Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Polanski

Scholar
Any party-building and general tips for someone who has never really played a blobber before?

Fighters in front, mages in back. Always include a Ranger and a Thief?

RatTower

Arcane
Developer
I'm still torn between playing this or actually looking into wizardry 6.
Missing manual is kind of a dealbreaker for me at the moment.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
edit: nevermind,
put the owl in the alcove and found the passage
I tried that randomly, was there a hint somewhere that I missed?

You wake up with no memories next to a shrine to the owl, and a peculiar figurine of an owl just appears on you out of the blue. How's that for a hint? :smug:
Still wondering whether there's an alternative route for the starts without an owl figurine.

Also for the eerie wastes starring area. Seems like that skull may not be obtainable unless you start there.

PrettyDeadman

It appears that the game has some kind of level/ability score scaling.
I used editor to give my party member high stats (for testing) and enemies I encountered were much much tougher compared to what I normally encountered playing with test party.

Zenyrrah

Augur
Patron
I used editor to give my party member high stats (for testing) and enemies I encountered were much much tougher compared to what I normally encountered playing with test party.

The genius :)

GlutenBurger

Cipher
mondblut said:
Don't know about paralysis other than a lucky scroll or potion in treasure chests.
ARGH really ?
First area, still not visited town, and most awesome warrior is already paralyzed by hostile vegetables :negative:.
I think staff of resurrection cures it. You're guaranteed one in shrine of raptor. Don't want to boot game to make sure because I need to get to bed.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual

No, it just seems that way sometimes...Cleve's game rolls crazy dice.

Zep--

PrettyDeadman

Zep--
Giving yourself 2x stats and hp doesn't seem to make the game easier at the beginning.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Why can't my vampyr be a necromancer, when it is suggested as a career?

Much like in Wizardry, classes have stat requisites. After you level and raise them you might be able to take that class. Otherwise try to roll a real high bonus.

Unfortunately as we lack the manual we have fragmentary knowledge of the requisites for classes and the racial bonuses.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual

Zep--
Giving yourself 2x stats and hp doesn't seem to make the game easier at the beginning.

I rolled with Golden Armor and whatever the best xDx swords were from the item list. Game (SuperDemo) was a cakewalk. Most battles ended before the first round was over and I don't remember going past 2 rounds even on a boss.

I did it with 2 human warriors and 2 casters. Whack Whack, Sleep, Dead.

Zep--

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
You rolled badly.

Some classes like jester and pirate simply can't be rolled at start, but a vamp can get necromancer on a high roll.
Is a vamp even worth it? I keep seeing that debuff he has when in sunlight and think hes just going to be too squishy most times.

Im still experimenting with builds and know I wont be making my final party until I get the ?game manuel? but anyone play with the vamp at all?

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The game can't contain the golden baby's inclinations.

tymtyjtyjn.jpg
HOW THE FUCK did you mangage to get windowed mode to run? Digging your character names, btw.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
The game can't contain the golden baby's inclinations.

tymtyjtyjn.jpg
HOW THE FUCK did you mangage to get windowed mode to run? Digging your character names, btw.
Just dont use the stretch screen option or whatever its called and it runs flawlessly..

Ive been in windowed the whole time because alt/tab doesnt work right for me and playing grim-wah while posting on the codex is double incline.

Polanski

Scholar

Much like in Wizardry, classes have stat requisites. After you level and raise them you might be able to take that class. Otherwise try to roll a real high bonus.

Unfortunately as we lack the manual we have fragmentary knowledge of the requisites for classes and the racial bonuses.
Is there somewhere I can see those requisites?

Namutree

Savant
Rolled out my first party. Didn't know what I was doing. Lost a guy on my first fight against worms. IT'S LE HARD!!!!

Music is great. The environment of the opening area looks great too. The quality of the optional character portraits range from good to awful.

Game ran smooth for me. So no complaints on that end. It's like it was made for my Windows 10 laptop.

Overall, my first impression is that once I have a clue of what I'm doing I'll be in for a good 600 hours. Will definitely be worth the learning curve.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

Dear Cleveland Mark Blakemore,

I would like to take this moment to personally apologize to you for getting very upset at you some days ago when again, you failed to meet a release date for your Grimoire game. The building momentum to the countdown, everyone participating and just having a good time looking forward to being able to play the game and then nothing, upset me a little bit. There are words I typed at the time I am ashamed to have wrote and I am sorry I was taught if you do not have anything nice to say don't say anything at all and on August 1 I did not take a moment to step back and instead let that build up of excitement turn to disappointment which ultimately turned into a hateful post toward you.

I cannot imagine others who became excited by your game early on in its development and were let down time and again how that made them feel but you deserve a pat on the back for finally reaching the finish line when everyone else finished long ago.

After showing my kids your game none of them seemed very interested in wanting to try or play your game I am sorry and it is really not up my alley either after watching a few Twitch streams yesterday where I met my friend Jinn with a shout-out it was pretty cool to see them there and maybe it was the same stream you were watching too?

But because I truly feel bad about words I threw at you that evening I thought it can't be that bad right? Right??

5hlBaHG.jpg

I am sorry.

Thanks,
Sherry

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
You know what is amazing? Reading comments from people like stabwound or Doctor Sbaitzo or even Jaesun who mocked and hassled Mr Blakemore and now are playing, enjoying and actually making positive contributions and comments to this most holy of threads... that is the true Incline how this game can cause all true fans of RPGs to come together and just enjoy it
I can wait for my Steam Key, I played the heck out of the Superdemo and plan on vegging all day tomorrow with a cheese pizza, a big 2 liter Coke and a Grimoire all nighter

Delivering on promises made to backers is enough for the conversation to change. With that done, you have to appreciate the dedication, and in the face of so much doubt (much of it warranted), for so very long.

If you can't appreciate the release you are just being an ass.

Aside from that, playing this game is like opening a 20 year old CRPG time capsule, and that is a good thing.

The fabled path to this release, the ties with Sirotech, the fact I love the games that inspired Grimoire, and pages upon pages of entertaining prose from Cleve, for the initiated, make this one of the most anticipated titles evar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom