Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

ukdouble1

Educated
Did anybody understand how the party members are arranged? Any my chars can hit the enemy with a range-1 weapon. But, if we assume that the position of the party members are equal, it is not clear why the enemy always hit the front two soldiers, not the rear magicians or, at worst, anyone.

Privateer62

Barely Literate
I am stuck at the Vault of the Exemplar. I know I need the Key of the Exemplar, and it involves the machine at the museum and the Cosmic Egg. Do you put the unbroken egg into the machine? Or do you need to crush it first in the dwarf mine crusher and feed the Cosmic Yolk into the machine? What else (if anything that I didn't mention) needs to be done to get the Exemplar Vault key?

Viata

Arcane
the BANE of hobnob? Really? Really?.... alright then. Sure. Why not.

Thanks.
The bane of hobnob is a symbol of darkness, since it's used for sacrifice(remember when you first used it). Now, the gate guard asks you if you are a friend of darkness, thus you show it to him.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
I am stuck at the Vault of the Exemplar. I know I need the Key of the Exemplar, and it involves the machine at the museum and the Cosmic Egg. Do you put the unbroken egg into the machine? Or do you need to crush it first in the dwarf mine crusher and feed the Cosmic Yolk into the machine? What else (if anything that I didn't mention) needs to be done to get the Exemplar Vault key?

Combine the yolk and the jeweled egg then put it into the machine in the Museum of Magic. Then you go to the Eyrie and use the resulting item at the nest.

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
felipepepe
Were you able to close the northeast pit on Skulheim? The code I found doesn't work.

Edit:
I have to go back a earlier save, if you press the button next to it before closing it, it remains open forever.

Last edited:

osefmarcher

Literate
Are drows useless because of the mana regen issue or do they actually get special items that makes up for it? (like it says on character creation)

they are no Drow only items.

Not that I doubt you, I found no evidence to the contrary, ( except the drow creation screen says so ) but how do you know for sure? did you find all items? also do you have any knowledge of good items for other specific races?

I check the item database of the game (at least from SuperDemo) and people have been to Drow city also noticed it, nothing for Drow ONLY so far.

Last edited:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Viata , Lady Error

You two seems far into the game, Did you find any "special drow only items" that are mentioned on character creation? any other specific race items?

Haven't seen any race-specific items yet - got about 30% of the maps. There are some class-specific weapons, eg. a cool dagger only for Jesters, Assasins and Thieves.

lorn

Educated
I just found a ring of swordsmen. Super ID says 12 Agi, 12 swordsmanship. but also that it's cursed.

A good item with the curse drawback or is there something nasty hidden here?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Did anybody understand how the party members are arranged? Any my chars can hit the enemy with a range-1 weapon. But, if we assume that the position of the party members are equal, it is not clear why the enemy always hit the front two soldiers, not the rear magicians or, at worst, anyone.
AFAIK, Range-1 weapon means they can only hit the group of enemies in the front. Enemies are the same, they need long-range weapons to attack your characters in the back.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
When killing Shrike -- he drops keys that lead underground. I've found different ladders that lead inside those doors (don't know if it was all the doors, though).

I couldn't find where to use the Academy Key he drops. Where is that place?

Haru

Savant
Viata , Lady Error

You two seems far into the game, Did you find any "special drow only items" that are mentioned on character creation? any other specific race items?

Haven't seen any race-specific items yet - got about 30% of the maps. There are some class-specific weapons, eg. a cool dagger only for Jesters, Assasins and Thieves.

Are those daggers / swords from
Mandarian's assassin?

Haru

Savant
When killing Shrike -- he drops keys that lead underground. I've found different ladders that lead inside those doors (don't know if it was all the doors, though).

I couldn't find where to use the Academy Key he drops. Where is that place?

It's near the water leading up to the door or it's near that entrance. I don't have my game loaded at the moment. I used all his keys, so it's somewhere in town. The Pagadoa (spellcheck?) was used underground, though, not in town.

I just found a ring of swordsmen. Super ID says 12 Agi, 12 swordsmanship. but also that it's cursed.

A good item with the curse drawback or is there something nasty hidden here?
Somehow I didn't see that it was cursed before putting it on, where do you see if an item's cursed?

I put it on anyways and have gotten good use out of it.

Whipping Post

Educated
How do you resurrect a dead vamphyre? Looks like conventional methods (e.g., Cadeceus of Life) don't apply.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom