DrDungeon

Developer
All is done. The store page and the madman build (their word for the game) have been officially submitted for review.
This means the steam people must check that the store page is set up properly and that the game functions as advertised. They say it takes about 2-3 days.
So its in Steam's hands now. If it goes through - we expect it to, it can then be released to the public on the store anytime. Dr. Dungeon & The Wizard's Guild

PeeWee

Augur
It has been over 11 months since I wrote something in this thread, so I think I should say something now.

First, Dr. Dungeon, congratulations for releasing "MadMan" on Steam.

Second, for those of you who do not know it: some bad news. Dr. Dungeon’s site,
http://www.machgryphon.com/
, is down.

PrettyDeadman

Why was that game in my wishlist? Is it any good? I'd probably refund some of my anime girl games in my steam library in order to purchase this. No I finally feel like buying into anime was a good investment.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any codex commentary on this?

Review,? Preview?

It looks good but i will hear someone's opinion first. I just founf out about this, can the creator answer some questions?

What type of game is it? (Too lazy to read the whole thread) isvit purely dungeon crawling or there will be classic structire like towns, quests, etc?

Does it have skill checks and multiple ways to do quest?

Combat /character building overview?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Review,? Preview?

It looks good but i will hear someone's opinion first. I just founf out about this, can the creator answer some questions?

What type of game is it? (Too lazy to read the whole thread) isvit purely dungeon crawling or there will be classic structire like towns, quests, etc?

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9490

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

Review,? Preview?

http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9490
skimmed a bit because i am so tired

Aaaaaaaan sold. I will fucking buy this tomorrow. Probably not play it immediatelly, but it hits all the right spot from my skim of the article.

Probably will play this aftrr i am done with dragons dogma and the upcoming trails of cold steel

DrDungeon

Developer
UPDATE! Version 1.4 will soon be available!

Based on user feedback and general tweaks:

- Portraits have been modified to reflect the overall style
of the game. They are more like stenciled paintings now.

- Ranged weapons were a bit over-powered. Now adjusted.

- Steal skill is better now. The check no longer occurs
upon taking the object, but on putting it in your
inventory and walking away. Let's you inspect the goods. :)

- Player is occasionally reminded to camp. This is important
for the dream sequences and moving the story along.

- An important and useful item is now easier to get near the
early parts of the game, involving the Water Witch.

- Lantern now properly lights up monsters at night and in
dungeons, making targeting much easier.

- These are in addition to some of the updates since the
original version - for example the doubling-up of the inventory
and more stack-able items.

Further feedback is always welcome. Enjoy! - Dr. D.

DrDungeon

Developer
Forgot to mention. (This ought to get a few brofists) - we'll be reducing the price to 9.99 as soon as Steam allows. :) :) :)

DrDungeon

Developer
Well, Hobo, it seems 10 is a kind of magic number of sorts when it comes to selling games like this, and in truth I should have done a launch discount. I did indeed get some sales but there are many more on the wishlist. The wish list usually indicates those who plan to buy
when an item goes on sale. My one friend, who made nearly 30,000 on his game, showed me his sales report for a few months after his release last year and it was amazing how the sales spiked during sales. It was like hundreds in one day. Perhaps impulse buyers. If I had done this at launch, it would have shown the 14.99 crossed out with the 9.99 or 33% - people tend to buy when they see that. Funny thing is I once saw Spiderweb's "Nethergate" for like 3 dollars and I bought it right away.
Also - Steam is pretty good with this - they feature games on sale near the front of the store and apparently email those who have games on their wish list. This has been a really big lesson for me in pricing of games. Especially with Steam as there has been quite an influx of games,
and especially now with their new "Direct" system instead of Greenlight. I kinda feel happy I got a real greenlight! :)

hogcranker

Novice
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This is a pretty niche game, so don't go too far down too quickly! People who are really invested in getting games in underserved genres are willing to spend in ways that people buying random games they see on sale won't.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Yeah, suddenly reducing price will devalue your game and probably piss off early buyers. I dont really mind since the change is probably incremental, but early reduction that early wont be good.

Plus price reduction iirc wont give any notification but a being on a weekly sale will send email to wishlister.

Your best bet right now is just wait, in a month go for a flash sale (preferably around end of the month during payday because self explanatory and thats my experience of when i buy games too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom