Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A WYSIWYG posting mode

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I think it would be really nice if there was an option to do the posting in a What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get form. Specifically, the kind you have in MS Word, where you are simultaneously shown what the formatting,.etc in your post looks like. Alot of forums have this system, and I find it rather convenient. It saves the trouble of previewing to check if the post looks right with the images, font size,.etc.

I do honestly find the default system easy to work with (unlike the awful posting system in Bioware forums), but sometimes when I can only be on the internet for a limited amount of time, and I want to make the post as quickly as possible, I feel that such a system would be helpful, even when it makes only a small difference in time and effort. To post an image, one would simply have to copy it directly and paste it in the message box instead of having to right-click the image, select properties, copy the link, and put it in tags.

So...could such a system work out?

User was nabbed fit

I hate that kind of form. I like to have it kept simple, personally. If it were optional, k sure.

I use a greasemonkey script to enable quick reply boxes on phpBB boards that don't normally have them, so I in fact have two of them here. Tyranny of choice.

I like the current system.
The only change I'd make to the boards would be to show more page numbers. 30-40 would make the navigation through large threads easier.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
How can you guys have not known about the quick reply box? I never use the normal reply box, even when quoting usually I will middle click on quote to open it in another tab and then ctrl-a ctrl-c and come paste it back in the old tab's quick reply box.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
How can you guys have not known about the quick reply box? I never use the normal reply box, even when quoting usually I will middle click on quote to open it in another tab and then ctrl-a ctrl-c and come paste it back in the old tab's quick reply box.

Part one of a soon to be posted tutorial on how to spam the codex into oblivion.

Castanova

Prophet
Trash said:

Part one of a soon to be posted tutorial on how to spam the codex into oblivion.

Testing, 1 2 3. Testing 1 2 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom