Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
sJM7r4l.png

According to the description, Barrower has a (+5) bonus in STR, WIS and DEV. But if you look at the initial attributes, the bonii are in WIS, STR and CON, not in DEV. Also, check the huge (10) penalty in MET. Or am I doing something wrong? I'm reading the info wrong and those bonii and penalties are applied somewhere else?

Last edited:

youhomofo

Augur
Any way to get more detailed info on monsters? So I identified a monster. Do I only get to see its name? Is there no more info available?

Speaking of monster info, is there any way to see how much health a specific monster has or anything like that?

It's cool if there isn't. I'm just wondering if I'm missing some kind of command or window or something. I'm actually putting together a notebook for Grimoire. I've been writing down names of creatures along with notes and observations. I never actually played an RPG like this before. I've always relied on either in-game information or guides. This is twisting my brain in all kinds of good ways. Anyway, off I go on tangents. Time to get back into the game!

Danthar

Novice
With Detect Secrets, is it necessary to face every wall or will it blink per cell instead of per wall (just curious, cannot play right now to try it out)?

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
People start with this owl figurine for the raptor place? What if I didn't? Am I just out of luck and do I miss out on anything important?
The owl figurine is used to open
a passage in the Shrine of the Raptor to an area containing numerous wall inscriptions about the locations of tablets/glyphs/stones, which seem to be relevant to the main quest and which are all recorded in the quest journal. I don't know if missing them will have any effects in terms of obtaining information later.

If I didn't get it at my start area is there a way to get to that area?
Not as far as I can tell, every starting area has its perks and Exclusive shit to use later in game, and you can't get to the other stuff if you didn't start there.

Thank you

mondblut

Arcane
So, I have not found anything to show Raghilda's sister is dead inside the Sacred Pools. mondblut Do you remember where is her broach?

Near the location where you fight Samhain horror, 1 or 2 locations before or maybe after. You find her corpse in 1-cell niche of a large hall. That was in old versions, anyway.

youhomofo

Augur
Speaking of monster info, is there any way to see how much health a specific monster has or anything like that?

Well, when you see "Dude hits monster for 10 (-20%)", that means he probably has 50 :)

Wait... oh shit. I'm just getting it. I don't know what any of the combat text means, honestly. Is there a breakdown somewhere? I just read the Wiz7 manual hoping I'd get some clues, but it was useless. I thought that percentage was related to armor or something totally different. That changes things.

biggestboss

Liturgist
If it says GUY HITS MONSTER FOR 10 (80%), I think that it means that you dealt 10 damage and it has 80% health left so you can do the math to compute its information if you want.

biggestboss

Liturgist
Hey Mondblut,

I found the area in the Catacombs labelled "Timeless Lessons" but can't find the mechanism to open the gate. It's possible that I just need to continue playing until I get something for it. Actually, I just suddenly remembered on my first playthrough finding a Key to the Mysteries and never using it so maybe it's that...

Greyfox12311

Literate
It seems like the easiest and cheapest way to remove permanent status effects (paralyze, diseased, ect) was to just let the PC die and resurect. They come back with full health and mana and only the status effects that can be cured by resting.
And perma less CON than before.
I tried before and after using save/load and I didn't lose any Con.

bataille

Arcane
Don't superID bone daggers, the game crashes 100% of the times when you do so.

Also, what does the SAVE [number] means when you superID some items?
And that C- on the mask?

ghmytnjtg.jpg

biggestboss

Liturgist
I don't know what the C- and the numbers mean, but I know that the one time I wore one and rested that character instantly died so from then on I just sold them all.

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
Hey Mondblut,

I found the area in the Catacombs labelled "Timeless Lessons" but can't find the mechanism to open the gate. It's possible that I just need to continue playing until I get something for it. Actually, I just suddenly remembered on my first playthrough finding a Key to the Mysteries and never using it so maybe it's that...
It's the key to the mysteries, you find it on a dead guy in the Catacombs.

lorn

Educated
So, with 1.2.0.7 I decided to restart. I'm in Crowl now, approaching level 3. Didn't find a single key (perk, gate or locksmith) so far. Weird.

biggestboss

Liturgist
Yeah, I think Cleve super nerfed key drops even after reducing their sell price.

Viata

Arcane
Thank god I put some points in Climbing.

How does that work? You need to invest in climbing with all characters equally or just one?
Equally. When you climb(up or down), every char is tested, so if you succeed, it means everyone passed the test, thus you get extra exp. I not every char that failed, take some damage. If you fail, it means everyone failed thus some items also break.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom