Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
mondblut What is the key I got from Mistral's body used for? It doesn't open the St. George's tomb's gate and I can't go down on Black licht dungeons thanks to darkness.

Uh uh? It does work. That key (from the ghost?) gets you to 'ol George's bones.
Wich key from the ghost ? I've finished spirit caves at 100% and i have no special key in my inventory....Cannot open st george gate either.
Defeat the Lich. There is a skeleton there, it's mistral's. Bring it back to catacombs, place him in the secret room, his soul gives you the key.
You are speaking aobut the catacombs in crusade temple ? i cant get a key for that either.
Gorlo has the key. Best way to get it from him is by charm and then ask for the key. You can kill him or rob him too.
Ok thanks that was not clear at all, could have looked for ages. I frown upon killing quest npcs, you never know if it wont break something later in the story.

I stumbled upon that quite by accident. Gorlo said something about being too busy to go with us and I asked him 'Can we help you.' He then rambled on about books and a tome he needed fetching from the catacombs, we could have the key if we agreed.

I'm finding 'Can we help you' quite a good sentence for getting stuff out of NPC's. Also, I hope you asked Smithers about 'Loogmar'. That started a conversation that ended with some interesting info as well.

Viata

Arcane
mondblut What is the key I got from Mistral's body used for? It doesn't open the St. George's tomb's gate and I can't go down on Black licht dungeons thanks to darkness.

The key is for a grate within the tomb. The entrance to the tomb, I always picked the lock.

What darkness? Once you enter the cenotaph, the rest is pretty straightforward (in a way).
Way deep into the dungeon. Past the Ukrul part, you see some eyes all over the screen during that part. And yeah, picked the lock too.

Deep sink project? You'll have to endure darkness, it's important place.
Ok thanks.

Mortmal

Arcane

Uh uh? It does work. That key (from the ghost?) gets you to 'ol George's bones.
Wich key from the ghost ? I've finished spirit caves at 100% and i have no special key in my inventory....Cannot open st george gate either.
Defeat the Lich. There is a skeleton there, it's mistral's. Bring it back to catacombs, place him in the secret room, his soul gives you the key.
You are speaking aobut the catacombs in crusade temple ? i cant get a key for that either.
Gorlo has the key. Best way to get it from him is by charm and then ask for the key. You can kill him or rob him too.
Ok thanks that was not clear at all, could have looked for ages. I frown upon killing quest npcs, you never know if it wont break something later in the story.

I stumbled upon that quite by accident. Gorlo said something about being too busy to go with us and I asked him 'Can we help you.' He then rambled on about books and a tome he needed fetching from the catacombs, we could have the key if we agreed.

I'm finding 'Can we help you' quite a good sentence for getting stuff out of NPC's. Also, I hope you asked Smithers about 'Loogmar'. That started a conversation that ended with some interesting info as well.
No i havent thanks.

lorn

Educated
By the way, that random stat increase on levelup. I'm level 5 now, my warrior has more magic points than my sage. Lol.

I'm finding 'Can we help you' quite a good sentence for getting stuff out of NPC's.

For me, this just causes to answer to 'you', i.e. they tell about themselves

biggestboss

Liturgist
Oh, I didn't know this was a thread. I'll be asking my stupid questions here instead of the release thread.

Palikka

Arcane
I can't find Mistrals skeleton :(
I killed the Lich but didn't see any skeletons on the ground.. should it be near the Lich? I left the caves quite some time ago and can't even remember where the Lich fight was.. it was in the room with the chest and the toxic fountain, right?

biggestboss

Liturgist
I just killed the Lich as well and I'm not exactly sure where to go from here. I have a Key of the Mysteries from the Catacombs, is that from Mistral's remains?

Viata

Arcane
I can't find Mistrals skeleton :(
I killed the Lich but didn't see any skeletons on the ground.. should it be near the Lich? I left the caves quite some time ago and can't even remember where the Lich fight was.. it was in the room with the chest and the toxic fountain, right?
Keep looking around with detect secret activated.

I have a Key of the Mysteries from the Catacombs, is that from Mistral's remains?
Mistral gives you Key of Saints after you put his skeleton inside the catacombs.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Oh ffs, where do I get the stepping stones?

I've done 100% on every map (even including stepping on lava...), I have no idea how I could've missed them.

Bocian

Arcane
My ass is too lazy to dig through the thread - has anyone got any tutorial/tips/manual for character creation, what classes to take,where to put points etc.?

biggestboss

Liturgist
Yeah, just got the Key of Saints, which I assume opens the door to the Tomb of St. George - or at least I hope it is as intuitive as that.

As for character creation tips, I recommend making 3-4 melee guys, one of which can lock picks, and the rest spellcasters including a Bard or Sage that can use musical instruments which makes the game way easier.

youhomofo

Augur
Found a well-hidden secret item that would be of use early on. Easy to miss!

In the Briarpatchwoods east of the locked chest is a short path that ends in a dead-end. Searching and detect secret pick up nothing. However, if you sleep at the very end of the path you'll find a wand with 32 charges of blinding flash!

Think outside the box.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
If anyone needs to reinstall the game know that doing this deletes your character library unless you back it up, apparently the file is named "RPG100.LIB"

My ass is too lazy to dig through the thread - has anyone got any tutorial/tips/manual for character creation, what classes to take,where to put points etc.?

There's some information on some of this thrown about this thread, do some searching. Most of it is unknown, but that's half the fun.

vorvek

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Found a well-hidden secret item that would be of use early on. Easy to miss!

In the Briarpatchwoods east of the locked chest is a short path that ends in a dead-end. Searching and detect secret pick up nothing. However, if you sleep at the very end of the path you'll find a wand with 32 charges of blinding flash!

Think outside the box.

I think that's a safe haven, because I slept there (and got the stick) and my sape brain is physically uncapable of finding secrets.

Viata

Arcane

I've done 100% on every map (even including stepping on lava...), I have no idea how I could've missed them.

Just found them. Deepsink Project(Lich dungeon). Inside a ore you find there and crush it also there.
If you have the egg(the real one), crush it also there.

Sodium

Literate

there is an ore vain in the deepsink projekt where you find some strage ore.
take it to the rock crushing device ( same floor ) and you get the stepping stones

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So yeah, silver spoons remove cursed items. The 3D4 cursed bone dagger is a one-time attack item though, then it disappears. It has some spell against the undead in it.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Is there a table out there that shows what the minimum stats are for each class? I've dug up a few tables that show what rolls you need to unlock classes at the beginning, but I'm talking about for classes like pirate, assassin, and jester that must be muti-classed into later.

The class requirements are in the top column - don't know about the other three classes.

image.jpg

Lord Andre

Arcane
So yeah, silver spoons remove cursed items. The 3D4 cursed bone dagger is a one-time attack item though, then it disappears. It has some spell against the undead in it.

I found that the spoon is not strong enough to remove the mask and had to use a remove curse potion instead. So some cursed objects are more cursed than others...

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Just found them. Deepsink Project(Lich dungeon). Inside a ore you find there and crush it also there.

I crushed the
egg
first... Can't crush the ore anymore after that.

Had to reset the damn thing with the lever first.

"#¤"#¤&¤&#!"&¤"#&%"&%€££65363!!!

Oh well, at least I got every secret in every map now...

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Check out page 6. It's not a handholding tutorial as such, but useful information for character creation. Get a Bard to make your life easier, the two tanks on the front should be Nagas or Saurian. Cooper says you need a Sage - I don't have one, so we'll see.

Viata

Arcane

I crushed the egg first... Can't crush the ore anymore after that.

Had to reset the damn thing with the lever first.

"#¤"#¤&¤&#!"&¤"#&%"&%€££65363!!!

Oh well, at least I got every secret in every map now...
Why you couldn't? I could keep trying over and over by pulling the lever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom