Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
just got home, eating a whopper in honor of cleve..

where's the 120th minute patch?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Lady Error - why disagree? I wasn't thinking about throwing the current interface out of the game, but merely about adding the new one as well. You could still choose between Classic and Modern UI in the options, just like you can do now with stepping and turning. This would undoubtedly increase the potential customer base.

I think it would be too much work that needs to be spent elsewhere. And the big screen is not even practical, considering the inventory, some UI buttons and the info box would be hidden. I also doubt that the big screen would attract the right kind of customers - more likely whiners who will uninstall it after 5 minutes.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Has anybody tried loading a savegame from the superdemo in full game? If it works then we may not have to wait for a new demo after all.

Not bloodly likely.

However, the character library might actually be compatible, its size appears the same (rpg100.lib). If you spent weeks rolling those 8 dudes with 32 bonus and good hp/mana in superdemo, chance are, you won't have to do it again. Trying copying it from demo to complete game.

A Library editor is a feature in DECLINE. Spent 30 hours rolling a special character? Now you can copy and paste it into a new library slot.

Zep--
or just cheat engine a good roll

DECLINE is better..it has...descriptions and shit...not magical hex numbers.

Zep--

Can anyone tell me if this is worth getting right now? I'm not sweating the four dollar discount, and I probably owe Cleve a full retail purchase anyway, but I don't want to waste time and money. Mostly the former.
Depends. If you don't really care for the discount, I'd wait. The game is playable and fun, but will be much easier to recommend once it loses the crashes, has an actual manual, etc.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
I'm positively TERRIFIED that gog's "curators" will reject this game, especially since the Steam reviews seem to be pretty poor so far.

Dammit, Cleve, I WANT to give you my money! But not if Gaben takes a 30% cut.

you're ok with giving a 30% cut to polish people but not to gaben?

why?
we don't like steam's crappy malware and DRM? its lack of standards? its moronic community?
what the fuck are you doing here? do you even know where you are?

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I'm positively TERRIFIED that gog's "curators" will reject this game, especially since the Steam reviews seem to be pretty poor so far.

why?
we don't like steam's crappy malware and DRM? its lack of standards? its moronic community?
what the fuck are you doing here? do you even know where you are?
Probably from /v/. They absolutely love fellating steam because they have no standards or respect for themselves or basic human decency.

Mustawd

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

One bug and one suggestion:

1. suggestion is that when reading the story...when you reach the end the Next button is still highlighted. I would just recommend making it fade out so Exit and Prev are your only options.

2. Bug. Happened when I alt tabbed to another program. Dual monitor setup. Tried alt tabbing to a program that's on the same screen as the game. I did it a few times and the hand cursor will kinda freeze and show the image of where it was when I alt tabbed. It only copies it like a max of two times. Which is why you see 3 cursors. Also the weird buttons on either side of the screen.

NfrnIgR.png

IronMaiden

Novice
I never post, but had to this time in honor of Grimoire. It is pretty freaking good. Really takes me back to Wiz 7. Yeah it has some bugs, mine crashed trying to go into the pit in Sanctuary, but it didn't happen on reload, but what do you expect on a game this size. Spent a good 90 minutes on a party and another hour or so playing and it just "feels" right. Maybe my jock is too tight, but I think this is going to be a big fun game.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anybody tried loading a savegame from the superdemo in full game? If it works then we may not have to wait for a new demo after all.

Not bloodly likely.

However, the character library might actually be compatible, its size appears the same (rpg100.lib). If you spent weeks rolling those 8 dudes with 32 bonus and good hp/mana in superdemo, chance are, you won't have to do it again. Trying copying it from demo to complete game.

A Library editor is a feature in DECLINE. Spent 30 hours rolling a special character? Now you can copy and paste it into a new library slot.

Zep--

I don't need an editor because I roll well. But my friend who isn't me wants to know if this editor is available to download anywhere? Is it like the "cosmic forge" for Grimoire?

Apexeon

Arcane
Its the old school fix I needed.

Masterpiece. The magnum opus of Blobbers.

Last edited:

jfunk

Augur
Cleveland Mark Blakemore , send the goddamn keys already! :argh:
Just buy it again. When we get our keys, our Christmas shopping will be sorted. Mothers deserve some incline in their lives just as much as anyone else.

I have no problem buying it again. I fully intend to gift at least a copy or two. My only concern is that the backer keys will somehow be different/tracked in comparison to retail keys. So maybe, for example, when it comes time for GOG release I won't be eligible with a regular retail Steam key attached to my account instead of a backer key. Cleve has not answered any of my attempts to gather that information from him. If he'd just let me know that there is no difference between retail and backer keys, I'll buy it immediately.

In the meantime I'm kind of in limbo toying around with my friend's copy while he's on vacation, but not wanting to put too much into it until I have it properly registered to myself.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
So maybe, for example, when it comes time for GOG release I won't be eligible with a regular retail Steam key attached to my account instead of a backer key. Cleve has not answered any of my attempts to gather that information from him. If he'd just let me know that there is no difference between retail and backer keys, I'll buy it immediately.
I may be wrong, but I find it highly unlikely that it's even possible to connect a Steam copy to a GOG copy. They're competing businesses.

The best you're likely to miss is some silly "I'm a backer!" badge for you Steam account. He's had enough trouble with one version of the game without having to maintain another more exclusive version in tandem.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

why?

Personally i have all my classic CRPGs on GOG. As far as i am concerned, even if it turns out to not be good, Grimoire is a classic piece of history i'd like to have around.

Besides, a DRM-free "setup_grimoire.exe" installer is always nice to have stored on my external hard disk alongside the others.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I may be wrong, but I find it highly unlikely that it's even possible to connect a Steam copy to a GOG copy. They're competing businesses.

The best you're likely to miss is some silly "I'm a backer!" badge for you Steam account. He's had enough trouble with one version of the game without having to maintain another more exclusive version in tandem.

https://www.gog.com/connect

also pretty sure it just goes by the appid on steam, so any way you own that product (steam key or store purchase) would work

Last edited by a moderator:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual

Not bloodly likely.

Zep--

I don't need an editor because I roll well. But my friend who isn't me wants to know if this editor is available to download anywhere? Is it like the "cosmic forge" for Grimoire?

It looks like this:

Grimoire-CT-2.PNG

Zep--

jfunk

Augur
Alright, I can't wait anymore you fucks convinced me. I'll just gift my backer key whenever Cleve gets around to sending it.

jfunk

Augur
Alright, I can't wait anymore you fucks convinced me. I'll just gift my backer key whenever Cleve gets around to sending it.

Ill 1v1 you in chess for it.

Also hows everyone doing in it so far?

What's your excuse for not buying it yourself? Kinda new to be begging for keys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom