Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Reinhardt

Arcane
It's dead?

made

Arcane
Server shut down with Kitava at 10% lol. He seems easier than some of the earlier new bosses, easier to predict and dodge his abilities. Also killing Maligaro et al 4 times in various forms is really lame. The storyline was much more awe-inspiring when Dominus was the final boss. Now it's just killing random Gods and collecting their powers for no reason like in some Japanese grinder.

Sykar

Arcane
Server shut down with Kitava at 10% lol. He seems easier than some of the earlier new bosses, easier to predict and dodge his abilities. Also killing Maligaro et al 4 times in various forms is really lame. The storyline was much more awe-inspiring when Dominus was the final boss. Now it's just killing random Gods and collecting their powers for no reason like in some Japanese grinder.

They could have had like one minor god at the very end of act 10. Killing mulitple "gods" tends to break the atmosphere to some degree or another for me. Dominus was great because he was the reason you had to crawl through the muck and filth of Wraeclast in the first place, it was personal and satisfying killing him.
The "god crisis" on the other hand? Oh because it was all your fault since you prevented Malachai from becoming a god who wanted to let everyone suffer in eternal nightmare and that trend continues of you cleaning up the mess you caused which was completely unavoidable in the first place with little to no help. Sigh.

ArchAngel

Arcane

They could have had like one minor god at the very end of act 10. Killing mulitple "gods" tends to break the atmosphere to some degree or another for me. Dominus was great because he was the reason you had to crawl through the muck and filth of Wraeclast in the first place, it was personal and satisfying killing him.
The "god crisis" on the other hand? Oh because it was all your fault since you prevented Malachai from becoming a god who wanted to let everyone suffer in eternal nightmare and that trend continues of you cleaning up the mess you caused which was completely unavoidable in the first place with little to no help. Sigh.
After you killed the Beast that managed to control all Gods and keep them sleeping, why would killing minor Gods left and right be a problem for your character?

T. Reich

Arcane
Stioy-wise, the exile you play is the super-jinxed unlucky person.

Fist they fuck up their life in Oriath, and get tossed overboard to die in the nightmare-land.
They manage to pull through by skill and determination, but then they just had to drop the ball (literally) in Vaal ruins, unleashing some extra shit on the surrounding lands.
Then for some stupid reason you listened to the crazy gem lady (probably because she asked nice, not-a-cocroach) and went inside a mountain and killed a huge piece of nightmare meat.
And released the old gods.
I suppose, your reward was being able to return to Oriath (why? The place sucked anyway).
And so you get stuck in some stupid rebellion, kill a god because he sucks and is teh enemy of freedom. And so you release a much worse god that's just going to eat you (and everything else, too).
So you listen to some shady (literally) dude who tells you that you gotta kill a bunch more gods to a) don't let them gain power and b) power the shady dude so he can help you kick the hungry god's arse.
And so you do, and then there's basically a couple of gods left (and possible some more in the far off lands, kek).
Hope you enjoy your freedom in the rubble.
Except you don't because there's Davey Jons from outer space, that you have to deal with because some redhead (who wants the dead pirate's D) asked you to.
What a life!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Also I find it hilarious how as a Marauder I get to kill Tukuhama which is their main God and he does not even comment it lol.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I was hoping Haku or Navali would say something about that as well.
I came to Innocence fight with 1900 life with my Vortex Berserker. Vortex is a low AoE almost melee skill. I didn't die in that fight or have a lot of problem. And I spent most time just standing next to him and spamming the spell.
I'm guessing you had capped resists. Everything he had was one shotting me.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also I find it hilarious how as a Marauder I get to kill Tukuhama which is their main God and he does not even comment it lol.

That's why I parked my juggernaut after killing Malachai.
It' really sad that you play whole act 5 without templar commanting a single word about his order or old friends...
Or my ranger being silent after kiiling animal gods.
They really rushed this xp release and harbinger league.

About the main quest. I believe it would've been better if we fight against the crusade all along till act 10, their leaders became corrupted after beasts death and try to unleash ye'olde gods on common folk for prufying purposes.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I was hoping Haku or Navali would say something about that as well.
I came to Innocence fight with 1900 life with my Vortex Berserker. Vortex is a low AoE almost melee skill. I didn't die in that fight or have a lot of problem. And I spent most time just standing next to him and spamming the spell.
I'm guessing you had capped resists. Everything he had was one shotting me.
Purity of Elements is your friend during leveling ;)

Damned Registrations

Like I got enough mana for that shit, I can't even run my blasphemy yet. I should have saved that resist flask though, or at least alt'd the stibnite to give resists.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Like I got enough mana for that shit, I can't even run my blasphemy yet. I should have saved that resist flask though, or at least alt'd the stibnite to give resists.
Don't use anything except that Purity. You don't really need more dps during leveling or if you do you are doing something wrong.

Gerrard

Arcane
What the actual fuck is happening over at GGG
- People's characters turning into level 1 Scions
- People's characters being sent to the void league (by what Chris said I assume it was a failed attempt at fixing the above)
- Quite a few people getting banned apparently for no reason

That's all on top of the mess that is this obviously rushed out update (despite the delays) and lackluster league.
I'm sure the works on the XBox version had nothing to do with these issues making it to live.:rpgcodex:

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
What the actual fuck is happening over at GGG
- People's characters turning into level 1 Scions
- People's characters being sent to the void league (by what Chris said I assume it was a failed attempt at fixing the above)
- Quite a few people getting banned apparently for no reason
Links?

I'm sure the works on the XBox version had nothing to do with these issues making it to live.:rpgcodex:
:negative:

Gerrard

Arcane

Damned Registrations

Don't use anything except that Purity. You don't really need more dps during leveling or if you do you are doing something wrong.
Flickerstrike doesn't exactly get you very far without high dps. I could have just played some other skill till maps but at that point why even do the fight yourself.

Perkel

Arcane
Ok i am pretty positivelly suprised by Oriath expansion. Due to lack of time i just finished ACT6

While ACT5 seems to be really small compared to something like ACT3. ACT6 so far is my favorite act of all PoE and so far it was actually bigger than old ACT3 (which had waaay to big few areas).

Though some of def spikes were weird. Like i am running heavy tank duelist right now with bleed so i barely even touch enemies (1hit and run) and i died multiple times despite having like 1,5k life and max resists in act5. I died multiple times just before last boss in ACT5 to some fire throwing bastards. Despite max resists and ton of life 2-3 of them attacking at once can kill me in less than second.

ACT6 on other hand was great all around. Only bullshit thing i found was Shevronne books that hovered midair. Despite hp and res 2-3 of them can outright kill you in second. I loved that there were so many good bosses that alone could easily run as whole act boss.

I hope rest of the acts will be just as good as ACT6.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok i am pretty positivelly suprised by Oriath expansion. Due to lack of time i just finished ACT6

While ACT5 seems to be really small compared to something like ACT3. ACT6 so far is my favorite act of all PoE and so far it was actually bigger than old ACT3 (which had waaay to big few areas).

Though some of def spikes were weird. Like i am running heavy tank duelist right now with bleed so i barely even touch enemies (1hit and run) and i died multiple times despite having like 1,5k life and max resists in act5. I died multiple times just before last boss in ACT5 to some fire throwing bastards. Despite max resists and ton of life 2-3 of them attacking at once can kill me in less than second.

ACT6 on other hand was great all around. Only bullshit thing i found was Shevronne books that hovered midair. Despite hp and res 2-3 of them can outright kill you in second. I loved that there were so many good bosses that alone could easily run as whole act boss.

I hope rest of the acts will be just as good as ACT6.
Sound like you are trying to use a real melee skill. You should have zero problems using Sunder or FrostBlades.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
I got so bored using sunder and cyclone I refunded into a flicker strike build, some more work to be done but I can almost maintain charges permanently for single target.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom