Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News GOLDEN BABY RISING - Grimoire Released!

GrimoireFTW

Learned
Lol are the metacritic reviews fake? This dosent sound like Ladyerror but I could be wrong

All this user's reviews
  • Lady_Error
    Aug 5, 2017
    Game looks like pants. So slow and tedious to do the simplest things. Plays horribly and bugs everywhere. Not worth to pick up in a 1$ bundle, yet the developer, Cleve Blakemore(a racist, arrogant, insane bully)wants 40 dollars for something that looks and plays worse than RPG maker shovelware!

GrimoireFTW

Learned
Also no backer key for me yet, although I'm sure playing the game at this point is a waste of time anyways.

Now that it's released just need to wait 2-3 years for the community patches to make it worth playing

PrettyDeadman

Every single negative review is made from an account with 0 other reviews, its safe to assume that those are not honest opinions.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Yeah I was surprised to see the amount of lvl 0 accounts on the Grimoire review page.

(EDIT: Actually virtually all of those level 0s are private profiles, woops)

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
so who is doing the reverse codex opinions on metacritic?

DrogBlacktooth Aug 5, 2017
What an amazing game by Cleve. It really dwarfs any achievement I have made in my life, I was initially angry that this game was released but I realized that I was actually angry at myself and jealous of Cleve and his game.

Also I would like you to know I am preparing my body for that video I said I would make.

PrettyDeadman

So with the length of Grimoire and regular Codex time frames, can we expect a review posted in 1-2 years?
10-20 years probably. In that timeframe I can probably get a degree in english language and creative writing and write a review myself!

Tigranes

Arcane
So with the length of Grimoire and regular Codex time frames, can we expect a review posted in 1-2 years?
10-20 years probably. In that timeframe I can probably get a degree in english language and creative writing and write a review myself!

One of those things are going to disqualify you from Codex review writing, my friend

A user named cat

This game was never supposed to come out. Grimoire delays were a part of Codex lore and canon. This isn't right, I don't know what to believe anymore.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Finally keys are getting out, but it wouldn't be Cleve if he didn't add his own twist

Your Steam key is included below. Please do not gift or exchange with another person unless you have specifically cleared it in advance with us.

So no throwing my key to the wolves. Too much hassle to clear it with Cleve

Latro

Arcane
This game was never supposed to come out. Grimoire delays were a part of Codex lore and canon. This isn't right, I don't know what to believe anymore.
That era of delay is over.

This is the new era of enlightenment. Every Next Friday has turned into every Friday, wherein we receive a new patch eliminating crucial bugs and enabling exotic features.
This is the era of the Golden Baby.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
So, I got my key a couple of hours ago. The game is a bit rough on the edges but it seems to work.

I just tried it for a small while since I don't have much free time now, but I'm already wondering if 8 character party was such a brilliant idea. It doesn't bring much in terms of strategical options and it sure feels like turns last for ever. Well, I'll see how it really feels after a couple of nights.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Every single negative review is made from an account with 0 other reviews, its safe to assume that those are not honest opinions.

After spending considerable time with this game-

I'm quite certain that, amidst the many SJW troll reviews, there's a decidedly negative tone even if you remove them.

This is because frankly the game is extremely lacking. It's lacking in combat options, character development, writing, audio, graphics as well as critical gameplay elements such as pacing. One of the most puzzling facts is the 'choose your own difficulty' approach that leaves it completely a mystery how many encounters you are supposed to fight.

Even if we look past the limitations, given that this is essentially a 20-year old game, you will find that even its contemporary competitors offer more. One of the most glaring omissions that completely devastates the already bad, solely mouse-driven (decline) UI is the utter lack of hotkeys to enter combat options. Every Wizardry game had those. Even Lands of Lore, the Skyrim of dungeon crawlers, had them. The game is literally more primitive than Lands of Lore in terms of UI design. That's just deplorable.

The game looks much, much worse if we compare it to contemporary dungeon crawlers: Elminage Gothic has brilliantly balanced items and classes as well as challenging maps that are interesting to traverse; the same can be said more or less for every newer dungeon crawler.

This game is nothing more but a sad joke and it's apparent that everyone here praising it is doing so to be ironic. I find this deplorable.

The one thing I admire in man is his ability to critically examine when he is wrong. I was enthusiastic about this game. Even during the beta I really hoped the feedback given would translate into a playable experience. I understand that it's very funny to pretend that it's a good game for laughs, or that you want to try to feel as if your $40 weren't wasted on trash but I implore you to foster actual, honest discussion. No thread about this game even honestly talks about the dozens of glaring problems and feature omissions; the issues with essentially everything.

Imagine, I even read someone praising the music and sound effects! I understand that you like to troll but for goodness's sake, is it /really/ that funny to run around saying "The sun is a really cold star!"?

This game is an utter travesty and I daresay you are a moron if you enjoy it, or simply lack experience with other dungeon crawlers/blobbers, which is also deplorable.

aweigh, as our resident dungeon crawler, how do you feel about this game?

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
The game looks much, much worse if we compare it to contemporary dungeon crawlers: Elminage Gothic has brilliantly balanced items and classes as well as challenging maps that are interesting to traverse (...) aweigh, as our resident dungeon crawler, how do you feel about this game?
Badmouthing Grimoire to promote JPRGs. Disgusting!

rating_agenda.png

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I... just don't understand what's so fun about this online roleplaying game you're playing. But by all means, go on and pretend amongst yourselves that the sky is purple at midnight, if it pleases you.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
And provide some arguments if you're actually serious. Which you're not.

Jaesun, you played a lot of these games and inexplicably pretend to like this one.

PM me if it's all just some big Codex joke.

Failing that, please enumerate what you like about it. I am interested in facts, not feelings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom