Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

No Man's Sky

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I tried NMS for the first time after reading about this big new update. What an annoying piece of shit. Looks awful too with that weird filter over everything.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
So what's the story like? I'm really surprised they decided to add that.

I still can't imagine ever playing it again though.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Tried the new patch, the game stil manages to be even more boring than Elite Dangerous, which is in itself one amazing achievement :lol:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Tried the new patch, the game stil manages to be even more boring than Elite Dangerous, which is in itself one amazing achievement :lol:

Yea sadly, the game has some great procedural tech...... but apart from taking pretty screenshots you cannot do a lot.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
http://kotaku.com/no-mans-sky-is-good-now-1798630668
No Man's Sky Is Good Now
No Man’s Sky has always been a good idea. Exploring a vast universe and discovering the unknown was a good enough hook that hundreds of thousands of people gave it a try. Now the game has graduated from a good idea to an actual good game. It’s not just that there’s more content and more things to do. The game has been re-tooled, from the user interfaces to the dogfighting to working Portals, in order to improve players’ ability to discover interesting things, and allow them to actually feel a part of the worlds they inhabit. If you haven’t played since launch, pick it back up. If you were turned off by bad reviews, it’s time to give it a try.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I don't know if those player spikes are new purchases or people who bought the game and played once or twice then said fuck this shit though.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
This is the problem, many people just have no discipline. They may have sworn to never touch this game but once their curiosity was aroused, they were just waiting for an opportunity like this update. "I did it" "I pulled the trigger on NMS" etc

And a lot of people simply have too much money. As soon as a few hundred accumulate on their account, they are already longing for some crap to invest them in.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://kotaku.com/no-mans-sky-is-good-now-1798630668
No Man's Sky Is Good Now
No Man’s Sky has always been a good idea. Exploring a vast universe and discovering the unknown was a good enough hook that hundreds of thousands of people gave it a try. Now the game has graduated from a good idea to an actual good game. It’s not just that there’s more content and more things to do. The game has been re-tooled, from the user interfaces to the dogfighting to working Portals, in order to improve players’ ability to discover interesting things, and allow them to actually feel a part of the worlds they inhabit. If you haven’t played since launch, pick it back up. If you were turned off by bad reviews, it’s time to give it a try.

You are not Makabb

Reapa

Doom Preacher
What is this game exactly about? You fly around and discover new planets?
that's what all the shills should be talking about instead of how the game looks. but they don't. so the logic assumption is that the game is about looks.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Procedural generation of planets is a creative dead end, with the exception of non-game simulators like Space Engine. After at most the fourth or fifth planet visited, the quasi-random swapping of scenery bits, sky boxes, flora, and fauna parts becomes readily apparent.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
starbound has procedurally generated planets, yet it's fun because it has content. this piece of shit hasn't.

During the early and middle beta, yes, it did. It also had purely procedurally-generated fauna.

However, the developers realized that pure procedural generation was a mistake. Starbound post-release essentially has 8-9 hand-customized planet types (toxic, ocean, etc.) that differ only slightly from one planet of the same type to the next, and a couple dozen non-procedural monsters that are used on the various planets.

This was my Starbound ship. I finally got over being pissed off at the developers and played through it earlier this year.

176778683a.png
98cd76a1f0.png

:desu:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom