Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gladiator Management game?

illuknisaa

Cipher
Guys do you know game where you manage a team of gladiators. You can hire various fantasy creatures and equipt them. You can then fight against other teams in a turn based combat.

I remember playing this game about 17 years ago. It didn't have very good graphics and it might have been made by Finns.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
http://www.jonneweb.net/pelit/file/421/areena-5/

areena5.jpg

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Johtoporras toivoo, että nostat joukkueesi pois häpeällisestä mutadivarista mahdollisimman nopeasti.
jounixor said:
vittu en usko etta voitte noin moni olla noin vitun viisaita. taa ei ole mikaan sarkastinen paska viesti vaan oikeasti! Kaikki rune nyypat pelaa vaan runea ja sanoo et se on parempi ku wow ja wowi nortit rupee sit larppareiksi ja tappaa itsensa ja sanoo senki jalkee et wow on paras mut molemmat on paskoja.. AREEN 5 owns. ite pelaan kyl liero xtremea mut oon pelannu areena5stakin. tuo on siis paras. Kannattaa pelata mieluummin noita pikkusia 1 - 90 mbitin peleja (esim: adom, Lierox, areena 5, Phobia 2-3, jne...) kuin noita massa peleja esim. rune ja wow. niista tulee hulluksi. cssan pelaajatki koko ajan huutaa: BOOOOM HEEEET SOOOT!! ninku joku hullu.... mut kyl niita joskus niita massojaki peleja kannnattaa pelata... tai sit kannatta olla vaan koneella ja teha jotain animaatiota Flash MXilla tai sit 3D juttuja Endorphinilla.... :)

Uncle Skull

Educated
Is there a translated version of this somewhere? I cannot be bothered to look, but I am guessing not.

Ebonsword

Arcane
I know the OP already found the game he was looking for, but for those looking for other games in the genre, there's also Gladius (I played it on the Xbox--I don't think it ever received a PC port).

gladius_050902_bevel1.jpg

Mark Richard

Arcane
Age of Gladiators is a very interesting management game about running a stable of gadiators. It is very non-graphic oriented, but still a very compelling and enjoyable game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/442500/Age_of_Gladiators/

And, they are working on Age of Gladiators 2, that takes it into the future. It's due out soon, and also looks like a blast.
Interesting, I may keep an eye out for the sequel. It reminds me a little of Imperium: Arena of Death, but that game puts more emphasis on the combat itself and has those descriptive text prompts from old football manager games. Unfortunately they're not written very well.

'Homunculus advances and takes a hard swing with his sword at Maximus and the opponent easily and quickly ducks away from the sword.'

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The next two are not strictly gladiator management games:

crown champions:

I haven't tested it, but it has very positive reviews on steam.
It looks like a JRPG where you are the head of small gladiatoral team.
However, the negative ones mention automated combat with zero decision to make.

There is also an old multiplayer webgame, Battle Arenas.
You manage your gladiators (spend skill points, buy gear), then go FFA in large arenas.
You get action points back every hours.
I haven't played for years, but it was nice when I did (something like 10 years ago?).

2.jpg

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
Domina:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/535230/Domina/

I wish there was more to do in the game after you've figured it out, but it's still a fun little game to kill some time. Wait for it to go on sale. It's kind of like the Spartacus TV series that was out on Showtime a few years back. Great soundtrack. Game is very auto-pilot though, much easier to let the AI do everything for you in the arena combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom