Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy's Grimoire Technical/Gameplay Tips Only (no spoilers) Thread

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Honestly, Zed, I didn't know there were weapons like that in the game. I'd appreciate not being spoiled (although I do appreciate what you're trying to convey). Would you mind editing your post?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
You'd like find that kind of information in the manual under the 'Lethal Blow' description, so I don't see that as a spoiler.

jfunk

Augur
Honestly, Zed, I didn't know there were weapons like that in the game. I'd appreciate not being spoiled (although I do appreciate what you're trying to convey). Would you mind editing your post?

I wouldn't call that a spoiler, it's simply an attribute on bunch of the weapons (axes and spears/lances seem to almost all have it). Cleve was telling people on the Steam threads that EITHER the player skill Lethal Blow OR the weapon attribute Lethal could trigger a critical hit, but so far all the anecdotal evidence from players seems to indicate you need BOTH in place for crits to happen.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Not a spoiler, unless attempts to explain game mechanics are considered spoilers. There are many weapons with the "lethal" trait. In the release version, it was necessary to have both the "lethal blow" skill and a weapon with the "lethal" trait to trigger critical blows, though I haven't tested it since I updated. I'm sure this would have been explained by the manual, if only one existed.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Okay, I agree, but I still would have preferred to learn about the existence of the things as a surprise.

It would have been one of those WHAT? moments that are so rare in RPG's anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom