Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If it weren't already pointless complaining about bugs that would be gone by the time the review was posted.
He was banned for a post in a forum, not a review. Nobody would recommend a game, or assume that the developer is rightminded after being banned for gushing praise of that same game.

I mean the upcoming neutral-negative codex review. At this stage, a Felipepepe review carries as much gravitas as a Baxander youtube rant.

Razor44

Novice
That reffered to using OP exploits vs OP bosses, not the whole game.
So you mean you can play the game, start to finish, and have fun, while being disappointed by certain fights towards the late/optional areas?

This reminds me of a certain review posted on Steam which used to recommend the game.

:M

Let me repeat this for you:

It's a fact that Cleve said the game needs balancing and polishing, yet here we have our felipepepe lying in his Steam review that "the developer won't be honest about the state of the game". I'm sorry, but that's just not true.

And he won't recommend the game based on that. Quote:

If he won't be honest about the state the game is, then I can't recommend it.

Really beginning to think you have some serious kind of psychological bias going on.

Tigranes

Arcane
Where Felipepe seems to be coming from is that you have to break the game to beat the game; according to him you have to play the game in a very specific way to actually beat it.

This is really the biggest issue I would like information on. I'm certainly ready to believe it may be true, but it's a really damning claim that deserves more attention than the steam forum drama / he said / Cleve said stuff.

What point of the game does this become apparent? What exactly defines a requirement to break the game in this case? Can anyone else weigh in a little on their experience with the back half of the game outside of waiting on a review?

All honest questions though, don't get me wrong. I'm only at chamber of the waters so I'm pretty far off from what I imagine are the dubious sections but if anyone could spare the time to shed some light on this I'd be grateful.

I don't care about this latest bitchslap fight but for those interested in the game: I believe I'm roughly halfway through or a bit more and I haven't ever needed to break the game to beat it. It certainly is unbalanced in all the classic ways - some spells are super OP, bards are OP, some enemies are OP, etc. - but you're rarely (never?) forced to turn to them lest your life become hell.

Delterius

Arcane
If it weren't already pointless complaining about bugs that would be gone by the time the review was posted.
He was banned for a post in a forum, not a review. Nobody would recommend a game, or assume that the developer is rightminded after being banned for gushing praise of that same game.

I mean the upcoming neutral-negative codex review. At this stage, a Felipepepe review carries as much gravitas as a Baxander youtube rant.

Face it dude, this is splitting hairs: the thread. Nobody ever disagreed on actual issues. Someone made a post mixing gushing praise with a dash of criticism and was banned for it.

If this isn't worth losing one customer, then what is? Killing his dog?

EDIT: And of course, when someone points out what was actually said between the two, you rate it 'retarded'. How quaint.

Razor44

Novice
Btw, a bit off topioc but Stellar Tactics is in Early Access...*also happens to be another dev that worked with the Wizardry series*... Its pretty clear that its an early access title but the gameplay is great even without ship combat yet. The difference is the ST dev doesnt treat his patrons like plebes/serfs...the forum is a whole different vibe.

Viata

Arcane
I don't care about this latest bitchslap fight but for those interested in the game: I believe I'm roughly halfway through or a bit more and I haven't ever needed to break the game to beat it. It certainly is unbalanced in all the classic ways - some spells are super OP, bards are OP, some enemies are OP, etc. - but you're rarely (never?) forced to turn to them lest your life become hell.
How many tables you got, btw?

Ellef

Deplorable

Face it dude, this is splitting hairs: the thread. Nobody ever disagreed on actual issues. Someone made a post mixing gushing praise with a dash of criticism and was banned for it.

If this isn't worth losing one customer, then what is? Killing his dog?

EDIT: And of course, when someone points out what was actually said between the two, you rate it 'retarded'. How quaint.

A steam forum ban doesn't affect the game's quality in the slightest, I couldn't care less, it bears no mentioning in any review or rating of Grimoire.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Face it, what made Cleve lose it was the suggestion that Grimoire V1 should have been the EA.

That review was posted before the argument where he misquoted Cleve, Cleve corrected him, and then he doubled-down on being wrong. That's when he got banned. This isn't a care of "Felipe posted a negative review and Cleve banned him on sight." That's not what happened.

PEACH

Arbiter

Thanks, it's really helpful to hear that from someone much further in than me :salute:

Sounds like everything is about what I had initially expected and my party of honorable adventurers will be just fine for quite a while

Ellef

Deplorable
A steam forum ban doesn't affect the game's quality in the slightest, I couldn't care less, it bears no mentioning in any review or rating of Grimoire.
It has not been mentioned in any official reviews in any publication that I know of.

Well that was your distinction, not mine. He's changed his steam rating and is visibly unhinged and clearly in no state to fairly judge the game. I'm wary that any further interactions he has with Grimoire or Cleve will result in guest appearances on The Weary Adventurer. Possibly his own channel.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Fucking heretics.

Cleve delivered big time by releasing the best rpg ever. It is a bit unbalanced and has a couple of bugs, but is still better than any other rpg released by AAA studios ever, and it does easily provide 600+ hours of gameplay if you don't rush through and take your time. All that petty sapiens' butthurt is hilarious.

Long live the 'thal!
If you are happy staring at one of his masterfully crafted and beautifully rendered walls it could theoretically last forever.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Lady Error said:
Lady Error was butt hurt enough to waste her time going through my post history and retardeding all my posts lol.
Not sure if you think I care, or if someone else cares, but I can assure you the case is neither. Thanks for the chuckle anyway. :lol:

You get butthurt over 4 rated posts in a row and that's "all your posts" in your post history? Good to know.

You went through something like 38-40 of my posts doing exactly the same thing, so I believe him. I got alert after alert just watching you go from one post to the next over the course of 20-something pages.. lol.

Ain't gonna lie, it was amusing. ;)
6eyVXLV.jpg

there's obviously a pattern.

Tigranes

Arcane
How many tables you got, btw?

Only a couple. Maybe I'm way off on how far I think I am? I glanced at FP's map and I thought it was halfish.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom