Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Grimoire worst game, only 10 quests!

cMINIQUEST_PETRIFIED_DEMON_HORDE
cMINIQUEST_FORGED_THE_GOLDEN_ARMOR
cMINIQUEST_STOLE_BABYS_COVER
cMINIQUEST_UNSCREWED_THE_NERUKZAN
cMINIQUEST_PLAYED_WITH_LIGHT_SWITCH
cMINIQUEST_CAUGHT_RARE_FISH
cMINIQUEST_REACHED_COAST_OF_HYPERBOREA
cMINIQUEST_GOT_MILK_AND_JELLYBEANS
cMINIQUEST_DREAMED_SKYBARGE
cMINIQUEST_CRAB_IN_HOUSE

The IGG campaign states that Grimoire's NPCs use an 8000+ word vocabulary. In comparison, Infocom's 'Beyond Zork' (1987; late era) has a vocabulary of 1569 words. Incidentally, Google says that "a vocabulary of just 3000 words provides coverage for around 95% of common texts."

So, conversing with Grimoire's NPCs, compared with said Infocom game, or even using English in general, should provide some impressive conversations. Is this the case?

if(FlipCoin() == true)
{
RandomSay(16,17,18);
}
else
{
RandomSay(19,20,21);

Biggus

Scholar
Out of curiosity, what approx level were you when in The Catacombs? (for the first time, not sure if you have to go back yet).

Baff

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I haven't had much luck with long, complicated sentences, but short sentences can be productive.
Input vs output
"Bob" - I don't know much about Bob, you might want to ask Bill.
"Bill" - I don't know much about Bill, you might want to ask Bob.
"Where is Bob" - Last I heard, he is over in Lower Kublai Axis where he runs the Fish or Cut Bait store.
"Where is Bill" - Bill runs the general store with Bob in Lower Kublai Axis. They seem a bit light in the loafers, if you know what I mean.

"Where is Dartagnan" got me a great story from the right npc.

When I asked Junga Dinn "How did you get here," I got a proper explanation for why he was there along with information about a certain artifact in his possession.

Tigranes

Arcane

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
59MONtx.png

UR4NJDd.png

a_friend_in_need.jpg

Cleve Blakemore has excellent taste in art! :salute:

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
What is the first area that is not in the superdemo? I've played 55 hours and I'm in the Chamber of the Waters with 14% of the global map revealed, which I guess makes me one of the slower players...

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Even if Cleve unbanned me days ago, I still can't post. The "banned" red caption is gone, but I see no buttons to reply nor text box to type. It might be related to this.

ZO1rTs3.png

I don't get what being a "Member" means exactly, do I need to "join" some kind of user group? Or is this something Cleveland Mark Blakemore must do on his end?

bataille

Arcane
Damn, look at the incline of the first snake's head! It's so much more steep!
Could it be that we have lived to see a contender for the throne?!

Tarrant

Educated
Even if Cleve unbanned me days ago, I still can't post. The "banned" red caption is gone, but I see no buttons to reply nor text box to type. It might be related to this.

ZO1rTs3.png

I don't get what being a "Member" means exactly, do I need to "join" some kind of user group? Or is this something Cleveland Mark Blakemore must do on his end?

He'll have to fix that on his end. It's not a bonafide group by Steam standards, so there's nothing to join. But you wouldn't be seeing the message you highlighted if all the appropriate privileges had been restored.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

Possibly separated at birth twins

ss_caa2133b946957ff13660ae3cc37e32bb6c6d8d7.1920x1080.jpg

(Could be a stock image purchased from a library)

Part of a group sale of 2d monster assets sold on the Unity Store with unlimited commercial license. The originally static images were heavily modified and reanimated.

A thief thinks everybody is a thief but that's because they are thieves. Pirates try to use excuses like this to convince themselves they should go one more day without killing themselves.

This guy was instantly banned on the forum for life - not for posting these images but for suggesting there was any illegal content in Grimoire whatsoever. I have the asset purchase certificate ready for anyone who would like to see it.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
What is the first area that is not in the superdemo? I've played 55 hours and I'm in the Chamber of the Waters with 14% of the global map revealed, which I guess makes me one of the slower players...

Makes you average. Nothing to be ashamed of. Most people used hints, guides, exploits and cheats to carve many hours of play off the game.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
And why, in the name of all things holy, would somebody who pirated the game add it to their steam library for all the world to see they were playing a pirated copy?

I suspect the answer would be synonymous with the answer to: Why would someone refund a game and insult it's developer and then proceed to keep visiting any threads about it on Steam and even on external websites like the Codex where things like this exist :ibelieveincleve:

Because they
  • A) crave attention,
  • B) are retarded,
  • C) are trolling,
  • D) are totally not trolling only trying to explain
  • or E) all of the above

Just admit it and go on with your life. Buy the game and enjoy the glorious incline or ignore it and move on. But trying to rationalize refunding and pirating the game by claiming it is a broken mess, when the only real hiccup was the .07 patch is just dishonest.

Also
It sums up to:
Guy tries to fuck everyone on steam, get fucked by Cleve. Then comes here and says to not try to fuck Cleve or he is going to fuck you. Instead of people agreeing with him, he also get fucked by codex users. Quite an orgy.

When you phrase it like that I almost get jealous. Sounds quite :bounce::bounce::bounce:

You have time to type all that, but you don't have 10 seconds to look at the screen shot and see I was purportedly playing an early alpha version of the game that doesn't exist?

Yes, it was a stupid joke on my part -- a play on the fact that I thought the game was a sufficient mess to be released as an "early access" game. The reason I stuck around the forum is, as crazy as this may sound, I actually really want to play the damn thing and hope Cleve ends up fixing all the many ways in which its broken. You can look at my posting history here -- blobbers are my favorite game genre. I didn't pirate the game. I haven't played it since I refunded it. I wasn't familiar with Cleve or Grimoire before making the initial purchase. I do intend to buy it once shit gets ironed out. If you still can't understand why I may have maintained an interest and stayed active in the forum, then I can't help you.

Yes, I have a penchant for trolling -- it's the internet and I'm an immature asshole. But I didn't come here to troll, and I'm still not trolling. I just wanted to clear things up with Cleve and shit spiraled into the hilarious shitshow we have before us. I shouldn't have even made my initial post on the topic, but I was so taken aback that people would assume I pirated the game when the version and "early alpha" thing so clearly (at least in my mind) indicated it was a joke. And then I was totally blown away again by the hostile response here.

I'm heading to work and so leaving this be, but you guys might want to try following the facts next time and taking a breath before jumping down somebody's throat on bad evidence. I did not pirate the game and wouldn't pirate a game somebody spent 20 years making by himself. That I chose to refund it until I saw fixes made is my prerogative.

BANNED FOREVER, NO SAVING THROW

FOREVER, PERMADEATH.

F O R E V E R.

Tarrant

Educated
And why, in the name of all things holy, would somebody who pirated the game add it to their steam library for all the world to see they were playing a pirated copy?

I suspect the answer would be synonymous with the answer to: Why would someone refund a game and insult it's developer and then proceed to keep visiting any threads about it on Steam and even on external websites like the Codex where things like this exist :ibelieveincleve:

Because they
  • A) crave attention,
  • B) are retarded,
  • C) are trolling,
  • D) are totally not trolling only trying to explain
  • or E) all of the above

Just admit it and go on with your life. Buy the game and enjoy the glorious incline or ignore it and move on. But trying to rationalize refunding and pirating the game by claiming it is a broken mess, when the only real hiccup was the .07 patch is just dishonest.

Also
It sums up to:
Guy tries to fuck everyone on steam, get fucked by Cleve. Then comes here and says to not try to fuck Cleve or he is going to fuck you. Instead of people agreeing with him, he also get fucked by codex users. Quite an orgy.

When you phrase it like that I almost get jealous. Sounds quite :bounce::bounce::bounce:

You have time to type all that, but you don't have 10 seconds to look at the screen shot and see I was purportedly playing an early alpha version of the game that doesn't exist?

Yes, it was a stupid joke on my part -- a play on the fact that I thought the game was a sufficient mess to be released as an "early access" game. The reason I stuck around the forum is, as crazy as this may sound, I actually really want to play the damn thing and hope Cleve ends up fixing all the many ways in which its broken. You can look at my posting history here -- blobbers are my favorite game genre. I didn't pirate the game. I haven't played it since I refunded it. I wasn't familiar with Cleve or Grimoire before making the initial purchase. I do intend to buy it once shit gets ironed out. If you still can't understand why I may have maintained an interest and stayed active in the forum, then I can't help you.

Yes, I have a penchant for trolling -- it's the internet and I'm an immature asshole. But I didn't come here to troll, and I'm still not trolling. I just wanted to clear things up with Cleve and shit spiraled into the hilarious shitshow we have before us. I shouldn't have even made my initial post on the topic, but I was so taken aback that people would assume I pirated the game when the version and "early alpha" thing so clearly (at least in my mind) indicated it was a joke. And then I was totally blown away again by the hostile response here.

I'm heading to work and so leaving this be, but you guys might want to try following the facts next time and taking a breath before jumping down somebody's throat on bad evidence. I did not pirate the game and wouldn't pirate a game somebody spent 20 years making by himself. That I chose to refund it until I saw fixes made is my prerogative.

BANNED FOREVER, NO SAVING THROW

FOREVER, PERMADEATH.

F O R E V E R.

Blow it out your ass, you obese pederast. I didn't pirate your game, and I certainly don't give a damn about not being able to post in your forum. Get bent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom