Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Actually, based on the huge initial interest in SCL and the very positive response from D:OS 2's GM mode (although a lot more limited in that it's only live modules), quite a lot of people do want this.

But it is a lot of work to do it well; a half-assed effort is probably worse than not doing it at all and dedicating those resources elsewhere.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
What people want is god damn implementation of P&P rules RTWP or TB with fucking module editor! (aks NWN) There are still folks who make modules for NWN and NWN2 and folks who play!

Not everyone wants that.

Actually, based on the huge initial interest in SCL and the very positive response from D:OS 2's GM mode (although a lot more limited in that it's only live modules), quite a lot of people do want this.

I know I do. I just wish it was properly turn based instead of the RTwP trash of NWN. I was very dissapointed to hear Larian's GM mode was not going to have standalone sp modules.

Count me in the other camp. My biggest disappointment with NWN was that its OC was just utter shit. I didn't buy the game to eventually play other people's amateur campaigns.

(I do understand that many other people feel differently.)

((My next biggest disappointment; NWN's shitty 3d, the tile layout which made everything feel, if not look, the same, that horrible radial menu, and the dance of death, which looked cool until the PC decided to dance you right into a trap, killing you)
And you must be your parents biggest disappointment.

No doubt. Thanks for participating.

(I do understand that many other people feel differently.)

Yes, because they have good taste and are not idiots.

That could be it, but I'm not sure you're fit to judge either way. :)

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
santino27 i have grown some respect for you mate.Most fags on the codex couldn't take a little bit of friendly banter.:bro:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What can i say?!I am naturally gifted codexer.Some people spend their whole live on the codex and learn nothing,others are just born ready for the codex.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
From concept artist's portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/artist/amycornelson/albums/553123

86tIFrB.jpg

Clock GUI

Ideation for a clock concept that would fit into a project's GUI.

INDubpS.jpg

Trickster

A design of an ancient and trickster-like character that I worked on.

im9mtgr.jpg

The Ancient and Cast Down Lord

A character design I did for Beamdog. A once powerful being, this ancient being has since been cast down.

CGZ5Ocs.jpg

Minotaur

A cultist Minotaur character design I did for Beamdog. A powerful and brutal being with a high level of intelligence.

bTRfZih.jpg

Axe Designs

Headsman's axe designs I did for Beamdog. For this character in particular (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/LwmJk)

:philosoraptor:

You can see more at the link.

-----

Also, apparently Phillip Daigle has been promoted to Studio Director.

Athelas

Arcane
That trickster character looks exactly like the description of Baphomet (who is worshipped by minotaurs) from a 4th edition supplement.

Considering the other piece of concept art is of a minotaur, that can't be a coincidence.

Baphomet, Demon Lord of Minotaurs
"The White Prince," "The Senile King"

Baphomet, King of Demonkind and Rightful Lord and Champion of the Abyss, is quite a pathetic figure these days. Once tall, muscled, and malign, Baphomet is now stooped, balding, and weak. Where the power and majesty of the Firstborn once reigned, only confusion and dotage remain.

The White Prince's hair---including the few patches of his body hair that remain---is an almost-angelic snow white hue, and is braided in a nine-foot long, flowing ponytail. Intertwined among the loops are small mementos of past conquests: all 56 finger bones of the Daemon Masters Uelirandrinqol and Luirnwalvriq, both slain by Baphomet millennia ago

I've uncovered the storyline for Beamdog's next game: Baphomet's attempt to regain his power. :cool:

Also: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/baphomet-prince-beasts

BAPHOMET TODAY

Twenty-seven years after The Throne of Bloodstone, Baphomet finally makes his return in adventures this year. Though the Prince of Beasts doesn’t play a large part in Out of the Abyss, his servants feature in that adventure—as does a twisting network of Underdark passages known as the Labyrinth, where the Horned King’s followers await their master’s rise.
It's from last year, but the timing is close enough.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The designs are a bit kitsch. That tree-like character with the horns looks like the delemgan from PoE. Also, Baphomet is both balding and has flowing, luxuriously white 9-foot hair? 'K.

Last edited:

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

Does anyone see the gui border that has been created on the right side of the clock decorations picture? It almost looks like webbing but I truly hope it is not because I do not have confidence in Beamdog putting together a Drow story nor would I want to see one but take a look at the the right side with the big square box large enough to put a portrait and then on the left side of the clock decoration the options gui for the game. what I do not like about the clock decorations is that I think daytime should not be blue background but yellow or orange like the day and then use the blue and silver for night and moon cycles. interesting enough to follow and keep updated on!

Thanks,
Sherry

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Now that Sherry mentioned it, it does look like a GUI frame. A ridiculously overdesigned GUI. I suppose it depends on the whole aesthetic, though.

Last edited:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Now that Sherry mentioned it, it does look like a GUI frame. A ridiculously overdesigned GUI. I suppose it depends on the whole aesthetic, though.

If they use that thing for a GUI frame, I will boycott every one of their games forever.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I will have to kill them if they use that thing for a GUI.

If they use that thing for a GUI frame, I will boycott every one of their games forever.

I feel like just killing them all would probably have been sufficient. Not buying any of their games after you've already murdered them seems like unnecessary piling on. :D

Iznaliu

Arbiter
I feel like just killing them all would probably have been sufficient. Not buying any of their games after you've already murdered them seems like unnecessary piling on. :D

I actually agree with you; I think buying them would be be better so I can burn them and release toxic fumes.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oh right, there's also this. May or may not related to the D&D CRPG: (note: a lot of images) https://www.artstation.com/artwork/W9mmX

2012-2016 Beamdog Misc.

Created organic 3D Models/Environments for several titles using Max, Maya, 3D Coat and Unreal.

Some highlights and curiosities:

2urOQwM.jpg

Filename is "pat."

23CBlWM.jpg

P0ZyyV5.jpg

"mausoleum."

W4XMEDf.jpg

"computerdevice."

rwHHtZh.jpg

DPWQWix.jpg

"gargolye."

MXWElBT.jpg

"ogre."

hfgq6f5.jpg

"plant"

He has separated entries for works on BG:EE and SoD if you're interested. (Interestingly he's old enough to have worked on Final Fantasy 9 back in the days, and he recently worked on ME: Andromeda.)

SwiftCrack

Arcane
It's like they copied Blizz's design for orcs, spikes everywhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom