Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Did anyone find out how to open that gate in the Smuggler's Hideout to get to the Crow's Nest levels? Also, that remaining gate in Samhain - how do you open it? Apparently it leads to Moravia.

mondblut

Arcane
Did anyone find out how to open that gate in the Smuggler's Hideout to get to the Crow's Nest levels? Also, that remaining gate in Samhain - how do you open it? Apparently it leads to Moravia.

You can get to Crow's Nest around that gate (or room, rather). The room with a chest inside with gates on both sides is still a mystery.

mondblut

Arcane
Updated the Grimoire world map:

jVV9F1e.png

That's some dedication!

Some fixes and additions:

The arrow leading from the armory nowhere leads to Crowl Prison (or rather the other way around) - the imprisoned start. You may also want to add Sanctuary and Eerie Wastes leading to Crowl (one-sided teleport for Wastes).

Cistern Zero leads back to Samhain Gorge, not to Great Hall.

There is a direct ladder from Waterport to Hall of Commerce in addition to the Harbor backdoor.

Electrophoresis Works lead to Saltwyrm Caves.

Why garden of the oracle onwards is orange? Anything special there I hadn't noticed?

lorn

Educated
Did anybody further along find a use for the locksmith keys and common gate keys? They are starting to clog up my inventory again.

Btw, Necromancer rocks. Just used cosmic gate to oneshot the samhain horror.

Also a derp moment for me: the turtle was literally thing the last thing I explored in the water chamber, I pretty much 100% this area with swimming. Granted my party had 100 swimming skill, but still requires a lot of resting and being careful as even that only allows traversal of around 10 tiles.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
I opened a generic lockpickable door with locksmith key. Then reloaded because I'd rather earn a skillpoint ;) Degenerate gameplay, yay!

Viata

Arcane
Why garden of the oracle onwards is orange? Anything special there I hadn't noticed?
I'm still figuring the colors out, but Orange would be "optional area"... not sure if I'll keep that.

BTW, four entire maps to reach that lame Oracle was a load of bullshit.
Yeah, the reward wasn't worth it too.
You should also put colors in "can miss this map forever" there. Like Spiral Deathtrap.

lorn

Educated
How can Moravia be accessed? I hope, you do not need the key, you only get from the midknight start. Would be really weird to be locked out of a massive dungeon like this based on your start choice.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
How can Moravia be accessed? I hope, you do not need the key, you only get from the midknight start. Would be really weird to be locked out of a massive dungeon like this based on your start choice.
You reach it by using the Monolotih in Samhain Gorge, after you talked to the Green Mandarin. You can explore it fully without the key, but it's a really bad dungeon... it's 7 levels with noting but random encounters, only worth for the great loot.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
After an hour of fiddling around with Steam, I managed to update Grimoire to 1.2.0.22 and now have obtained my 4th Tablet.

Though I don't know how I had managed to miss
the Book of Reflection, which did show up on the Locate Items map, but somehow my eyes glossed over it every time, resulting in my wasting 2-3 hours. :dealwithit:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Wtf, I wasn't able to 100%

Oblivion

It was just one room? But Wizard Eye shows it has way more than that?

Can I get back there? Was there a trick I missed somehow?

Viata

Arcane
Wtf, I wasn't able to 100%

Oblivion

It was just one room? But Wizard Eye shows it has way more than that?

Can I get back there? Was there a trick I missed somehow?
When you get there? You go there two times and one of them is possible to miss forever.
Ahriman sends you once(kill him BEFORE saving the wizard at the Cathedral Bell and you lost the chance to go there), end game send you the other time

Viata

Arcane
Am I missing a hint on the Tabernacle of Music? I know I have to play six notes based on the fruit colors, but in which order?
I did right to left, but I don't remember anything telling me that. Can't remember now which was the first, I try a lot thanks to not knowing the exactly sequence(also I was unsure if the colors were right for a while).

Haru

Savant
Probably going to wait for V2 or more patches -- but two questions:

Did anyone figure out "the code" to the Kublai chest?
What do you tell the ACME head underground in Kublai? Do you have to clean off the runes near the magical broom and that yields the answer?

Jugashvili

管官的官
Patron
Codex 2013
Probably going to wait for V2 or more patches -- but two questions:

Did anyone figure out "the code" to the Kublai chest?
What do you tell the ACME head underground in Kublai? Do you have to clean off the runes near the magical broom and that yields the answer?
You have to tell him
the name its creator originally intended for the tokens

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
What's a good path to eventually getting a pirate? I'm looking at a Naga thief to start with, but would appreciate any thoughts. I'm not rolling beyond the 3 initial chances, so I need to plan out my party in advance before I start. (No NPC's, trying to avoid unbalancing the game) Only class I really care about other than the easy to roll standard ones is the pirate.

gestalt11

Arbiter
What's a good path to eventually getting a pirate? I'm looking at a Naga thief to start with, but would appreciate any thoughts. I'm not rolling beyond the 3 initial chances, so I need to plan out my party in advance before I start. (No NPC's, trying to avoid unbalancing the game) Only class I really care about other than the easy to roll standard ones is the pirate.

Class switching seems to be at least partially broken in that the class skills don't seem to get turned on so I would avoid making any parties based on eventual class switches until its fixed. It possible a cleric to templar switch is ok I think they have the same skill sets. But Assassin and Jester (which is implausible to switch withouth save scumming) will be pretty borked. Pirate might either lack rogue skills from warrior or lack sorcery from thief. Not entirely sure, probably best to test it with the save game editor before investing a lot of time

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
I think thief is probably the best route. I don't care too much about spells on the thief, so if he turns out to be a low-hp lockpicker/stealther/crit guy that's fine with me. Thanks for the heads up, if Pirate is broken I'll just keep him a thief.

Edit: My biggest worry is that it seems like I can't beg borrow or steal HP over 8 with any thief I've rolled prior to my "real" party. I'm trying to avoid any spoilers other than what would be in the manual, so I don't know what's safe to look at in the community wikis.

Boom, and I rolled a 31 with the Naga thief. And he had 6hp. I guess that's good enough, though I'm expecting many deaths on the way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom